Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LurkerLa
    I'm glad you like it!

It's also on LJ if anyone prefers to read it there.

Also, there was an error in it the first time round, so it's been reloaded on ff.net - only a few words added, but since I managed to miss something rather important the first time round I thought I ought to change it...

This is such a fun story La. Keep up the good work.

OT. I just had to mention after Mel was talking about The King and I today I was flipping through the channels and happened find it on Turner Classic Movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
      For the awesome vid makers cause I suck at that...

Has anyone ever thought of making a vid with the opening theme music form Star Trek: Enterprise. It's a very beautiful music. Well, perhaps not good for shippy stuff, but a more general vid. Perhaps a Shep vid?

EDIT: Listening to it while writing this post... I've got faith into the heart...
      I love that song! Yes, somebody make a vid for it. I have not the skill nor the technical capabilities to do it, but it would make a great Atlantis vid.

*starts singing* It's been a long road...getting from there to here...

srry, you just happened to mention on of my top 5 favorite songs ever
      Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
      My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins

*pokes Mentalmichael instead* Next chapter please.

*pokes everyone else* Well you might get the chapter if you were nice enough to leave reviews on ff.net! I feel so lonely....

In other news, has everyone been reading Heart's Desire by AllykatD over at fanfiction? This is one of the funniest + fluffiest fics I've read in, ohh, months.
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Its, hilarious.
          Bunny.
          I imagine this would be his reaction

or

Oh look, he already looks at her like that. No need for the bunny outfit.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
            *pokes everyone else* Well you might get the chapter if you were nice enough to leave reviews on ff.net! I feel so lonely....

In other news, has everyone been reading Heart's Desire by AllykatD over at fanfiction? This is one of the funniest + fluffiest fics I've read in, ohh, months.
            Check your PM, Mentalmichael.
            Am loving "Heart's Desire. Makes a nice change from angsting, though more John angst would not go astray.
            Also, this is just an excuse so I can admire my new siggy made by Trialia. Thanks! *beams* It only took me a whole day working out how to put it in......

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              I have this really terrible image of John in The King and I: "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!" But that would require shaving his head, and that's even more blasphemous. Elizabeth I could see as Anna in those wonderful gowns, but no, can't see John as the King of Siam.
              On the other hand, I could see him tap dance around those gowns in an upbeat version of "Getting to Know You".

Apologies to Messrs Rodgers and Hammerstein
              [Spoken] Even without the Ancients urging,
              Fighting for your life is my one thought,
              And if you are ever in danger,
              Your foes will come to naught

[Singing] As a soldier I've been learning
              The things that you fear most
              As a man I want to hear you say
              The things that you love most

[Spoken] Getting to know you.

[Singing] Getting to know you,
              Getting to know all about you.
              Getting to like you,
              Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
              Putting it my way,
              But nicely,
              You are precisely,
              My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
              Getting to know all about you.
              Getting to like you,
              Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
              Putting it my way,
              But nicely,
              You are precisely,

My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
              Getting to feel free and easy
              When I am with you,
              Getting to know what to say

Haven't you noticed
              Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?
              Because of all the beautiful and new
              Things I'm learning about you
              Fray by fray
              Last edited by Easter Lily; 21 April 2006, 01:27 AM.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                I'm so enjoying it! And the last chapter was even funniest!

@FaithStars: Beautiful poem!

@La: I've already reviewed it on LJ but yay for the new chapter!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  On the other hand, I could see him tap dance around those gowns in an upbeat version of "Getting to Know You".

Apologies to Messrs Rodgers and Hammerstein
                  That was hilarious Easter Lily! But damn it, now I've got Elizabeth looking at Ronon and Teyla from her office and singing "Hello Young Lovers" in a wistful voice then at a get-together Elizabeth and John start dancing in a madcap way around the stargate and singing "Shall We Dance?" I'll never view "The King and I" in the same way again.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                    Its, hilarious.
                    Bunny.
                    He looks like he's praying.

Please Lord, let it be possible. Please let her have been in her right mind when she offered herself to me

Sorry, not so good at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                      Its, hilarious.
                      Bunny.
                      "Me? No, I didn't hit McKay upside the head and hide the rest of his chocolate. I would *never* do such a thing."

Hehe. That guy has such a way of looking innocent and mischievous at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                        I'm so enjoying it! And the last chapter was even funniest!
                        Tehehe, you're going to love the chapter I'm beta-reading right now, then. Even funnier.

Ruined_puzzle: Oh so true.

Ronni: You're welcome! Again!

Comment

For the love of God, please stop with The King and I. My high school English teacher made us stand and sing those songs every day while we were reading the play. I've just begun to get them out of my head.

I noticed that one of our local channels is running Austin Powers International Man of Mystery tonight right before The Tower comes on SciFi. Coincidence? I think not.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The Tower

You mean the episode that shall not be named?

have a pic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              I noticed that one of our local channels is running Austin Powers International Man of Mystery tonight right before The Tower comes on SciFi. Coincidence? I think not.
                              Yeah, Austin taught Shep everything he knows.

The "Shagadellic" Tower episode goes right next to "Stanktuary" in the trash bin.

I'd go out tonight, but I have to watch "Ripple Effect" on SG1 - that was such a great episode!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Ripple effect was the only reason i havn't put a bounty on paul mullie an joe mallozi's heads

stanktuary

Comment

Working...
                                X