No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got reminded of a story I read a long time ago, and now I can't remember any of the salient details like title or author, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Basically, John got turned into a puppy temporarily and spent his whole day following Elizabeth around because he freaked out if she tried to leave him with anyone else. And I'm pretty sure puppy!John got to sleep in her bed that night after she'd threatened him about chewing on her shoes.

Ring a bell for anyone?
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      I just got reminded of a story I read a long time ago, and now I can't remember any of the salient details like title or author, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Basically, John got turned into a puppy temporarily and spent his whole day following Elizabeth around because he freaked out if she tried to leave him with anyone else. And I'm pretty sure puppy!John got to sleep in her bed that night after she'd threatened him about chewing on her shoes.

Ring a bell for anyone?
      Puppy Love by Ciristh (sp?). I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Ring a bell for anyone?
        That was an easy one. Enjoy. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2868303/1/
        There are lots of cute ones in the S/W humor category on Fanfiction.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
          That was an easy one. Enjoy. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2868303/1/
          There are lots of cute ones in the S/W humor category on Fanfiction.
          Hee. So I was almost right about the author's name. Thanks for finding the link, Red. It's such an adorable story.

Comment

Thanks, you two. This fic is too much fun.
            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Fic rec! I just read this, and it's wonderful. Warning: major character death.

Dies Nefastus

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
                No one can really say if Jessica Steen continued to play Weir, that you would or wouldn't like sparky. Simply put if JS was playing Weir, most of you to this day probably would not have even heard of Torri Higginson, there for you wouldn't know what you were missing with TH playing Weir.
                Maybe, but I for one like the gravitas TH brings to the role. JS was a little fluffy for my taste - I could never see her as someone who had "brokered a dozen international treaties". I hope it's not just because I can't see past the blonde hair.

Of course the chemistry wouldn't be the sparky we know and love, because half of it would be missing. And it's hard to imagine the chemistry better, so I like it the way it is, thanks.
                SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia

Dies Nefastus
                  That was very good. Where are my tissues?
                  I usually only read a fic that has a character die on a night that I can watch an episode. That way I can erase the sadness.
                  Thanks for the rec. Now I need to go get comfy for Mckay and Mrs Miller.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by k1037
                    I wandered into a thread link at the bottom of this page ("Related Threads") and noticed the "anti" Weir/Shep thread. This is almost 2 years old, but I have to ask:
                    Just have to ask..what in particular won you over? Or am I mistaking/assuming your presence in this thread (Shep/Weir Ship) as being pro-Sparky?
                    Oh my... this was like a million years ago... Goodness me... Don't remember the post but I remember Pam though....
                    Truth be told... I wasn't always a shipper much less a S/W one but gradually I did see something develop between the two... I'm not a shipper by inclination but I tell it as I see it
                    As for what won me over completely... it was probably The Seige 3...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus
                      That was very good. Where are my tissues?
                      I usually only read a fic that has a character die on a night that I can watch an episode. That way I can erase the sadness.
                      Thanks for the rec. Now I need to go get comfy for Mckay and Mrs Miller.

Oooh, I LOVE that piccie! Thanks for posting it again. *sigh* I have to wait a while again before M&MM, but I'm really looking forward to it!
                      sigpic

Comment

So, thoughts on McKay and Mrs. Miller:

Spoiler:
                        Not a lot of Sparky in this one, but it was still a great episode. John and Elizabeth did have a couple of cute mind-reading moments, as well as lots of eye-contact. I did notice that whenever they were in the room together they were practically touching, which seems to be their modus operandi. Overall it was a pretty good episode.

Originally posted by Trialia

Dies Nefastus

Awww, thank you so much for recommending my fic!

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                        Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                        Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                        Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

Spoilers for McKay and Mrs. Miller:
                          Spoiler:
                          I have to say, I enjoyed this one. I thought the prospect of two McKays was enough for me to want to kill myself, but they keep surprising me with the McKay episodes.

Kate Hewlett was a doll, and it was great that they really addressed that things aren't the same for men and women in the sciences. There shouldn't be that much of a difference, but there is. Excellent writing on this one, and Kate and David Hewlett were superb together.

Not much on the Shep/Weir front, though John did preen a bit in front of her when he found out that his alternate self had come up with some brilliant plan.

Also? John has really good taste in golf equipment.

And the final scene with John and Ronon teasing Teyla about some guy was just too cute.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I agree melyanna about the moment John found out his other self came up with the idea of sending Mckay. But I liked in the begining of the episode where John & Elizabeth had a easy conversation going between them. Weir asking if Mckay has ever talked about his sister with John. And when John started to realized Mckay was hinding something with the Mere name. You say john say behind but you see Elizabeth looking back even though she was following the rest of the group.
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Mckay and Mrs. Miller, not my favorite episode
                              Spoiler:
                              no sparky really like at all, maybe if you squint and try really hard.

I liked the interaction between Mckay and his sister but that was about it. I was hoping for at least one scene with Elizabeth in the cafeteria but nothing. Oh well, I guess they don't want Elizabeth to bond with the team. I don't mind as long as we still get those Elizabeth and John moments when they talk.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

My two cents on M&MM:

Spoiler:
                                So not a lot of Sparky, but that’s ok. As much as we would like, not every episode can be devoted to the awesomeness of Sheppard and Weir. We don’t want to shove it in everyone’s faces…or do we? Anyways, there was the usual flirty glances and zero personal space, which we have in every single episode.

I think the end kinda put a nail in the Sheppard/Teyla coffin. In my opinion, it was the writers way of saying…these two are just really good friends. I thought it was cute. And Ronon was just acting like he didn’t care…trying to play it cool, ‘cause that’s how he rolls.

Next weeks ep should be…interesting. We’ll just have to see how that one plays out.
                                "Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of: A. Indifference and(or) B. Disinterest from what the critics say" - Panic! At the Disco

Comment

Working...
                                X