Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
    ... do they use the same voices or do they get French-Belgian people to do the dubbug?
    French-Belgian peeps do the job...and I know that the voice-over for Daniel Jackson is the same one for Dr. Mark Green in ER...very annoying at times.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
      French-Belgian peeps do the job...and I know that the voice-over for Daniel Jackson is the same one for Dr. Mark Green in ER...very annoying at times.
      hehe that is funny!!!!!!! i used to love watching stargate in France, because i had already seent he eps and i could concentrate on learning french... i swear that watching Stargate and the Pretender in french, helped me sooooo much....

ok that was a little OT...ummmm.... SPARKY ROCKS!!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Hey, we reached over 25000 posts. *throws confetti* we should have a party or something shouldn't we?

All: Cheers to Sparky thread reaching 25000 posts

And Happy Birthday Atlantean Fan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
          Yes, I was wondering about the 'where do we go from here' aspect. There are a few different pairings that are popular on this show, to varying levels of course, and I'm thinking will the writers just let Shep/Weir tick along as it is or be brave and take the next step, at the risk of upsetting some fans. Hmmm...we'll just have to wait and see I suppose!

Going back to the Calendar thing! Joe in a turtleneck?!! Knowing him, we'd probably get him togged up head to toe in ski gear...or a wetsuit! Um...I think I'd quite like that actually!!

Good Morning Sparklers and Congratulations to us on25000 posts

Then most of the world went to sleep. Back to the above discussion. It must be frustrating to be a writer for this show. You have groups of loyal fans coming on the forum and criticizing every decision you make. Some hate romo and want none of it. Some want a soap opera. They can't please everybody, so they have to think about the long term direction of the show. Yet they don't know how many seasons they will have. So if they start heading toward a resolution of the romantic subplots when should they resolve them? And then what? We have held Babylon 5 up time and time again as a good example of how to do it right. I think they can't lose by going in that direction. Spanky can certainly be a good secondary pairing and will fulfill any need for the hot sweaty aspects.

As far as why some can't see the Sparky. I think it boils down to age. As Sunny said it's the "awkward teenage squirming" idea. Shep and Weir remind some young folks of their parents or those teachers you make up gossip about who you think are doing it in the teachers' lounge. yes, you know you do it When I was teaching I was once the object of such rumors. It was annoying and fun at the same time. The Langford U fic series brings out some good points on that idea. So for most fans the way they are going is enough. We older people love the slow build up of romance not the hellomynameisJohnlet'sgetiton scenario in so many shows and movies. They can continue this with a few squee worthy moments for years. But they must not continue the who'sitgonnabeweirorteyla triangle. That will turn everybody off.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

25000... i dont even remember passing it!!!!!!

WOOOHHH *does happy dance*

Comment

Someone requested cake, and I just happened to have some left over from Melyanna's birthday party. Enjoy!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                As far as why some can't see the Sparky. I think it boils down to age. As Sunny said it's the "awkward teenage squirming" idea. Shep and Weir remind some young folks of their parents or those teachers you make up gossip about who you think are doing it in the teachers' lounge. yes, you know you do it When I was teaching I was once the object of such rumors. It was annoying and fun at the same time. The Langford U fic series brings out some good points on that idea. So for most fans the way they are going is enough. We older people love the slow build up of romance not the hellomynameisJohnlet'sgetiton scenario in so many shows and movies. They can continue this with a few squee worthy moments for years. But they must not continue the who'sitgonnabeweirorteyla triangle. That will turn everybody off.
                Very interesting point, SR.

They're like the mum and dad or authority figures. That's probably why some of the fans prefer to think of the Sheyla thing. Who knows. I was always a fan of older pairings as a teenager, though, I have to admit. My favourites were Lee and Amanda on Scarecrow and Mrs King. Age didn't come into it for me.

I like the subtle, slow-growing friendship between Shep and Weir. I think it's realistic. None of that cringeworthy going too fast because tv shows are supposed to be exciting and full of action business. When it comes to the 'possible triangle', I think the fact that they are developing the Shep/Weir friendship as an important part of the show puts an end to the Sheyla side of things.

I have no idea if this makes any sense... it's past midnight, I've had one day off in the past month, and I'm a bit of a zombie right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa

I like the subtle, slow-growing friendship between Shep and Weir. I think it's realistic. None of that cringeworthy going too fast because tv shows are supposed to be exciting and full of action business. When it comes to the 'possible triangle', I think the fact that they are developing the Shep/Weir friendship as an important part of the show puts an end to the Sheyla side of things.

i love the friendship that has formed, and i think and believe that it will go deeper than that!!!!! *crosses fingers and toes*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Someone requested cake, and I just happened to have some left over from Melyanna's birthday party. Enjoy!

Thanks for the cake FP !!!! I think I'm gonna run with it to serve to all the horde of people that is going to show up here today !!!! Do I have to take the mints out or this ones are safe for a change? Well, probably not !!!!!!
                    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
                      Thanks for the cake FP !!!! I think I'm gonna run with it to serve to all the horde of people that is going to show up here today !!!! Do I have to take the mints out or this ones are safe for a change? Well, probably not !!!!!!
                      *takes a slice of cake*

thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It must be frustrating to be a writer for this show. You have groups of loyal fans coming on the forum and criticizing every decision you make. Some hate romo and want none of it. Some want a soap opera. They can't please everybody, so they have to think about the long term direction of the show. Yet they don't know how many seasons they will have. So if they start heading toward a resolution of the romantic subplots when should they resolve them? And then what? We have held Babylon 5 up time and time again as a good example of how to do it right. I think they can't lose by going in that direction. Spanky can certainly be a good secondary pairing and will fulfill any need for the hot sweaty aspects.
                        I think you make a point. It must indeed be fustrating for the writers in this show. So many fans wanting so many things and trying to find a medium where everyone is happy. I think they know that they could never please everyonem, that each episode will have different reactions depending on what your looking for.
                        I find it strange when people say that they would stop watching the show if a certain pairing became canon...is that really all they watch it for? And what do they do if they get it?...They'll be good for a few episodes, then they'll be bored of it. Probably finding faults with how the writers write it
                        Fortunately, I'm not one of these people Sure, I love it when I see a sparky moment, but there are a multitude of episodes that I love that have no 'moments' at all! I'm always up for a good action, guns blazing, episode .

The Langford U fic series brings out some good points on that idea. So for most fans the way they are going is enough. We older people love the slow build up of romance not the hellomynameisJohnlet'sgetiton scenario in so many shows and movies. They can continue this with a few squee worthy moments for years. But they must not continue the who'sitgonnabeweirorteyla triangle. That will turn everybody off.
                        Your right. I would be happy with the amount of shep/weir moments without a resolve for years to come! smouldering beneath the surface without taking away the main focus of the show. Carrying on with this 'triangle' is going to become increasingly fustrating if it is allowed to continue. We hate sheyla moments, the sheyla's hate sparky moments...
                        I hoping the TPTB will make a decision sometime this upcoming season about which way they are going to go.

You just had to go and mention one of my fave fics... I'll have to read one know...
                        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          Very interesting point, SR.

They're like the mum and dad or authority figures. That's probably why some of the fans prefer to think of the Sheyla thing. Who knows. I was always a fan of older pairings as a teenager, though, I have to admit. My favourites were Lee and Amanda on Scarecrow and Mrs King. Age didn't come into it for me.

I have no idea if this makes any sense... it's past midnight, I've had one day off in the past month, and I'm a bit of a zombie right now.....
                          I think that's why I detest the idea of sheyla so dadgum much. I could never 'buy' it at this point. John's been around her for two years and he's never shown much interest other than appreciation for her looks first and then later her fighting skills as a good teammate. People that truly love and care for each other are interested in seeking each other out for advice-for the proverbial shoulder to lean on in the bad times. And in the good times, they enjoy each other-they relax together and talk-they tease. I think SR does make a good point regarding age. Younger people don't like to hear it-I know I didn't when I was younger- but some (not all) see things thru the tunnel vision of sexual excitement. And that simply is only a tiny portion of what makes up a good relationship. That's not to say that aspect doesn't remain important but without it, you can have everything else but without everything else, the sexual aspect simply means very, very little. I would guess that there are very few 'older' sheyla shippers-very, very few that are actually John or Elizabeth's age.

Comment

I've thought the same thing about the time travel and Janus.
                            I'd love for him to come back. Plus he and Liz had good chemistry, and John would twitch.
                            I would love to see him again, too. I enjoyed their interaction. Or maybe they could bring back the same actor but for a different role, like oh.... maybe a leader of a people who makes a connection with Elizabeth.

Yay cake!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                              I would love to see him again, too. I enjoyed their interaction. Or maybe they could bring back the same actor but for a different role, like oh.... maybe a leader of a people who makes a connection with Elizabeth.
                              No, no, no, Janus is Janus, no other role, pleeeease. I think it would be awkward if they bring him back because, well, or he would be time traveling with a third time Jumper or he would be an ascended dude. Anyway I think he is John's father, nothing can take this out of head and it would be awkward to see Liz in love with dad and son, right? So soap operish or out of a bad love story film......IMHO, of course !!!! But I really liked Janus, flashbacks maybe? I really loved the way he was excited like a kid that his time Jumper worked and when he was reprograming the ZPMs and criating the failsafe, does that ring a bell, spoilers for GUP anyone? I can't resist the horrible bunnies anymore. I think I'll finally sit my ass and write something !!!!!!

By the way, I just remembered right now. Isn't Janus latin for John?

Originally posted by Vixen
                              Yay cake!
                              I like to think FP gave it to me, but everyone is entitled to take two pieces of it and don't forget to take the mints off before eating.

On a side note: was that you who made that John vid to Bama? I truly loved it !!!! You are very talented !!!!!
                              Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

*puts uneaten cake back*
                                No, no, no, Janus is Janus, no other role, pleeeease.
                                Yes, you're right. Guess I just really liked the actor

By the way, I just remembered right now. Isn't Janus latin for John?
                                JANUS
                                Means "archway" in Latin. Janus was the Roman god of gateways and beginnings, often depicted as having two faces looking in opposite directions. The month of January is named for him.
                                source: behind the name
                                Interesting, no?

On a side note: was that you who made that John vid to Bama? I truly loved it !!!! You are very talented !!!!!
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X