Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
    Actually, it's 2 inches by 4 inches (technically 1.75 by some other odd-but-less-than-4 number). Could be any length though. Are the "studs" used to frame a house.

I loved "The Eye" too. And "Hot Zone" and "The Gift", too. I think TG is the final nail in the sheyla coffin. Shep couldn't have seemed less interested in Teyla - when Weir runs out of the room, he never even looks at Teyla before he runs after her.

EDIT: and I see that Melyanna beat me to the punch. Oh, well.
    It's ok, I feel like such a ditz! Everyone else knows its inches not feet! I guess I'm lucky that I figured out it was a piece of wood.

It's amazing how much they care for each other. Like in "The Defiant One," how Weir sends a team early on just in case Sheppard needs help, just to be extra cautious. (See, I was on topic!)
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Hehe, 'The Defiant One'. She goes: "Call it paranoia, call it intuition, call it a drill." And off TeamFord goes in search of the boys. Aw, I miss Ford *sniff* I love snarky!Liz. I want more of that too.

Oh, and I have the copy of W&P w/the dude riding a horse with a flag in hand. So maybe my pg17 is not TPTB pg17. Now I have to go look for that edition and compare.
      ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Even though I've thought Sam/Jack was cute at times, I've never thought they had tremendous chemistry. And I've heard a few die-hard shippers say that. My biggest difficulty in completely buying into Sam/Jack is that they'd just never be equals. I wrote a scene recently in which Sam said to someone that there are some conversations you just don't have with your commanding officer, and I kind of think that she'd always think of him in that light.
        I completely agree iwth taht assesment Mel. I have by no means seen the entirety of SG-1, but form what I have seen, Sam and Jack don't have the spark that Shep and Weir do. S/J can be cute together--especially that little seen atthe end of Moebius2, but I just don't feel the immediate tension in their relationship. That's one of the reasons I think S/W can be pulled off. It has a lot of on screen chemistry.

Personally, I thought The Eye had the subtlety of an aluminum baseball bat, but maybe it's just because that's when I really saw the light.
        I agree. It's not the first ep I noticed Shep/Weir in so it seemed very overt to me. But I suppose I am biased lol.

Later,
        Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
          Hehe, 'The Defiant One'. She goes: "Call it paranoia, call it intuition, call it a drill." And off TeamFord goes in search of the boys. Aw, I miss Ford *sniff* I love snarky!Liz. I want more of that too.
          oooo i know what you mean!!!!! more snarkyness from lil' Lizzie!!!!!!!
          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
            Actually, it's 2 inches by 4 inches (technically 1.75 by some other odd-but-less-than-4 number). Could be any length though. Are the "studs" used to frame a house.
            Actually, a 2x4 is usually about 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches. (Spent many, many weekends growing up making sawdust in the garage with my father.)

On topic? Uh...how about a pic? I was working on a vid earlier today, scanning episodes for useable clips, and remembered this scene from 'Grace Under Pressure'. More unspoken communication between the two:

a time to mourn

Comment

Heh, Photoshop is ADDICTING!!!!

~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                I completely agree iwth taht assesment Mel. I have by no means seen the entirety of SG-1, but form what I have seen, Sam and Jack don't have the spark that Shep and Weir do. S/J can be cute together--especially that little seen atthe end of Moebius2, but I just don't feel the immediate tension in their relationship. That's one of the reasons I think S/W can be pulled off. It has a lot of on screen chemistry.
                What's this? I finally come back to the thread, my brain less fluffy, and you're talking about building materials!!??

I actually read War and Peace when I was a teenage schoolgirl. Let me tell you, it's not for the faint-hearted. Incredible epic once you got through the whole thing but I wouldn't have been able to do it without my Russian-descent friends' help in explaining their social structure, name dimunitives etc. I'm not surprised John was only on to Pg.17.

Back on topic...
                I have always enjoyed SG1 but never really saw ship between S/J (told you I'm not a shipper by nature). I always thought Sam had a bit of a crush on Jack but that was about it. Imagine my surprise when Jack confessed his feelings in that lie-detector episode (forgotten title). I even didn't mind Pete. Thought it was about time Sam had a bit of fun. Even thought Sam and Daniel were cute too!
                So,yes, like Melyanna, and Royal Nonesuch, I thought S/J were cute but without the chemistry and UST I have seen with Sparky.
                There is ANOTHER IMPORTANT difference that makes these two relationships (S/J and S/W) like cheese and chalk. That difference is what makes Sparky so palatable to me and why I'm enjoying it so much.
                What? Oh, the difference is the fact that John and Elizabeth are totally unaware of their attraction to each other in a romantic way. I'm sure they appreciate each other's attributes but only as friends and colleagues. Maybe Elizabeth has more of a inkling, but she is surpressing these dangerous thoughts just like John. One thing they can't surpress is their body language and it's just screaming Sparky.
                So I'm hopping on the puddle-jumper with them for their ride to self-discovery and will enjoy each little step they take towards each other in self-awareness of how they truly feel for each other.
                Last edited by Ronnikins; 21 March 2006, 11:41 PM.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

Proof about the body language!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                    Well aren't you the clever one? I think we can dispense with uniforms for Nurse John altogether. Just the gunbelt. And the sunglasses.
                    And aren't you the frisky one? As matriach of the Sparky Clan shouldn't you be showing a bit more regal dignity? I don't think I'll pass THAT request on to Nurse John. I'm pretty sure that is outside his job description.

Comment

Wooohoooo They have no use for speak... One look !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins

There is ANOTHER IMPORTANT difference that makes these two relationships (S/J and S/W) like cheese and chalk. That difference is what makes Sparky so palatable to me and why I'm enjoying it so much.
                        What? Oh, the difference is the fact that John and Elizabeth are totally unaware of their attraction to each other in a romantic way. I'm sure they appreciate each other's attributes but only as friends and colleagues. Maybe Elizabeth has more of a inkling, but she is surpressing these dangerous thoughts just like John. One thing they can't surpress is their body language and it's just screaming Sparky.
                        So I'm hopping on the puddle-jumper with them for their ride to self-discovery and will enjoy each little step they take towards each other in self-awareness of how they truly feel for each other.
                        ooooohhhhh.... that is a great way to word it... they are completely unaware of it.... i think that it makes the show soooo much more interesting...
                        I too think that Liz has a little more of an inkling about it than John... Conversion... ummm... yeah... anyway... AWESOME sparkyness!!!!!!
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Just been reading Gateworld's run down on the events for this coming weekend and what they'll be doing throughout.

I totally want to go next year! (or the year after depending on my finances) Over 80 possible attendees for the Gateworld Forum get together! sounds like a real blast!

Ok...so its around £400 for the flight.
                          £200 (ish) for the ticket
                          God knows how much for acommodation...

...gah! It's expensive...but totally worth it!

I'm just glad that wolf events host a convention every year here, and that Bryan is so commited to getting things perfect!
                          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                            What's this? I finally come back to the thread, my brain less fluffy, and you're talking about building materials!!??
                            Yep...who'd have thought that dimensions of planks of wood would be discussed on a ship thread!!

Oh, the difference is the fact that John and Elizabeth are totally unaware of their attraction to each other in a romantic way. I'm sure they appreciate each other's attributes but only as friends and colleagues. Maybe Elizabeth has more of a inkling, but she is surpressing these dangerous thoughts just like John. One thing they can't surpress is their body language and it's just screaming Sparky.
                            Well put! I think you've hit the nail on the head! Oops...carpentry gets another mention!!

Comment

On topic? Uh...how about a pic? I was working on a vid earlier today, scanning episodes for useable clips, and remembered this scene from 'Grace Under Pressure'.
                              Ahem. *glances at watch and taps foot impatiently* We're waiting...
                              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                And Luz, it's the swell of music in that scene in The Eye that gets to me every time. Come to think of it, I think that particular style of scoring has only been used in Shep/Weir moments.
                                It's their theme, a slow romantic version of the show's theme softly playing in the background . And you're right, it only comes into play when there is a very sparky scene, i've noticed it a couple times, but the most notorious have been the "are you okay?" moment in the eye, the goodbye in the siege 2, and the hug in the siege 3. But i've heard it in other ocasions, i just don't remember.
                                It's ok, I feel like such a ditz! Everyone else knows its inches not feet! I guess I'm lucky that I figured out it was a piece of wood.
                                Hey, i thought i was a car, lol. Here we call some trucks four by four, so when i heard two by four my mind made the asociation. And now it turns out it's a plank.

Comment

Working...
                                X