Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ankareeda
    I found something interesting in the German magazine "Space View", the interviews were both very confusing written, but I hope I translated everything properly. Thanks for the help with 'attempts', xfkirsten! *lol* *huggles*

I'm not quite sure, when the interviews were taken, but I guess at the early beginning of the shooting of season 3.

Joe Flanigan

Space View: A lot of fans would like to see more personal interaction between the single members of the Atlantis crew. The fraction of Dr. Weir and Lt. Col. Sheppard- supporter is quite loud in the Internet. How do you respond to that?
    Joe: Well, a bit more private draft might be good for every character. Yes, I have heard that there are a lot of fans, who wish for a bit more closeness between Torris character and mine. But I don't know, what the writers think about it. There were attempts. In the last season Sheppards focus was more directed to Teyla. Let's see, what grows out of it. If it doesn't work, there is still Dr. Weir.

Space View: But backwards, too?
    Joe: Yes, well spotted. They have both a special chemistry. Funny sometimes. There doesn't rule harmony always. But that is even totally different with Sheppards boss, Dr. Weir Torris character.

Space View: What is different?
    Joe: Well, Dr. Weir has to keep the group together. On her bear the task, to demonstrate willpower and executive. The success of the mission depends a lot on her. Unfortunately there seems to fit no love story in the concept.

Torri Higginson

Space View: Well, there are lot of fans, who would like to see you and Lt. Col. Sheppard together?
    Torri: Hm, it was already told to me. I don't understand why! Yes, he looks good, actually very good. But hey, always these protests with Dr. Weir orders. And then this obvious flirting with Teyla ... Poor Lizzie, there would be a lot to do. Though, John Sheppard could really rough up her life. In contrast are the Wraith and her queen not a dreg.
    Thanks Ankareeda!

My first reaction to this was: for the German magazine for addressing Sparky so directly!!! I've never seen questions like that in any other magazine before. Anyone who has, please feel free to correct me.

Then I went to read the actual article (thanks again, Ankareeda) and boy, was that crappy German or what?! I'm almost embarrassed.
    @Ronnikins: in this particular case it may be for the best that you can't read German because whoever was responsible for this article wasn't good at reading (and writing) German either.

*Sorry! That was totally OT*

To make this more on topic: I decided a while ago to stop reading JF interviews until I learn not to take the man serious anymore. I just got all mad one too many times. As for TH, I sincerely hope that the 'And all the filriting with Teyla' comment was meant to be a joke because no matter how many times I watch each and every episode I just don't see it and I don't like to think that there's something wrong with me.

As many of you have said I too hope for a slow progression of the relationship between John and Elizabeth in S3 and for a decent amount of Sparky moments. I keep my fingers crossed that that's not too much to ask for.

Edit: Mind games, eh?! Yeah, that must be it...
    SIG BY THE EVIL PUPPY

Comment

Ya, well crap. Gotta de-lurk Can't stand it anymore!!

How much longer til July? Stupid spring. Translation of the interview cracked me up tho. Joe's in denial, even in German. Ya think he says stuff like that then runs to the board to see how big a tizzy we get into? Silly man. I for one am onto him. Erm...well you know, not literally.

Lurv you guys tho...whenever I've got the insomnia I come straightaway here and start at the beginning. (And seriously, that's a compliment. Really.)

jemblue

Comment

All that flirting with Teyla? Um, I must have fallen asleep in that episode. They think there is heavy flirting going on? Are they even watching the final product? I sure haven't seen any of it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Welcome jemimablue. Not easy to resist this place is it?

Luz, I too love your sig. Made giggle.

Ankareeda, thanks for those little bits from the article. I'm starting to think alternate realities do really exist.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            All that flirting with Teyla? Um, I must have fallen asleep in that episode. They think there is heavy flirting going on? Are they even watching the final product? I sure haven't seen any of it.
            No no, my dear FP!! Clearly you don't understand the fine art of subtext. They are flirting, Flirting telepathically its all the rage on other planets!!! B.c its so freaking Coy that no one else notices it. I mean, they were having like... brain sex during conferences for the past 6 episodes. I know its hard to notice but everytime they say 'the' something dirty happens.

I mean, it is sci-fi afterall. They need to use the newest flirting technology.

*goes back into oblivion*
            Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Wizengamot that made me crack up.
              Look his flirting with her too.

So much so that his giving Lizzie the puppy dog look.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Methinks that maybe they've been wacked to many times with them sparring sticks eh? They can't see the forest from the trees! It gotta be that or Martin Wood beats them ups too much!!!

Disinformation! Yay!

And FP, methinks that john like ultra-flirting with teyla must be with the ep filled of sexual tension with liz over caldwell

And oh yeah! thanks for the pics Andy! Torri and Sedge! so cute! XD!!!
                A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

John daydreams about Teyla during the morning briefing with Weir.

*runs and hides*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

*runs and hides*
                    * smacks self on head*

Silly, silly me!!! Here I was all time thinking he was admiring Elizabeth's attributes. Damn these stupid shipper glasses I've got on.

Gotta love the "puppy dog look" He does it so well.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/hz_082.jpg

*runs and hides*
                      Ha his totally not looking at her face.

*drags FP back. We need more funny*

sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

*runs and hides*
                        LOL! Daydreaming about Teyla's boobs more like ...since he's obviously staring at Lizzie's

Comment

*runs and hides*
                          It's either that, or judging from where his eyesight is going, he's daydreaming about lizzy's... ladylumps!

I'm not kidding! i mean follow the downwards slant of the eyesight! he ain't looking at her face!

Comment

*runs and hides*
                            *snorts* you can't hide from us!!!

I think I might have fallen asleep on that one as well!!
                            Last edited by Erised; 29 April 2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                              Ha his totally not looking at her face.

*drags FP back. We need more funny*

Tee hee!!! John's like totally thinking:

"OMG OMG!!! You're not my beloved Teyla! Why am I here! I must be with my love! Damn you and your... your... your evil hotness!!! I'm *SO* not into you"

Comment

Originally posted by wannatee_1984
                                It's either that, or judging from where his eyesight is going, he's daydreaming about lizzy's... ladylumps!

I'm not kidding! i mean follow the downwards slant of the eyesight! he ain't looking at her face!
                                That has only just been said, honey. And for what it's worth, I actually don't think he is staring at her chest in that shot. The one where he's sitting in front of her, though, definitely.

Seriously, I don't know what JF is thinking, 'cause he's obviously not watching the same finished product we are. Maybe they film a lot of Sheyla scenes and cut them?

Comment

Working...
                                X