No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I always manage to miss the interesting discussions. So, I'm joining in rather late but here are my picks for best and worst episodes of S2. I have to mention though that I've only seen S2 until Epiphany, so I can only pick from these 12 eps for now.

Best eps this season: definitely The Siege Pt.3 (and no, not just because of the best Sparky scene ever )! I also loved Intruder because it had a lot of Sparky goodness and was just a fun episode. Since we discussed that one at length last week I won't go into any more detail here.

I'm still undecided on Conversion. I might have to watch that a couple more times.

Although it's not really Sparky I also want to mention Aurora as one of my favourite episodes this season because it encompassed a great range of emotions. Parts of it were incredibly funny but the ending almost had me in tears.

As for worst episodes: my 'winner' is Trinity. I just can't figure out what that episode was all about but maybe that's just me. Runner up to Trinity is Epiphany.

Seeing all your picks for favourite epsiodes I'm really excited now to see the second half of S2 but boy, you guys have me scared of The Tower now. That must truely be an extra evil piece of artwork.

Just one more thing:

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    TPTB don't realize how OLD that is getting and I'm not going to deal with it much longer. State what ya wanna do with the characters and go with it - no more "please everyone/string them along" garbage. Its really ruining the show.
    I know that I'm going quite a few pages back here but I really feel the need to agree with you here. Somehow, I don't think that it is possible to please everyone. Instead of a constant change of directions (if that is what we are going to get) I'd rather see TPTB making clear decisions in regards to the characters and sticking to them, even if they ended up abandoning Sparky. I think I'd be quite capable of enjoying the show without the ship (although I freely admit that I don't really want to atm ). What I can't live with is indecisiveness. *Thinks of JAG and runs screaming into the night*
    SIG BY THE EVIL PUPPY

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to give my favorite/least fav episodes also. My favorite has to be Conversion for all the reasons given above.
      Spoiler:
      It was just so Sparky in so many ways from her constant support of him no matter what to some of the lines like "It's better for the both of us." There seemed to be a subtext going on that related back to conversations we missed, like the comment about protocol. And the way Carson talked to Liz about John's medical condition. Not something you do unless the person is close. I mean real close. Just so shippy in so many ways. Also on the subject of the team not visiting him, I have to be fair and say maybe they were ordered to stay away for their own safety, but that doesn't explain why Teyla hadn't visited him in the whole 3 weeks after the crisis was over.

As far as the best episode, I think in sheer terms of well done in all ways, I'd pick Coup D'Etat. It just clicked on all levels. A wonderful team episode.

The least fave of course was The Tower. It was just bad. If it was a parody, and I believe it was, it was badly written but the acting was passable. If it was serious, it was bad in all ways it's possible to be bad. Paul Mullie's pen should be taken away and buried in an unmarked grave on a distant moon. I would advise those who haven't seen it not to be scared off, however. You should always judge for yourself. The moment when
      Spoiler:
      John gets goosed
      is worth the price of admission.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
        I know that I'm going quite a few pages back here but I really feel the need to agree with you here. Somehow, I don't think that it is possible to please everyone. Instead of a constant change of directions (if that is what we are going to get) I'd rather see TPTB making clear decisions in regards to the characters and sticking to them, even if they ended up abandoning Sparky. I think I'd be quite capable of enjoying the show without the ship (although I freely admit that I don't really want to atm ). What I can't live with is indecisiveness. *Thinks of JAG and runs screaming into the night*
        I think that's something TPTB haven't learnt, you can't have total shipping harmony. Too many ships use the same character for their ship for things to work out. Although we all get annoyed with them for screwing us all around, if they just stick with a little (or a lot) of UST, they might be able to keep some sort of balance. Even better would be for them to remember how many main characters they have and actually develop all of them, not just McKay.

I'd go and find a Sparly pic to make this a little more on topic, but I'm in a lesson so I can't skip off merrily as my teacher is a little too close by.
        AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
        My Fanfic LJ
        My stories on FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
          I have only seen up until The Hive, so...

Best episode: Conversion (for some reason I liked it more than Siege III, but SIII is a close second best, far from all the rest...)

Worst episode: Condemned (you guys are forgeting this little piece of crap !!!!)
          That's as far as I've seen too.

Agree with you on Converson.

Find it a little hard to agree on Condemned. I can't remember it! That says a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            It totally was because
            Spoiler:
            Teyla didn't visit John once throughout the whole thing! Sure, it was probably because he had assulted her and she was afraid of him in that state but what about after? It was obvious that their conversation in the gym was the first.
            Now Elizabeth stood by him through everything! That is real love! Through sickness and heath... *runs away* I know, I know, way too soon...
            I don't think she was afraid of him as such. She would have known something was up as soon as it happened, and she is a very strong woman, physically and emotionally.

Comment

I haven't got any fics of my own to post this week (for Atlantis, SG-1 on the other hand...) but here's one of Gwenhwyfar's that has been posted here before, but I just like posting the 'bookcovers' for my site

PS, Earllyn is the pen name that came on the stories. I decided not to change that.

Comment

I can't remember when I posted my updated for "Very Secret Atlantis Journals." I think the last time I posted it was for "Underground."

I've revised and updated "Home," "The Storm," "The Eye," and "The Defiant One." All still found in the same place.

http://community.livejournal.com/vsaj_online/

Enjoy.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                  I haven't got any fics of my own to post this week (for Atlantis, SG-1 on the other hand...) but here's one of Gwenhwyfar's that has been posted here before, but I just like posting the 'bookcovers' for my site

PS, Earllyn is the pen name that came on the stories. I decided not to change that.
                  Cool! I hadn't known you were going to do bookcovers like on your fics!
                  Thanks for not changing the penname. It is actually part of my original fiction penname, Kendra Earllyn.

I know
                  Spoiler:
                  Teyla is very strong but it obviously disturbed her. I always wondered why she didn't just kick his butt.
                  It would have been in-character anyway...
                  Maybe
                  Spoiler:
                  TPTB just wanted some way to keep her away from him, other than hunting for bug eggs. To make room for the Sparky scenes!

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Ok, favorite episode for season two: I don't have just one.....

siege 3
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved how intensly emotional those scenes of Shep and Weir were when they think they have lost eachother(over radio/they worried for all but, mostly for eachother) It was clear to see that they felt deeply for eachother and they got that across without overacting.

Conversion
                    Spoiler:
                    I honestly don't think anyone could have gotten through to John the way Elizabeth can in this episode. She didn't give up on him, even when others did,IMO. I think John was so worried for her saftey(the others too, but mostly for her). I think it really stood out, in this episode, that they connect to eachother in a way that is more meaningful.(not to say that they both don't care for others in the expidition, just not in the way they do for eachother)

the list goes on........

My least favorite episode: The tower......for very obvious reasons

Season one was the clincher for me......there were so many "sparky" moments, so many reasons why those two should be together(imo). The very begining....I wasn't to sure. As time went by I saw the obvious connection and I believe that they have a real chance to be together(and truly happy).

Happy Posting
                    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      The least fave of course was The Tower. It was just bad. If it was a parody, and I believe it was, it was badly written but the acting was passable. If it was serious, it was bad in all ways it's possible to be bad. Paul Mullie's pen should be taken away and buried in an unmarked grave on a distant moon. I would advise those who haven't seen it not to be scared off, however. You should always judge for yourself. The moment when
                      Spoiler:
                      John gets goosed
                      is worth the price of admission.
                      As much as I cringed when that scene was in the commercial for that ep. I couldn't help finding it amusing when I watched the ep.

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                      I know
                      Spoiler:
                      Teyla is very strong but it obviously disturbed her. I always wondered why she didn't just kick his butt.
                      Spoiler:
                      Kicking his butt wouldn't be very shippy now would it? Then again...
                      Last edited by SGLAB; 03 May 2006, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Some of the better episodes: Michael, Conversion, Duet, Allies, Coup d'Etat, TLG

Some of the.... really bad ones: The Tower, Condemned, Epiphany

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                          As for worst episodes: my 'winner' is Trinity. I just can't figure out what that episode was all about but maybe that's just me. Runner up to Trinity is Epiphany.
                          Trinity had an interesting concept, but it did fall rather flat. The two plots just didn't mesh well enough for my taste, despite the theme of trust running through both of them. And the fact that they never really made an effort to make the title make sense was also irritating. I don't mind when a title alludes to something, but the problem is that most people just don't know that Trinity was the code name of the first nuclear test. If they'd wanted to reference the American nuclear development project, they could have gone with something more recognizable like Manhattan.

I had the same problem with Epiphany, actually. The title made sense for Joe Flanigan's original idea, but not for the final product, because really, who cared that the villagers had a realization? We'd seen three of them for all of fifteen minutes.

Er, anyway...
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Favorite season 2 episodes, Conversion, Coup dEtat, worse?, i can't think of one episode i didn't like.

Shipwise i'd say the shippiest epsiode for me was Coup
                            Spoiler:
                            Lizzie threatening with war, and all the shep/Weir closeness, and eye-sex.

The Siege 3 was great too
                            Spoiler:
                            with the hug, which is to me the sweetest Sparky moment of the season

But i can only think of one or two episodes with no sparky, most of them had some sparky on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                              Favorite season 2 episodes, Conversion, Coup dEtat, worse?, i can't think of one episode i didn't like.

Shipwise i'd say the shippiest epsiode for me was Coup
                              Spoiler:
                              Lizzie threatening with war, and all the shep/Weir closeness, and eye-sex.

The Siege 3 was great too
                              Spoiler:
                              with the hug, which is to me the sweetest Sparky moment of the season

But i can only think of one or two episodes with no sparky, most of them had some sparky on them.
                              I've always thought Coup was shippier than TLG mainly because
                              Spoiler:
                              The Kiss was AI. It wasn't really thm.
                              The ending of Coup shouts ship. Their tone, the looks. There is no denying that there 'Is something there that wasn't there before'. or wasn't as obvious as before.

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Favorite s2 episodes would have to be Conversion and the Siege III, like mostly everyone else. So with that said, I don't think I can add anything to what all of you've said; y'all pretty much said it all, lol.

Least favorites would have to be The Tower (that's pretty much a given ain't it? ) and Epiphany overall. I mean, I didn't hate the episode completely; there were some scenes, but just a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X