X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    Actually, that's what I'm afraid of seeing. [Sunday]
    Spoiler:
    I'd much rather see her seeing everbody else dealing with the situation when she got there, showing her that...not that she isn't as important to the city as she thinks, just that it wont fall apart if her attention wanders. Afterall, I'm sure there was nothing she could have done to prevent the bomb detonating, no matter where she was.

I don't want to see her thinking it's reason for her to isolate herself further.
    Agreed, I wouldn't necessarily like it, but
    Spoiler:
    it might be the catalyst for John to try to show her otherwise. Sort of go full-out try to change her mind. Or something. Gah, I'm tired, not making much sense am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
      Agreed, I wouldn't necessarily like it, but
      Spoiler:
      it might be the catalyst for John to try to show her otherwise. Sort of go full-out try to change her mind. Or something. Gah, I'm tired, not making much sense am I?
      You make sense to me, and while I agree it could be an interesting avenue to go down, I'd prefer if they didn't have to go back to that when they have the oppurtunity to solve that now. She's already set as a lone figure and I don't see the point in addressing that, then re-addressing it at a later date.

I feel that would only detract from the overall show, and while it could very well be good for our ship, I'll take a decent show over a ship anyday

Comment

Does anyone get Stargate magazine?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=357

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Yes, and I'm spoiler-free for this coming issue, which should be dropping through my mailbox sometime next week. I can wait a couple days.

Comment

Actually, that's what I'm afraid of seeing. [Sunday]
            Spoiler:
            I'd much rather see her seeing everbody else dealing with the situation when she got there, showing her that...not that she isn't as important to the city as she thinks, just that it wont fall apart if her attention wanders. Afterall, I'm sure there was nothing she could have done to prevent the bomb detonating, no matter where she was.

I don't want to see her thinking it's reason for her to isolate herself further.

yeah ITA with u there sally.. it would be good to see everybody there have everything convered so shes doesnt have to do anything...

Spoiler:
            and go back to her "not-a-date"
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              W00t!! Is it out on newsstands yet?
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

*sneaks in* I just have to give my two cents to 'Sunday'.

Spoiler:
                I took my time to think about the spoilers, maybe sleep over it would be better. So I will make it short. All in all I think it will turn out to be rather pro-Sparky or at least I’m not worried about Sparky. Actually I thought it wouldn't bother me so much, if Liz gets a cute guy, but uhm yeah, it bothers me, quite a lot unfortunately. I wish it wouldn’t.

For John, I actually don’t see him to be jealous, maybe a tiny bit, but he wouldn't show it. I rather picture him to be supportive, I would love to see an ending like in ‘Coup D’Etat’ or something along the line like in ‘Critical Mass’.

And I have to agree with Mel completely. I think Liz doesn’t see John under her command, they’re equal as leaders as they’re in their friendship.

Hehe, and I find her ‘protocol’ (nobody under my command) rather amusing, what the heck, does Lizzie really want to be paired up with Hermiod or has she plans for a cloister?! *wink*

Oh yeah, I wanted to let you now that the Sparky contract will be hopefully completed in two weeks, because I’m going to the LFCC, I’m really curious what Torri says.
                For all the newbies, welcome and:
                Sparky shirt front
                Sparky shirt back
                Signed by Joe
                sigpic

Comment

Heee!!! Your sparky contract makes me smile. We are evil shippers. lol.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic

As to the spoilers for Sunday, I agree with Melyanna don't count the chickens until the eggs hatch!
                    Sunday
                    Spoiler:
                    I didn't read anymore spoilers other than what you all have implied here but I did read the little bit in white on the page about it and while I worry what we'll get I'm glad MG is getting to do the epi he discussed about the whole team in their off time. Now let's see how close it stays to that. MG's luckier than JF. He's a writer so it's less likely his story will be fudged with too much unlike Epiphany *wimper*

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                      I too say we should wait till we now more of the ep, or at least have more spoilers.
                      But ITA with you Ronnikins,
                      Spoiler:
                      it doesn't bother me neither if Elizabeth has an interest in another man. Like you said, she's a woman and well I think she also needs to prove to herself that she can still can seduce men sometimes. And if we get some Jealous!Shep thanks to that, I won't be complaining!

While it still bothers me
                      Spoiler:
                      for Lizzie to be interested in anyone but Shep, I think it bothers me less for her to do it than for Shep to. Not sure why, but there it is. However, depending on how this goes I could get seriously upset by it. But like eveyrone else, I'll try not to worry until after the epi airs.

AL

Comment

Normally I would stay away from XF references (or any other show ref) on this thread but I thought I'd comment on this as it is applicable to Sparky.

(cut to save space. No spoilers)
                        Spoiler:

Re:Diana Fowley
                        I didn't have the internet at the time I watched XF, nor did I know anything about fandom. I was heavily into XF, buying most the boxsets and whatever books I could find. I also wanted Mulder and Scully to get together, badly.
                        I've read various comments where the character of DF is frowned upon, but I never had a problem with her. I actually liked the character and thought it added a nice mix/twist to the M/S relationship. I might be in the minority of this opinion but I doubt it. I think most the viewers either liked or were indifferent to DF.

My point is that we are not the largest/main/most important audience. Shippers might be the more vocal group but we're still a minority, beaten greatly by people who watch the show for entertainment including a Stargate If those pople don't have a problem with a particular character, then TPTB have no reason to cut them from the show (unless there is a MAJOR uproar on the boards, and even then they don't have to change it.

Well, I was one of the few that loathed The Fowl One in XF but like in this SGA instance
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm a little more leanient for Weir to browse a bit before settling on Shep than I am for Shep to browse. I didn't like Scully with anyone else but I was a little more forgiving than I was when Mulder tried it. Hmm. There could be something to that given past experiencs.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                          My bad, all through dinner I was over-analysing "Sunday" to death in my head and this is what I have come up with (because it's officially the weekend here and I'm allowed to indulge).
                          Coupling this http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...antisiss.shtml with the spoiler thread we can extrapolate a few things
                          Spoiler:
                          a)Elizabeth is a workaholic since she works even on her day off. So fanfic has got it right.
                          b)John and the others must be doing their own things. I'm so used to fanfics where John comes and drag her away from her desk that I'm disappointed it didn't happen here and we got a stranger doing it instead.
                          c)This has to be the day-off episode Gero was mentioning before but they needed the bombing to spice up the script a bit.
                          d)In the official GW spoiler it states Weir has a personal policy of not dating anybody under her. So I guess that would include John.
                          e)This is episode 314 which is about 3/4 the way through S:3 (unless they change the order) so that means NO canon ship yet (but we were expecting that anyway).
                          f)Does the pier lunch thingie remind you of Sanctuary?
                          g)This is just personal, but I hope he's a real hottie. And that he really does care for her and the bombing was incidental and not related to his feelings towards her but it causes a rift in their relationship. There, just personal, that, and John gets really jealous, yes. (g) did not make sense but I don't care.......it's Friday pm, sue me......

Edit: Just finished reading your lovely fic HelenT...can't wait for Pt 2...R-rating, huh?

Hmmmm. Basted on these speculations I may have to wait until all y'all have seen it and commented before I'm brave enough to do so. I'm such a wimp.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            Or become a multi-shipper, they have the best fun of all.
                            Oh, if only. My life would certainly be a lot easier. Alas, it's but a fantasy. I don't believe things are impossible, just highly highly (HIGHLY) improbable. And me being a multishipper - especially for Sparky - is definitely the latter.

AL

Comment

Haven't read the Sunday spoilers yet so I will comment on that later. However, from reading your posts I will say one thing regarding it:
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth hasn't been with anyone (as far as we know) since Simon which would make the new boyfriend a rebound guy (though I'm questioning whether that would still count after such a long time period ). As hot as it would be, I think we want something more for Sparky than John being Elizabeth's blow-out.

Normally I would stay away from XF references (or any other show ref) on this thread but I thought I'd comment on this as it is applicable to Sparky.

(cut to save space. No spoilers)
                              Spoiler:

Re:Diana Fowley
                              I didn't have the internet at the time I watched XF, nor did I know anything about fandom. I was heavily into XF, buying most the boxsets and whatever books I could find. I also wanted Mulder and Scully to get together, badly.
                              I've read various comments where the character of DF is frowned upon, but I never had a problem with her. I actually liked the character and thought it added a nice mix/twist to the M/S relationship. I might be in the minority of this opinion but I doubt it. I think most the viewers either liked or were indifferent to DF.

My point is that we are not the largest/main/most important audience. Shippers might be the more vocal group but we're still a minority, beaten greatly by people who watch the show for entertainment including a Stargate If those pople don't have a problem with a particular character, then TPTB have no reason to cut them from the show (unless there is a MAJOR uproar on the boards, and even then they don't have to change it.

Regarding Kirking:
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree with MG that sleeping with four people over two (years?) seasons isn't kirking; not realistically. It seems like kirking because:

a) SGA isn't a show that deals with sexual relationships
                              b) The episodes he slept with these woman aren't the best plot wise
                              c) These episodes were placed close together.

This makes the relationship(s) stand out more.
                              ITA! (thanks for whom ever told me what that means. LOL)
                              When they put all the eps with John
                              Spoiler:
                              making goo-goo eyes at a girl close together, it seems like he does it all the time, but it really is not so. I feel for both Elizabeth and John. They are in leadership positions so they feel like they can't date anyone on Atlantis...but we really need to find a way for them to get over that so we can see our ship take flight. LOL

Have a good weekend everyone!
                              Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                                Hi there folks! Sheyla fan popping in, and I come in peace, lol. I just want to say, don't worry too much about the whole "Sunday" thing, because their is always still hope for ships. I mean...last year when Ronnon was introduced, I was so frustrated and nearly lost hope in my ship, yet some of the best shippy moments came a couple episodes later.

Plus.....there will probably be some very nice Shep Jealousy for you guys

Take care!
                                Right on. Even if people don't agree with my ships they can agree with the quote above my ships in my sig.

Thanks for stopping by and giving the pep talk. I know I need it every once in awhile. And I wish you lots of fun in your own ships.

AL

Comment

Working...
                                X