No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping in with a suggestion for how to bring in new viewers and Sparky converts. Hey, I'm not above shameless manipulation.Not that much is needed. I put the vids I have made on a DVD and shipped it off to an old college friend who lives in Kentucky. We've been talking about my newly acquired technical skills and being an engineer he has to see it to believe it. Anyway, as soon as he viewed it he called. Not only did he love the vids but wants to start watching the show. His mother wandered in to see where all the purdy music was coming from and also became hooked. He said she commented that "That man sure looks like he loves that woman.". Hee. Even the elderly see it.

Also, I was tinkering with one of my vids yesterday and realized that in TRW
    Spoiler:
    in the scene when John appears in the hallway and tells Elizabeth to run. He says 'Lizabeth. That may be the first 'Lizabeth sighting of the season.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
      Here you go smushy Shep/Weir. It's an AU though Wildwest
      http://community.livejournal.com/wil...ntis/4718.html

Umm more fluff
      http://community.livejournal.com/joh...th/631119.html
      Thanks for the recommendation!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

I just wanted to post a quick drive-by stating that I finally got to meet Torri at Dragon*Con this past weekend. What a sweetie. I think she might have just replaced Angelina Jolie as my straight girl crush.

And she looks about ten years younger than Weir. We should really write in to the make-up and costuming. Good gah, that woman is so vibrant in person. I want Weir to be like that. I didn't ask her anything (we just walked up to the table, but didn't get anything signed so we felt kinda stoopid for just talking and not spending money), but we did chat for a minute about both being in SoCal.
        I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          Delurking to say that I'm glad you started that thread. I couldn't bring myself to post on the Anti thread, because it felt disloyal to SG1. I could post my support on your thread without feeling disloyal. I know that Sheppard and Weir would probably be safe, but I'm worried about all the others. Besides, what if they tried to ship Weir with Daniel? That would not be good for the Sparkys.

I love both shows and all their characters. I don't want to lose any of them. This really stinks.
          Don't worry about Daniel.. they're smart enough to know that they'd have a lynch mob of epic proportions out to get them if Daniel ever ended up with anyone but Vala.

(Go go plug: http://forums.mindvenom.com )

Comment

lol! Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I really got a kick out of it.

From Torri Higginson's imdb biography page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383533/bio

Personal Quotes:
            I did my first convention this weekend and found this adorable group of girls - I think they call themselves 'shippers' - who have this thing about Weir and Sheppard and them having sex in closets...It's very weird!

--
            http://forums.mindvenom.com

Comment

Originally posted by firedust22
              Picspam:

Spoiler:

John: I Do

Elizabeth: *I can't believe that I let him talk me into getting married in our uniforms!!*
              (to John) Damn straight you do!

just to be safe...
              Now that wasn't very romantic of John...

Comment

Originally posted by k1037
                Don't worry about Daniel.. they're smart enough to know that they'd have a lynch mob of epic proportions out to get them if Daniel ever ended up with anyone but Vala.

(Go go plug: http://forums.mindvenom.com )
                And I think that if he DID end up with Vala, they'd have a lynch mob.

But that's another discussion for another thread.

I'm really looking forward to this weeks episode. It should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                  And I think that if he DID end up with Vala, they'd have a lynch mob.

But that's another discussion for another thread.

I'm really looking forward to this weeks episode. It should be a good one.

Hahaha. So either way, they'll have a lynch mob? Fun. Personally I am pro-D/V 'ship, but I'm also a Sam/Vala 'shipper, so who am I kidding.

As for the Weir hatred thread, I refuse to go in there. I went in once to put my $0.02 in that not everybody does hate her, and after that I've stayed the hell out. Even its existence makes me get irrational with fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                    As for the Weir hatred thread, I refuse to go in there. I went in once to put my $0.02 in that not everybody does hate her, and after that I've stayed the hell out. Even its existence makes me get irrational with fury.
                    *sporks FP for spoiling my day with the Weir hatred thread* I had to go in there.
                    Why am I so curious? What I got out of it however was that everyone should be encouraged to report the questionable posts. Even if you aren't sure, just getting the mods to take a look at the posts of certain people will help. Don't worry about getting a rep for being a tattletale. The mods have no way of knowing that something offends you unless you say so, and yes you do have a right to be offended. Sometimes I think that because we are so reluctant to criticize certain characters that might threaten our ship works against us. A few posters have what almost seems like an organized effort afoot to get rid of Weir. The fact that they show up at roughly the same time one after the other, quote each other and agree with a few minor changes is highly suspicious to me and not something that will go away by ignoring it. They can only be overwhelmed by opposing opinions from the majority. It worries me that TPTB don't see the whole picture. But it will help to keep the Sparky thread growing at an astronomical rate.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037
                      lol! Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I really got a kick out of it.

From Torri Higginson's imdb biography page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383533/bio

Personal Quotes:
                      I did my first convention this weekend and found this adorable group of girls - I think they call themselves 'shippers' - who have this thing about Weir and Sheppard and them having sex in closets...It's very weird!

--
                      http://forums.mindvenom.com
                      I saw that a long time ago. I have to say I agree with her. I wonder what she thought though in regards to the pairing in general, disregarding the people who take it to a very physical level. Not that it matters much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth
                        I saw that a long time ago. I have to say I agree with her. I wonder what she thought though in regards to the pairing in general, disregarding the people who take it to a very physical level. Not that it matters much.
                        Lol... well, some of us do have the closet thing. *blushes* Wannatee says I just have a locked-door fetish, maybe she's right

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth
                          At that convention she took a Sheppard/Weir button from those girls and wore it on stage later. That was one of her first (if not the first) conventions, and if I'm remembering correctly from my friends who were there, she thought the pairing idea was a cute one.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I think it's cute too, and oh so perfect....obviously or I wouldn't post here.

Comment

Hi there,
                              I dont know whether this has been discussed before but do you get the sense that
                              Spoiler:
                              initially TPTB were setting Teyla and Shep up to be a romantic couple and half way through the seasons realised that Shep and Weir would be a much better pairing?? There seems to be a significant shift...........

John and Elizabeth....made for each other *G*

Comment

Hi, everyone

Just dropping by to add a drive-by post since RL requires me elsewhere a *lot* lately.

Just wanted to remind you all to go vote in the Stargate Fan Awards! Time is running out to vote for all your favorite stories, videos and art! Deadline is September 24th!

Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X