No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I squeed at TRW spoilers, people I'm easy.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
      I squeed at TRW spoilers, people I'm easy.
      I think it's a relief, given the other things we've been hearing about Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
        I don't know who Karl Urban is, but I just saw the new Superman, and man is he a cutie pie. There was also a moment in there that reminded me of the look in Siege 2. Proving once again that we aren't imagining things. Longing last looks are a given in movies when couples think they aren't ever going to see each other again. And as for Real World
        Spoiler:
        I also thought it was interesting that they single out John for the "emotional support" comment. It sounds like this will be his major role in the ep. This should open his eyes in a lot of ways. Especially after seeing her reaction to the addictive guy in Irresistible. It may be John's year to finally get his head on straight.

Every time someone says Karl Urban, I automatically think Keith! Ugh!

And I agree with your comment about TRW.

Comment

Hi all
          Ok its been a long long time since I posted in this thread (or any other for that matter!) but the lure to come back in its getting too strong!. To be honest, you guys are so good at expressing ideas and views that I dont feel I can contribute anything more meaningful too often!
          Having said that on TRW I just wanted to add
          Spoiler:
          I'm really interested to see the interaction between all the characters in this one as they keep a vigil. Of course the "emotional support" from John has me really excited but in particular I think it could be interesting the role Beckett may play between John and Elizabeth. Aside from John, Beckett is probably the one that knows her best. He knows that she has struggled emotionally, couldnt sleep etc. I wonder if he might be astute enough to pick up on their relationship being something a little deeper than just friendship, maybe even make a comment or two? It will also be interesting to see whether they have any other characters make observations.
          It also intrigues me as others have mentioned, just how they, and John in particular, will react to the role reversal. Up to now its always been Liz giving the support and acting as a fulcrum and I think that it might be a shock to them to have that potentially taken away. Maybe John will realise that there is more to their relationship than he's admitted to himself up til now!

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Just thought I'd pop in.
          Hope to try and come back more regularly now if you'll have me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
            Hi all
            Ok its been a long long time since I posted in this thread (or any other for that matter!) but the lure to come back in its getting too strong!. To be honest, you guys are so good at expressing ideas and views that I dont feel I can contribute anything more meaningful too often!
            Having said that on TRW I just wanted to add
            Spoiler:
            I'm really interested to see the interaction between all the characters in this one as they keep a vigil. Of course the "emotional support" from John has me really excited but in particular I think it could be interesting the role Beckett may play between John and Elizabeth. Aside from John, Beckett is probably the one that knows her best. He knows that she has struggled emotionally, couldnt sleep etc. I wonder if he might be astute enough to pick up on their relationship being something a little deeper than just friendship, maybe even make a comment or two? It will also be interesting to see whether they have any other characters make observations.
            It also intrigues me as others have mentioned, just how they, and John in particular, will react to the role reversal. Up to now its always been Liz giving the support and acting as a fulcrum and I think that it might be a shock to them to have that potentially taken away. Maybe John will realise that there is more to their relationship than he's admitted to himself up til now!

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Just thought I'd pop in.
            Hope to try and come back more regularly now if you'll have me!!
            You make lots of sense. I'm hoping we get all the things you've mentioned in your post... and then more! A nice little closer between the two would be good. On the balcony, perhaps!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              You make lots of sense. I'm hoping we get all the things you've mentioned in your post... and then more! A nice little closer between the two would be good. On the balcony, perhaps!
              How much do you expect them to fit into one episode?
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                How much do you expect them to fit into one episode?

Hmmm. An entire Shep/Weir episode would be good. They did it with Den and Ang on Eastenders (I am just kidding here, by the way!)

I want balcony!!!

Comment

And while we're waiting for balcony, I amused myself by doing this. *Okay, I'm home alone and bored already.* The pic quality was really bad, so it had to be b/w. But I can't think of a PG caption.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                    Every time someone says Karl Urban, I automatically think Keith! Ugh!

And I agree with your comment about TRW.
                    No, no. . THIS Karl Urban. You know - next time Shep goes on one of those suicide missions, Karl can step in when he doesn't return. *LOL*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3..._urban_982.jpg

As for "Sunday" - no one should fret over it. It will be far from what you think it is. Yeah, Rachel said,
                    Spoiler:
                    she tells someone about her attraction, but remember, BamBam said his Athosian character (who Teyla sparred with awhile back) would be back this year. Who knows - Shep is with Ronon (we know that), Teyla could be with BB in the gym, and that is where the explosion takes place. Heck, he is dying and she tells him she cares for him. That's how I would write it anyway - soapy as it is. What Rachel says comes true, and the writers hit the reset button for the next week.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Who could, with THAT!?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        No, no. . THIS Karl Urban. You know - next time Shep goes on one of those suicide missions, Karl can step in when he doesn't return. *LOL*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3..._urban_982.jpg

As for "Sunday" - no one should fret over it. It will be far from what you think it is. Yeah, Rachel said,
                        Spoiler:
                        she tells someone about her attraction, but remember, BamBam said his Athosian character (who Teyla sparred with awhile back) would be back this year. Who knows - Shep is with Ronon (we know that), Teyla could be with BB in the gym, and that is where the explosion takes place. Heck, he is dying and she tells him she cares for him. That's how I would write it anyway - soapy as it is. What Rachel says comes true, and the writers hit the reset button for the next week.
                        Well, he's much better than Keith, that's for sure!

As for your comments about Sunday -- I never looked at it like that
                        Spoiler:
                        the fact that Shep's with Ronon is a very good thing. I'm just hoping it's not Teyla who's injured, so we avoid any deathbed confessions to people which will be annoying as hell when she survives. Who knows. Please let it be someone else injured!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                          And then what? And I mean that as a serious question (not just for you btw).

Let's just, for a minute, assume that either John or Elizabeth got paired of with a recurring character. What do you think would happen then? Taking into consideration that everything on the show happens for a reason,ask yourself why the writers would choose to take a step like that and what possible significance such a character could have for the show.

<snip>
                          To humanise the character.

I believe that is what Simon was brought in for, to soften Weir's character up a bit. They could have kept his character on (in a secondary role) and had great opportunities to explore storylines with Carson, Elizabeth and John (in his military POV, not jealous!Shep because, ugh!) involving angst, comfort, conflict...etc. However, they already had four new recurring characters that season, and GS is too connected with Narim so it wouldn't have worked out.

I really don't see why the introduction of a new characters must spell love triangles and Sekrit Bad Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                            To humanise the character.

I believe that is what Simon was brought in for, to soften Weir's character up a bit. They could have kept his character on (in a secondary role) and had great opportunities to explore storylines with Carson, Elizabeth and John (in his military POV, not jealous!Shep because, ugh!) involving angst, comfort, conflict...etc. However, they already had four new recurring characters that season, and GS is too connected with Narim so it wouldn't have worked out.

I really don't see why the introduction of a new characters must spell love triangles and Sekrit Bad Guys.
                            No jealousy please, that's why i could never get into that soap that is BSG, the whole crap with everyone sleeping with everyone but who they really want to sleep with is such a turn off.
                            But a third party can be good, sometimes we get to see a new aspect of a character by seeing them interact with someone new, look at Teyla and Ronon.
                            I know for some people
                            Spoiler:
                            this new guy in Sunday seems like something of a threat, but while it has been specified that he could stay, it's not like he and Elizabeth are going to get married.

I have a question for someone who went to the con where RL said that 'thing'
                            Spoiler:
                            I read on a report that she'd said that the person she confesed to have taken a liking to is neither Ronon nor Sheppard. Is this true?.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              And since my initial post appears to have started an argument, I take it all back. I'm sure S3 will be lovely with many Sparky moments, and John will continue to be heroic.
                              No, no ,no! (Sorry, I've always wanted to use this icon *grins*) But seriously, you shouldn't take it back. I was actually going to say that I completely agree with you because I really do. Why is it, that you can't voice any opinion that's different from certain other people's opinions without getting into an argument? All we did was voicing legitimite concerns over trends we see going on in SGA and over where this might lead us in terms of the show and Sparky. I don't see anything wrong with that and if what you wrote in your earlier post is what you think, than think it. You are entitled to your opinion.

Besides, we didn't say that S3 is going to be crap. I'd never say that about something I haven't even seen yet. Infact, I posted just a couple days ago how excited I am about 'The Pegasus Project' and these new Spoilers for 'The Real World' sound so awesome.

Spoiler:
                              John being by Elizabeth's side giving her emotional support while she is fighting this battle has me all excited. I wanted something like this to happen sooooo much and now I get it. That just makes me happy. Also, it might not end up being as significant as I hope it's gonna be but the fact that they singled out John's name (apart from Carson's ) in all of this is absolutely squee worthy. At least for now...

I'm so excited now. Can't wait for S3 to begin!!!
                              SIG BY THE EVIL PUPPY

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                                No jealousy please, that's why i could never get into that soap that is BSG, the whole crap with everyone sleeping with everyone but who they really want to sleep with is such a turn off.
                                But a third party can be good, sometimes we get to see a new aspect of a character by seeing them interact with someone new, look at Teyla and Ronon.
                                I know for some people
                                Spoiler:
                                this new guy in Sunday seems like something of a threat, but while it has been specified that he could stay, it's not like he and Elizabeth are going to get married.

I have a question for someone who went to the con where RL said that 'thing'
                                Spoiler:
                                I read on a report that she'd said that the person she confesed to have taken a liking to is neither Ronon nor Sheppard. Is this true?.
                                Spoiler:
                                IMO, the new boytoy boyfriend is being brought in to show that Elizabeth is yes, indeed a feminine, sexual creature with feminine sexual needs. It's all about developing her as a 'whole' person in Atlantis and to show her and the audience that she didn't leave her sex drive behind on earth with Sedge. (don't interpret that the wrong way)

There's a big difference in 'emotional' and 'sexual' and we've seen who Elizabeth invests herself in emotionally-John. And we've seen who he turns to the few times he lets emotions get in the way-Elizabeth. Yet, they're not to the point of admitting 'sexual' yearning can exist between them yet so we'll continue to get emotional growth between the two of them while the writers remind us as a sidebar that physically neither of them are ready to go the way of monks. What's wonderful is that without fail-human beings emotional investments always lead them to the total truth. Their emotional yearning will naturally lead them to sexual yearning in time and the op will present itself where they can't resist that truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X