Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizlove
    Eum... sorry to intrude here but I may have a few new icons *my first Sparky ones*!!!
    Hope you like them

*runs off *
    I like your second and third the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
      Eum... sorry to intrude here but I may have a few new icons *my first Sparky ones*!!!
      Hope you like them

*runs off *
      Pretty icons!

@Luz: That struck me too.
      Spoiler:
      Not Atlantis, but the two of them. I think I was squeeing when I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin

And CSI...I thought it was the intended ship from the beginning.
        Indeed It was a nice scene in the finale, in typical CSI style....

Oh yes, Conversion - great episode

Comment

I noticed in Conversion
          Spoiler:
          that when he was pushing her up against the wall he didn't grab her throat. He just put his hand on her neck and used it to push her back. Then when she was against the wall that is when he grabed her throat. The way he did it was like he was trying to show how dangerous he is at that state. Then when he notice she was not going to change her mind. Then he tried to take action into his own hands.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Can we please quit with the CSI spoilers? Some of us won't see the finale for another year (I'm not doing the d word with this show).

There needs to be more Sparky for MMOM...

Edit:
            Conversion... hmm.
            Spoiler:
            I guess I both loved and disliked this episode. The scene with Teyla really bothered me as I'm haptephobic and that was nothing short of an assault. Elizabeth hurting like hell all the way through the episode came across beautifully but was also very painful to watch. Shippy vein all through this ep, for sure, especially with the fact that she's the only person we saw daring to go into his room during his transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
              The scene between Weir and Caldwell is one of my favourites in Conversion,
              Spoiler:
              not only bc of him seeing enough in his limited time around them to ask that question, but more so bc of the way in which she replies. Then there's her response to his "If you need someone to talk to...", with her basically cutting him off. Note: they should have much to talk about regarding Sheppard's condition from a planning POV but this was asked directly after they'd established she and John were close. A few reasons that stand out to me as why she cut him off were bc she didn't trust him to not using that knowledge to his advantage, and bc she just wasn't ready/didn't want to talk about it with anyone.
              I remember that scene.
              Spoiler:
              A very pointed look to Caldwell as she walked off too. She didn't want him thinking that now he held John's duties, he could have John's level of friendship too. She made it clear to him that it was strictly professional, just by cutting him off there... that she was pulling the strings. In her head, I don't think she was ready to accept that he would be taking over for a longer period and just as you said, she wasn't ready to talk about it to him.

Funny you should mention Trinity. I was reading notes from the season 2 commentary (found here) and came across this bit of trivia:

Spoiler:
              Joe Flanigan didn’t like the argument in Weir’s office where Sheppard sided with Caldwell instead of with Weir like he usually does. Martin explained that Sheppard had to side with Caldwell because McKay had entrusted him (Sheppard) with the job of persuading Weir to let them go back.
              I like that.
              Spoiler:
              It's nice to see JF actually supporting and acknowledging their friendship and being able to recognise that. And that Sheppard wasn't comfotable siding with Caldwell and pushing Liz into making a decision. Almost like he felt he was abusing their friendship, like Rodney was.

Another amusing (to me anyway ) piece of trivia for Conversion from the commentaries is:

Spoiler:
              Martin says that it’s basically his job not to spend more money on the episodes than he has to, and they were about to spend thousands of dollars on the bug-in-cave sequence, so he had Sheppard getting angry and sweeping stuff off Weir’s desk. He continues, “Everyone was like, ‘That’s so lame!’ and Rob was like, ‘Just break the window!’ and I was like, ‘Alright, Executive Producer Cooper, we’ll break the window!’”

Given how BugShep acted all on animal instincts earlier, anyone else see sweeping the desk followed by desk!sex?
              *Blinks*

hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Heheheh. For as much as I was reassuring everyone here that there were no indicators that the... event was leading anywhere, I was incredibly nervous about it. Then a scheduling fluke meant I wasn't home to see it, which was kind of a relief. I got Athena's reaction to the episode before actually watching it.
                It's strange how hearing it from someone else actually softens the blow. *lol*

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Spoiler:

Then there's "It's better for both of us." I can't help but think that this line is supposed to parallel Elizabeth's admission to Caldwell that she and John are close. Only this time it's John telling Elizabeth herself that he recognizes how important they are to each other. I think he's a lot less clueless about such things than some would believe.
                That line was incredibly personal wasn't it?
                Spoiler:
                He was trying to appeal to their friendship for her to do the 'right thing' because he knew it would get a reaction from her. And she did react to it. She might not have done what he wanted but we saw what he said reflect on her face, we saw how much it affected her to not do anything. I think your right in the fact that he's a lot more aware of things than what people give him credit for. He just doesn't like to show it, especially not with Caldwell around. He doesn't need to make it verbal. He and Elizabeth know it and that's all that matters.
                Last edited by Major_Moomin; 19 May 2006, 11:28 AM.
                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                  Indeed It was a nice scene in the finale, in typical CSI style....
                  On CSI, i'm definitely not a fan of that show, and i don't like Grissom, but i'm an extremely (as in ridiculously) curious person which is why i feel compelled to ask.

Spoiler:
                  Who did he get paired up with?, i remember seeing one episode where he was thinking about sending a gift to the dark haired woman (who bore a resemblance to Reyes from TXF), and he was taking advice from the blonde detective/doctor/whatever. My guess is he got together with the dark haired one, 'cause it seemed kind of obvious.

Originally posted by Trialia
                  Spoiler:
                  I guess I both loved and disliked this episode. The scene with Teyla really bothered me as I'm haptephobic and that was nothing short of an assault. Elizabeth hurting like hell all the way through the episode came across beautifully but was also very painful to watch. Shippy vein all through this ep, for sure, especially with the fact that she's the only person we saw daring to go into his room during his transformation.
                  I'm not even going to touch the
                  Spoiler:
                  Near sexual assault. Poor Lizzie, all through the episode i felt she really needed a hug, i love Weir!Angst, but i felt so guilty for enjoying it.
                  And yeah, the sparky was pretty blatant, with the hinst at Weir and Sheppard being so close, and the "both of us" bit, and i can't seem to get past that, 'cause see Sparky is "us" *grinning like an idiot*. Reminds me of something Ms. Pooh said on one of her recaps: "Their love is so not subtextual anymore" .
                  Last edited by Luz; 19 May 2006, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    On CSI, i'm definitely not a fan of that show, and i don't like Grissom, but i'm an extremely (as in ridiculously) curious person which is why i feel compelled to ask.

Spoiler:
                    My guess is he got together with the dark haired one, 'cause it seemed kind of obvious.
                    Spoiler:
                    And your guess would be correct

Conversion
                    As it was mentioned earlier, I liked how this episode showed that no matter how much they care and are important to each other, Atlantis comes first in the end.

Comment

Another amusing (to me anyway ) piece of trivia for Conversion from the commentaries is:

Spoiler:
                      Martin says that it’s basically his job not to spend more money on the episodes than he has to, and they were about to spend thousands of dollars on the bug-in-cave sequence, so he had Sheppard getting angry and sweeping stuff off Weir’s desk. He continues, “Everyone was like, ‘That’s so lame!’ and Rob was like, ‘Just break the window!’ and I was like, ‘Alright, Executive Producer Cooper, we’ll break the window!’”

And heh, the number of times that scene has been used in music videos

Comment

short sparky ficlet

but hot!

Sences
                        Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Comment

Bedhair anyone? .

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                              I remember that scene.
                              Spoiler:
                              A very pointed look to Caldwell as she walked off too. She didn't want him thinking that now he held John's duties, he could have John's level of friendship too. She made it clear to him that it was strictly professional, just by cutting him off there... that she was pulling the strings. In her head, I don't think she was ready to accept that he would be taking over for a longer period and just as you said, she wasn't ready to talk about it to him.
                              She definitely wasn't ready to accept
                              Spoiler:
                              Caldwell taking over as a permanent thing. When he tried to make some changes to improve how things ran, she told him off for it.

As for not wanting him to think he could have John's level of friendship... I seriously doubt she would have wanted him to know just how deep their feelings ran. The regulations may not technically apply, but Caldwell could still cause problems for them back at the SGC.

Comment

Elizabeth: John, how many times do I have to tell you; at least try to make yourself more presentable
                                afterwards. Remember, Steven has been keeping an annoyingly close eye on us lately.
                                John: (pouts) Well, you don't have to call him by his first name.

Comment

Working...
                                X