• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ep sounds a lot like "Home"... someone is out of ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      the ep sounds a lot like "Home"... someone is out of ideas
      I don't mind. I liked "Home".
      It would be great if "The Real World" plot is correct. I would like to view a strong Weir-centric epsode. *waits impatiently for Mel's sources to confirm*

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
        I don't mind. I liked "Home".
        It would be great if "The Real World" plot is correct. I would like to view a strong Weir-centric epsode. *waits impatiently for Mel's sources to confirm*
        it's not about whether people liked "Home" or not, it's about repetitive episodes.. So I hope the rumors are false.

I'd like a strong Liz-centered episode too, even if it's going to be a clone of "Home"

Comment

These spoilers sound too fanficy-ish to be true, although when i first read the "fat guy" episode spoilers i thought it sounded too idiotic and ridiculous to be for real, so who knows, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
            These spoilers sound too fanficy-ish to be true, although when i first read the "fat guy" episode spoilers i thought it sounded too idiotic and ridiculous to be for real, so who knows, lol.
            My memory is going with old age, lol! But did I read somewhere that there are only about 5 or 6 storylines for SciFi shows and the writers have to vary these as much as possible? Was it Martin Gero who said this?

Comment

My memory is going with old age, lol! But did I read somewhere that there are only about 5 or 6 storylines for SciFi shows and the writers have to vary these as much as possible? Was it Martin Gero who said this?
              Yeah, but the fat guy thing sounds more like a rip off of anime, and it might work with drawn characters, but it looks ridiculous when you have to see flesh and blood woman humilliating themselves.
              And yeah, i know the poiliticaly correct thing would be for me to pretend that that man could be found attractive by someone, but i find him completely unnattractive, and it's a turn off to see hot women lusting after an ugly guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                Yeah, but the fat guy thing sounds more like a rip off of anime, and it might work with drawn characters, but it looks ridiculous when you have to see flesh and blood woman humilliating themselves.
                And yeah, i know the poiliticaly correct thing would be for me to pretend that that man could be found attractive by someone, but i find him completely unnattractive, and it's a turn off to see hot women lusting after an ugly guy.
                Oh, I don't know, I don't think Richard Kind is ugly, maybe more of a over-stuffed big teddy bear? Maybe, DFG has got a great personality, sense of humour or other hidden attributes.

Comment

Welcome Lady Lethe!. This is how I got started too. Seige 2 was the first episode that got me in. This was also my first thread in my first forum.
                  ps. Little advice....don't take the mints if they offer them.
                  Me three - the first post thing, I mean. I'm really glad I hate mints. Didn't have to worry about that. Now, if it had been chocolates in Lizzie's little b-day gift, I would probably have noticed that gritty thing.....
                  SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Oh, I don't know, I don't think Richard Kind is ugly, maybe more of a over-stuffed big teddy bear? Maybe, DFG has got a great personality, sense of humour or other hidden attributes.
                    I don't find him attractive at all, that's my only problem, i don't mind Sheppard flirting/kissing/lusting after/sleeping with women, and i wouldn't mind Weir flirting/kissing/lusting after/sleeping with guys, the only thing i ask for is that they're hot, i don't feel i'm asking for much here.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      I don't find him attractive at all, that's my only problem, i don't mind Sheppard flirting/kissing/lusting after/sleeping with women, and i wouldn't mind Weir flirting/kissing/lusting after/sleeping with guys, the only thing i ask for is that they're hot, i don't feel i'm asking for much here.
                      Well, isn't that the point, for it to be kinda weird that the women are lusting after him, so that the guys feel like something is wrong, then "comedy ensues?" And I'd rather Weir didn't follow Sheppard's example. She's a great role model right now, and I don't want to mess that up!

Although I wouldn't mind her flirting with a hawt guy to make Sheppard jealous!
                      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                        No, you're not asking for much. For our Elizabeth we want the very best (read, hawtness!) So what do you think of DD from TXF?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                          Well, isn't that the point, for it to be kinda weird that the women are lusting after him, so that the guys feel like something is wrong, then "comedy ensues?" And I'd rather Weir didn't follow Sheppard's example. She's a great role model right now, and I don't want to mess that up!
                          If the spoilers are correct, then it's the
                          Spoiler:
                          pheromones
                          causing the women to go wild. I'm looking forward to a good laugh. I prefer Liz the way she is now too, (though it would be nice to see her unwind in her downtime).

Comment

And I'd rather Weir didn't follow Sheppard's example. She's a great role model right now, and I don't want to mess that up!
                            I don't think sheppard has done anything wrong, he's an excellent role model. And it would be good for Elizabeth to release some pent up energy too, she's been on Atlantis for two years now.
                            No, you're not asking for much. For our Elizabeth we want the very best (read, hawtness!) So what do you think of DD from TXF?
                            Oh, no!, my mum already says i have Mulder issues (she thinks Sheppard looks exactly like Mulder), and they do look a bit alike (although i think Sheppard is cuter).

Comment

I don't recall reading such a quote but it's true, there's only so many basic storylines you can do - in scifi or any other genre. All very well saying "Think of something new" but you try thinking of a plot that hasn't been done somewhere already. There's about 7 distinct genres and around 70 years worth of television series. That's a lot of episodes. See what i'm getting at?

It's how the characters deal with a given situation, and how the situations affects them, that makes the story unique. We've said before that SGA is more character driven and so when you start looking at character background etc, you start delving into Drama (as opposed to Scifi). I think it's the humanity that make it works (and that's the aspect that most interests me), the morals and lessons learnt from each issue presented.

I really hope these spoilers have some truth to them. Will be a great chance to see how Elizabet has struggled with certain decisions (which people have been asking for) and I'm very intrigued by how the whole mythos ties in (covering several aspects of which fans have also been asking for, backstory wise).

I'm wondering
                              Spoiler:
                              when Elizabeth starts to figure something is amiss. She's been in a fabricated reality before so you'd think perhaps she would be wise to it, or maybe not? The whole psychological aspect intrigues me.

Slightly OT but there's a man I know who has undiagnosed mental problems. I see him every day in the pub. He sits there talking to himself, but if you talk to him he'll hold a conversation with you. It's like he is living in two realities but the lines are blured, he can switch from one to the other in an instant. I doubt he knows there is anything amiss. All very sad.

My point being is that applies to the unconfirmed spoilers we have for Elizabeth. This will be the second time she's been trapped in a different reality abd it could bring her to consider what could happen next time she gets trapped, if she's unable to see that anything is wrong. A very scary thought.

Originally posted by Luz
                              Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Run, don't walk, to VSAJ_Online bc Athena has the revised version of Hide and Seek up!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                                It's how the characters deal with a given situation, and how the situations affects them, that makes the story unique. We've said before that SGA is more character driven and so when you start looking at character background etc, you start delving into Drama (as opposed to Scifi). I think it's the humanity that make it works (and that's the aspect that most interests me), the morals and lessons learnt from each issue presented.

I really hope these spoilers have some truth to them. Will be a great chance to see how Elizabet has struggled with certain decisions (which people have been asking for) and I'm very intrigued by how the whole mythos ties in (covering several aspects of which fans have also been asking for, backstory wise).
                                And you're right on everything you said, there are only so many plots, so they're bound to be repeated every once in a while. But i just read this plot on a fanfiction last week, only it was the wraith fabricating the illusion, and in the fanfic Weir and Sheppard were married in said illusion. And the whole thing sounds kinda fishy.
                                Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
                                I know, i know, i'm just not good at disimulating my true feelings, as i said i find it hard to be politicaly correct .

Comment

Working...
                                X