Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopalong
    I'm forever getting songs from the Buffy musical stuck in my head!

Don't know how to bring this on topic, but will post new fic when I've caught up on posts
    The buffy musical ep rocked! I have some of those songs on my comp somewhere....

Also Mel, great to read another chap of your wonderful fic, but I'm afraid people are just going to start bugging you for chapter 4!

How many more chapters are you planning on?
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
      Here's my new story.

I wrote it based on a personal experience. Different from what I usually write.

Please be gentle.
      It's beautiful. It's not an easy subject to write on but you managed to write something really great.

Comment

Is it totally wrong that the tower came on last night and I taped it and just forwarded it to the very end without watching any of the rest of the episode? I just wanted to see the end scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh
          Is it totally wrong that the tower came on last night and I taped it and just forwarded it to the very end without watching any of the rest of the episode? I just wanted to see the end scene.
          Now, it's a perfectly normal reaction. I do that too, I just watch the end of the ep 'cos it's the best part.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
            Now, it's a perfectly normal reaction. I do that too, I just watch the end of the ep 'cos it's the best part.
            I still haven't see The Tower! But my surprise b-day party was much better than watching John Kirk anyway.

Since it is between seasons (and I want to see if I got this right) her are three song fics I just posted at my LJ. If you're interested here's the link.
            Sparky Songfics. The first one contains spoilers from Seige 3.

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Figured I couldn't be the only one, I was actually about to have the dvr stop recording it when I was looking through what was going to be recorded for the day but then I remembered that there was a balcony scene at the end so I let it record after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh
                No, not wrong at all. When I saw it was "The Tower" I walked out of the room. My dad kept watching because he hadn't seen it yet. And came back out just to watch the last scene, which is pretty much the only scene worth watching in that episode.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  No, not wrong at all. When I saw it was "The Tower" I walked out of the room. My dad kept watching because he hadn't seen it yet. And came back out just to watch the last scene, which is pretty much the only scene worth watching in that episode.
                  I was able to make it through the episode the first time, but if I saw it again, I'd definately fast forward to the end. I didn't hate the ep, but it's one I wouldn't watch again.

Btw, Athena, my friend was going through Atlantis withdrawal yesterday and needed a fanfic, and I looked through my favorites and sent her Very Secret Atlantis Journals. She would say "ROFL" every 2 minutes after that. So, thanks, you saved her (and me) from having a very bad day.
                  Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                  My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                    The buffy musical ep rocked! I have some of those songs on my comp somewhere....
                    Yeah, well, the thing is that Joss Whedon loves musicals. In the commentary of "Waiting in the Wings" on Angel, he talked about how what he really wanted to do with the episode was direct a fifties musical. But I can't really picture any of the SG PTB with a fondness for musical theatre.

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                    Also Mel, great to read another chap of your wonderful fic, but I'm afraid people are just going to start bugging you for chapter 4!

How many more chapters are you planning on?
                    Thanks! And it'll be one or two more chapters. I haven't quite decided if Afghanistan will be a section unto itself. I'm just hoping that the rest of the story won't be as difficult as Ramstein was to write. It was like pulling teeth.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      You've obviously never lived in Pennsylvania. Quakers are modern folks, but they are the most pacifistic people I can think of.
                      Oh I know they're still around, but old stereotypes die hard.

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                      Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                      Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                      Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

Well, here is my second fanfic. This one is sparky. It's another humorous fic. I don't know how I managed to do that. I didn't think I could do humor fics. It's also as you can see from the title a baby fic.

There's something up with ff.net. I looked at ff.net and couldn't find the story listed. I knew it had been because I had a review. I did a search and found it, but still can't find it without doing a search.

Baby Search
                        Last edited by SGLAB; 22 April 2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
                          Oh I know they're still around, but old stereotypes die hard.
                          Might... be careful about voicing those stereotypes.

Anyway... I rather like Weir's random tendency to make wild threats or bluffs, it always feels unexpected to me and oh how I love the look on John (and in New Order Daniel's) face when she does it.

Just like the look on Caldwell's face when she totally sidestepped them when they wanted to replace John as military commander.

Comment

And surely that's key to being a great negotiator; being able to continue to throw your opponent off balance so you can regain the upper hand. It keeps an air of mystery to you too, which is why it works well for Sparky, too.

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
                              I was able to make it through the episode the first time, but if I saw it again, I'd definately fast forward to the end. I didn't hate the ep, but it's one I wouldn't watch again.

Btw, Athena, my friend was going through Atlantis withdrawal yesterday and needed a fanfic, and I looked through my favorites and sent her Very Secret Atlantis Journals. She would say "ROFL" every 2 minutes after that. So, thanks, you saved her (and me) from having a very bad day.
                              Yeah, I watched the "Tower" more times than I would like for various reasons. And most likely have to watch it again. The things I do for fandom. lol *cringe*

Thanks! I'm glad my "Very Secret Journals" made your friend's day. I swear as soon as I finally find my brain again I'll get back to working on those and work on Season 2. =P
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                Might... be careful about voicing those stereotypes.

Anyway... I rather like Weir's random tendency to make wild threats or bluffs, it always feels unexpected to me and oh how I love the look on John (and in New Order Daniel's) face when she does it.

Just like the look on Caldwell's face when she totally sidestepped them when they wanted to replace John as military commander.
                                She really has a way with words! I liked how she kicked their rear ends right there! She can do it so easily and leave everyone stunned without panicking or yelling or anythihg So awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X