No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new here but I've been lurking here for quite awhile...but I am new (this is my first post in any forum) so sorry in advance if I make any mistakes. But onto more important things...^^ I think Sheppard and Weir have a special connection and it would be awesome if their relationship is taken to the next level. It would be interesting to see their relationship develop as the seasons go on. Well, I think that's all for now... Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      I didn't find the look all that fascinating. It wasn't at all like the scene in Letters from Pegasus where they look to each other. But then, I don't read as much into things as some.
      Gasp! You mean you don't read every look between them as 'I absolutely am so in love with you I could burst!' Geez Mel, what kind of shipper are you anyway? *grin*

Vix, thanks for the elaboration on the scene woman! If anything it appears to be a very intense scene/moment where every breath is measured. I love those kind of extra intense scenes with J and E because they just seemingly rachet up their 'connection' a notch between them. The sheer feeling of 'we're so close as to be inseperable' is almost tangible as a third being in the room.

Welcome to Sparks18! I love to see a 'first' post on this thread! Makes me feel the power of Sparky! is even stronger than ever!!! Have a mint and cup o' coffee and sit and chat a spell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        Vix, thanks for the elaboration on the scene woman! If anything it appears to be a very intense scene/moment where every breath is measured. I love those kind of extra intense scenes with J and E because they just seemingly rachet up their 'connection' a notch between them. The sheer feeling of 'we're so close as to be inseperable' is almost tangible as a third being in the room.
        I really like the way you phrased that--as though there is a third person in the room. It does feel that tangible at times. I recently watched a film "Must Love Dogs"--no offense to any fanss of that film, but I saw no spark, or chemistry between Cusack and Lane. Both are talented actors, but if that spark isn't there, nothing can make it work. The characters of John and Liz certainly have that spark, so the writers simply have to follow along and they can put together something great.

WELCOME to all newbies! Great to have you on board the greatest ship!

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention two things:

Blue Branigh's "That don't impress me much" vid was awesome--absolutely hysterical.

Hatcheter's "Speed of Sound" was awesome as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how many talented people we have creating things for this ship.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
          I really like the way you phrased that--as though there is a third person in the room. It does feel that tangible at times. I recently watched a film "Must Love Dogs"--no offense to any fanss of that film, but I saw no spark, or chemistry between Cusack and Lane. Both are talented actors, but if that spark isn't there, nothing can make it work. The characters of John and Liz certainly have that spark, so the writers simply have to follow along and they can put together something great.

WELCOME to all newbies! Great to have you on board the greatest ship!

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention two things:

Blue Branigh's "That don't impress me much" vid was awesome--absolutely hysterical.

Hatcheter's "Speed of Sound" was awesome as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how many talented people we have creating things for this ship.

Royal
          I watched it just last week Royal and you're right-I didn't feel any connection at all and I really like both actors a lot. You just can't 'bottle' chem and hand it out at your convinence. My husband complains that there are so few "romantic comedies or dramas worth a (dern)" and begrugingly, I find myself having to agree. Some are just so poorly written that you couldn't find the chemistry if it were in the middle of the mess and yet many others simply just lack a believable chemistry between the male and female. Every other type movie or tv show angle can be 'faked' or 'acted' as it doesn't rely so heavily on the character interaction to work but a male/female relationship angle in a story -whatever be the setting-a sunflower field in Nebraska, a high-rise in London or a floating city in Pegasus Galaxy-must have that believability that is natural or every member of the audience who has ever found or witnessed that elusive, natural sympatico with someone in their own life will call it's bluff for what it is-fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            I didn't find the look all that fascinating. It wasn't at all like the scene in Letters from Pegasus where they look to each other. But then, I don't read as much into things as some.
            Heh. I'm with Mel. The scene was amusing enough, but nothing like other kind of eye!sex we've all seen before.

I was just watching the scene again, and I was much more amused by how
            Spoiler:
            in the previous scene Teyla goes to talk to Michael, and Ronon is there standing next to her as her guard. Then the very next scene is in Weir's office with the Wraith Queen and John walks right over to stand right next to Elizabeth. I don't know why, but I really love this shot of both of them in the frame.

As for the grandkids comment, I just thought she looked over at John because they are in the middle of negotiations with the Wraith Queen and his comment was just not helping. But I'm sure she might have been slightly amused, if she wasn't so worried about if this alliance was the right decision or not.
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              Heh. I'm with Mel. The scene was amusing enough, but nothing like other kind of eye!sex we've all seen before.

I was just watching the scene again, and I was much more amused by how
              Spoiler:
              in the previous scene Teyla goes to talk to Michael, and Ronon is there standing next to her as her guard. Then the very next scene is in Weir's office with the Wraith Queen and John walks right over to stand right next to Elizabeth. I don't know why, but I really love this shot of both of them in the frame.

As for the grandkids comment, I just thought she looked over at John because they are in the middle of negotiations with the Wraith Queen and his comment was just not helping. But I'm sure she might have been slightly amused, if she wasn't so worried about if this alliance was the right decision or not.
              Yow! I really like that shot too Athena! He really does look all ready and on his toes to protect Elizabeth if anything is bad starts going down with the
              Spoiler:
              QW
              . I like that protector angle being built on a little too although I know if it's done too much we'll hear the anti shep/weir contingent 'reasoning' of how the very reason Elizabeth thinks she loves john and/or John thinks he cares extra for Elizabeth is because he is her protector extrordinaire...blah blah...excuse...blah blah...

But darn it, I like the angle. I like to think he feels like a man around her and that he can offer her something very male that she can't do for herself. I think he sees her as very strong and being able to be there for her as her main protector or in other small ways-like making her laugh and smile are very important for him to know. I also like how the angle could be used with Elizabeth's upcoming
              Spoiler:
              descent into darker territory.
              I'd like to see John reeling because he finds that although he can protect her from external enemies that he can't protect her from herself and her own emotional demons. That angle offers a plethora of exciting possibilities for Sparky.

Oh, and since I adore vids so much, let me rec you guys a nice, easy on the eyes Sparky vid to carry you home for the night (and it's got our John the Protector clip in it!)
              ...'Still Holding Out For You'-music by SheDaisy -Editing by Kerry:
              http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...E2E960BYMCB3Y2

I love piano ballads-I'm just a sucker for them! And let me just say again what awesome, beautiful theme music Atlantis has. I adore it. Have you guys been really, really paying attention to what scenes they slow the theme down and play it underneath? So many of J and E's scenes have this theme music slowed to almost a love ballad speed! If I'm not off my rocker, I'm relatively sure that you can hear the music slowed in the last, pivotal scene of TLG. I think it was Pooh that noted in her S3 review that when a pair gets their own 'theme' music like we see in the hug scene, it's a done deal. I agree Pooh...oh how do I agree.
              Last edited by Bama; 08 March 2006, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                I don't know why, but I really love this shot of both of them in the frame.
                That's a lovely pic Athenaktt! They do look really good in that one. But really, they always look good together!

Welcome sparks18! . I see Bama has already offered you some mints, so I'll pass some cookies out your way.

EDIT: Didn't even notice I had reached 200 already. Yay!
                Last edited by GateByte; 08 March 2006, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Well since we're handing out welcoming presents to the noobs-- Lip balm for all your lip-licking needs!

Comment

Hey all!

I just joined this forum and thought I might as well introduce myself right away.

I've been with Stargate Atlantis and - of course - Sparky from the start, it just took me a while to get here. I've been so lazy when it comes to posting in forums but I'm trying to get better. My new year's resolution: more Sparky fandom activity!!! So, here we go... I will feel so at home here and look forward to chat with all of you.

Ok, that's all for now (back to homework).
                    SIG BY THE EVIL PUPPY

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                      Hey all!

I just joined this forum and thought I might as well introduce myself right away.

I've been with Stargate Atlantis and - of course - Sparky from the start, it just took me a while to get here. I've been so lazy when it comes to posting in forums but I'm trying to get better. My new year's resolution: more Sparky fandom activity!!! So, here we go... I will feel so at home here and look forward to chat with all of you.

Welcome to sparky thread!!

and since you guys have been putting Allies caps up all day ...

not a spoiler right? ... ah whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                        Hey all!

Welcome! Funnily enough that's the exact opposite of my New Year's resolution, which lasted about 3 hours! Seriously, this place sucks you in
                        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!! to all the nooobs.... glad you could join in on our craziness!!!!!!

Rubicon~ those manips are sooo cool!!!!!! Sparky Lips!!!!! hehe

Mentalmichael~ i know what you mean!!!! this place really does draw you in... and soon enough... addiction follows
                          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Erised

and since you guys have been putting Allies caps up all day ...
                            John: Is that a new jacket, Elizabeth? Looks good on you, with that red shirt.
                            Lizzie: John, I've been wearing this jacket since the Genii coup episode.
                            John: Really? I guess I was paying attention more to your eyes...btw, your
                            hair's really fab. New shampoo?

WELCOME TO ALL NEWBIES!!!

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                            From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                            But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                            To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                            Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by LadyShip
                              ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by LadyShip

WELCOME TO ALL NEWBIES!!!
                                He paid more attention to her eyes...? Oh PG thoughts!

Welcome to all newbies! Nice you picked the Sparky thread for your first posts! *offers cookies and 'milk'*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X