Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
    Sparky pics anyone?

That second one reminds me of the icon I used to have as my default at LJ (and I saw someone else with a similar one, too):

Coup d'État was such a great partnership episode for them, but I'll save those thoughts till we get there. We have a bunch of episodes yet to go.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      That second one reminds me of the icon I used to have as my default at LJ (and I saw someone else with a similar one, too):

Coup d'État was such a great partnership episode for them, but I'll save those thoughts till we get there. We have a bunch of episodes yet to go.
      Cute icon!
      It was. And even though we have a long way to go, it shows that when we get there things will work out great!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

*OMG!* I made a sig to use on Omega, just like that, but then decided to use the grounded one. It's just that they really do look like parents chastising a misbehaving child on that picture.

Comment

Haha! faces fit. Those TPTB better be careful with that chemistry. not! We see sparky everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
            *sniff, sniff* Is that the smell of fanfic in the air?

No, wait, you have to finish Season 2: VSAJ first. How's that coming along? Not pushing or anything.........
            Er... I'm working on it I swear! See?! *opens up Word and starts typing*

As for demoting and getting rid of characters, wouldn't the same go for a lot of characters in SG-1? They sure aren't perfect. They've made numerous mistakes over the last 9 years. In fact, like in "Home" there was a mention that "damage was already done" when the first SG team went through the gate in the movie and encountered the Goa'uld.

If everyone was perfect and NEVER made a mistake and ALWAYS wins the show would be boring. Because as much as shows are fictional realities. They are in a sense a place where it mirrors reality and if you can relate to a character you care for them more and you want the story to go on.

So far that is why I keep watching Atlantis because I want to know more about John and Elizabeth as indiviudal characters and I want to see how they deal with extraordinary circumstances.

And I'm done rambling for the day.
            ~Athena

Comment

Just a quick shameless plug: Chapter 3 of Heir Apparent has been posted.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

hehehe! well done guys.. its been a while!.. but im back
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Just a quick shameless plug: Chapter 3 of Heir Apparent has been posted.
                  *perks up*

ooh! Right, I'm off to read. Then I'll pop over to your LJ and I'll leave you feedback.
                  hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

GAH!, Tonight it's GUP, i only watched that episode once, before it was misteriously erased from my computer (somehow i know my brother's friends were involved on this).
                    I don't remember much about this episode, i know i liked it the first time i saw it.
                    Spoiler:
                    It was mostly Rodney right?.

I don't know if you've read the MG interview on GW, but it has me a little worried.
                    Season three spoilers here
                    Spoiler:
                    Not because of Sparky, 'cause let's face it, sparky is a sure thing. However, MG seems to be focused on Rodney, and i love Rods but (no, not that "i love this character, but i'd love to see them drop dead, but" lol) i hope they dedicate as much time to other characters as they dedicate to Rodney. And i know this is not the place to rant about this but i don't for meeting Rodney's sister.
                    So far we know Kolya is back, we have at least one Lizzie episode, i'm pretty sure we'll get Sheppard angst, maybe even see him flipping out, 'cause honestly the last time someone threatened Lizzie's life sixty men died .
                    I'm just a little worried at the prospect of Rodney getting all the attention from the writers since they do seem to love him.
                    But since this is the sparky thread, i'm pretty sure no matter what Sparky will only get strongger during season three, just try and stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                      They have said that, haven't they? I agree. I don't want to see John as having previously been married. For some reason, he struck me as a person who had long term relationship commitment issues . Maybe his stint on SGA will change his mind. (cough*Sparky*cough)
                      I kinda don't like the "long-term commitment issues idea. That almost seems like stereotypical flyboy behaviour, and while some of that is what we like about John, the "girl in every port" notion is too similar to kirking imho.

I prefer the idea that whatever relationships he had in the past just broke down the way relationships do. Maybe a particularly devastating break-up when he was younger that scarred him for life (without the tragic aspect that Jack's past had)

It just struck me that the first part of my post doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Maybe I'm just tired.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                        Why not? Pushing for fic is FUN!

*pokes Athena*

*pokes everyone else for good measure*
                        Ow! Don't poke! I haven't got time to write. Too much TAFE work to do!

Not that that's ever stopped me before.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          I don't know if you've read the MG interview on GW, but it has me a little worried.
                          Spoiler:
                          Not because of Sparky, 'cause let's face it, sparky is a sure thing. However, MG seems to be focused on Rodney, and i love Rods but (no, not that "i love this character, but i'd love to see them drop dead, but" lol) i hope they dedicate as much time to other characters as they dedicate to Rodney. And i know this is not the place to rant about this but i don't for meeting Rodney's sister.
                          So far we know Kolya is back, we have at least one Lizzie episode, i'm pretty sure we'll get Sheppard angst, maybe even see him flipping out, 'cause honestly the last time someone threatened Lizzie's life sixty men died .
                          I'm just a little worried at the prospect of Rodney getting all the attention from the writers since they do seem to love him.
                          But since this is the sparky thread, i'm pretty sure no matter what Sparky will only get strongger during season three, just try and stop them.
                          There has been some hot discussion going on about the Gero interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28683

Rodney is obviously his fav character, and it seems he sorta said, "if you like the episodes I write, great. . if you don't, tough." I didn't listen to the audio part, just read the written transcript and sometimes things you say come across differently when written. However, lots of GW fans are a bit ticked with him right now regarding his attitude towards fans.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            GAH!, Tonight it's GUP, i only watched that episode once, before it was misteriously erased from my computer (somehow i know my brother's friends were involved on this).
                            I don't remember much about this episode, i know i liked it the first time i saw it.
                            Spoiler:
                            It was mostly Rodney right?.

Spoiler:
                            Yeah GUP is mostly about
                            Spoiler:
                            Rodney.

It's funny because I was making a list of all the Season 2 episodes and "Grace Under Pressure" was the one that slipped my mind. You'd think I'd forget about "Epiphony" or "Tower of Torture." but instead I forget GUP.

I was listening to some of the Season 1 DVD commentaries and I remember Gero talking about how much he LOVED writing McKay. McKay is an interesting character but I think we've been getting an overdose on him lately.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              John and Liz BOTH need their hands slapped for some of their actions in season 2, but some fans are really getting into very harsh punishments. Sheesh, if you didn't have conflict and mistakes in judgement it would sure be a boring show.
                              I think I've said about 20 zillion times that IMO most of the problems came from sloppy writing and were done to further plots at the expense of characterisation..

Perhaps it isn't fair to say in a sweeping manner that it's the Sheylas that want Weir court martialled, (apologies for not spelling correctly and for saying this in the reply to your post FP because you didn't say it). I'm always very wary of generalisations like this, they aren't fair and they are incorrect, there are plently of Sheylas who are fans of Weir. And I also have to say it, there is plently of things for sparky shippers to talk about without having to generalise or even mention the word Sheyla!

Comment

You know, I'd post in some of these other threads that are being discussed, but I think it might tax my fandom zen. Knowing me, I'd say something under the influence of antihistamines that I'll regret later.

Also, let's be careful about statements about other fans who might disagree with us. I don't think anything's been said in here that was really out of line, but reminders can't hurt.

And just to lighten the mood...

Continues to be one of my favorites.
                                Antihistamines are reponsible for sooo much...

Comment

Working...
                                X