No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John: Sure is quiet in here this morning.
    Liz: They must all be exhausted from the lengthy discussions they had yesterday.

Comment

Out of all the shipper threads, I can really see Sheppard and Weir having the best possibility of having something happen between them. That's just my thought though.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
        Out of all the shipper threads, I can really see Sheppard and Weir having the best possibility of having something happen between them. That's just my thought though.
        That's the kind of thing I like to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          I'm voting throwaway line, myself.

Nice avatar, Mel.
          I'm with Hatch with this besides
          Spoiler:
          we already have one huge addiction arc with Ford. And it appears that people either hate it or like it. I don't mind it for Ford, because this is the most development he has ever had.

And how many time did SG-1, namely Daniel become addicted to something? As much as I'd like to see Elizabeth ansgt and "go darker", having an addiction just seems not to really help. In fact, if she had an addiction it would be easier for th SGC to remove Elizabeth from the expedition. Because it's no secret, Elizabeth must have some political enemies out there.

In addition, we know how the TPTB are at working on "personal" issues. e.g. Carter's personal issues about being single which they attempted to explore in season 7 with the whole Pete fiasco. *rolls eyes*

I think they'd be better in sticking to Elizabeth wanting to go to Landry for some advice/guidence since they are techinquely in the same situation. Being leaders of teams that are sent to recover alien technology and at times make decisions that are difficult. Because compared to Landry, even though he just started working in the SGC recently, Elizabeth is still more of a newbie when it comes to being a leader at this scale.

That was longer than I expected... must mean I'm on procrastination mode.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
            Definitely agree with you on Caldwell.
            Spoiler:
            I'm pretty sure he wanted John's position as military commander of Atlantis, so I'm almost certain he'd try to pull something if Lizzie was to do something that might cause her to seem unfit to continue being leader of the Atlantis expedition. On the other hand, Atlantis is a civilian operation, and I highly doubt the International Committee will allow it to become militarized IMO.
            Seriously? After TLG I think that Caldwell
            Spoiler:
            is if anything turning into a sparky shipper!! The whole kiss comment, and the "maybe there's hope for me yet" indicates that he now respects Weir + Sheppard, and maybe even a relationship... actually that's going too far, but I don't think he's going to make a grab for the leadership any time soon. He took over in a situation when he had to be in charge, and did a good job, but he knows that Sheppard + weir make a damn good team IMO. However, if Liz does get to a point where she is unfit for duty, then it would be interesting to see whether he would defer to Sheppard, or try and take over (i emphasize "try", no way John would let him!)
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
              Seriously? After TLG I think that Caldwell
              Spoiler:
              is if anything turning into a sparky shipper!! The whole kiss comment, and the "maybe there's hope for me yet" indicates that he now respects Weir + Sheppard, and maybe even a relationship... actually that's going too far, but I don't think he's going to make a grab for the leadership any time soon. He took over in a situation when he had to be in charge, and did a good job, but he knows that Sheppard + weir make a damn good team IMO. However, if Liz does get to a point where she is unfit for duty, then it would be interesting to see whether he would defer to Sheppard, or try and take over (i emphasize "try", no way John would let him!)
              Ok, yeah agree with you about the whole TLG thing.
              Spoiler:
              the way he teased them about the kiss, he's certainly turning into a sparky shipper. I just don't know. There's something about him that just irks me. Perhaps it's the not really knowing what about his past behaviour was him, or what was the goau'ld. But I must admit, that I do like him a bit more now after TLG.

Spoiler:
              However, if Liz does get to a point where she is unfit for duty, then it would be interesting to see whether he would defer to Sheppard, or try and take over (i emphasize "try", no way John would let him!)
              Yeah, that's kinda the point I was trying to make.
              Spoiler:
              I think he might try to take over, since I'm sure he doesn't agree with some of the things Shep's done in the past, and/or feels like he could do a better job himself. But, you're right. If he was to try, there's no way John would let him take over, not willingly anyways.

Comment

My speculations (puny as they are):
                Spoiler:
                anything relating to Elizabeth having medicinal problems would probably play out in one or two episodes then TPTB would simply hit the "reset" button like they usually do. It could create some interesting angst and make John fret over her for once - IF they do it.

I do like the idea of Liz going to Landry for help/advice. She knows she isn't up to running a huge military installation, and her civilian mission has slowly become more military oriented as time goes by.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelQueen
                  You make a good point.
                  Spoiler:
                  Given all of that, I figure it's most likely a line just to foreshadow the coming struggle we'll see with Lizzie in regards to the difficult decisions that she's had to make over the past two years. When I started talking about it last night, I was half asleep and in a paranoid mood.
                  I consoled myself this morning by making some Lizzie icons.
                  I think this is just a case of us making too much out of some insignificant line as usual, lol. I remember how on HP in OoTP when some kid named Evans was mentioned, and everyone went insane thinking that it might be Harry's long lost sibbling, or some stranged relative of Petunia's, or whatever. That poor kid was discussed until the horse was beaten into a grease stain. Only to have Jo telling us on an interview that he was just an extra who happened to be named Evans, lol.
                  This sounds just like that
                  Spoiler:
                  tptb put that there possibly to show us that Weir is human and doesn't go unaffected by the threats they have to face, and the thou9gh choices she has to make. And it was a tiny little thing, but it's been growing, and i've heard people talking about it like tptb said there was going to be drug adiction arc, as if it's a sure thing. It's like how with TLG pods were mentioned and someone made a comment about Sheppard and Weir being locked on one, and then people started talking about the episode were Sheppard and Weir got trapped on a pod, lol.
                  To me it was just some odd line thrown with the purpose of showing that Weir is not wonder woman, but i don't foresee any drug arcs. It was boring with Ford, screwed the character, we lost him 'cause tptb didn't know what to do with him. I'm sure they've learned their lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Spoiler:
                    anything relating to Elizabeth having medicinal problems would probably play out in one or two episodes then TPTB would simply hit the "reset" button like they usually do. It could create some interesting angst and make John fret over her for once - IF they do it.
                    I have no idea if this is really the road they're going down, but if it is,
                    Spoiler:
                    I think Progeny and The Real World will be where it'll all come out. I don't have anything to back this up, though. Just gut feeling.

Spoiler:
                    I do like the idea of Liz going to Landry for help/advice. She knows she isn't up to running a huge military installation, and her civilian mission has slowly become more military oriented as time goes by.
                    I completely agree. Though the latter is part of what led to the President Weir stuff from MF and me.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      Spoiler:
                      I think Progeny and The Real World will be where it'll all come out. I don't have anything to back this up, though. Just gut feeling.
                      Ooo, spooky eerily acurate Mel!gut feelings coming into play again

Comment

Spoiler:

i like the idea as well!!!!!

piccies time!!!!

i dont know who originally made it, but it is soooo pretty!!!
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          Ooo, spooky eerily acurate Mel!gut feelings coming into play again
                          Yeah, but generally you guys don't believe me. No one believed me last year when I said there'd be a hug in Siege III.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Yeah, but generally you guys don't believe me. No one believed me last year when I said there'd be a hug in Siege III.
                            So... You have Sparky ESP? Cool!!! Did you know about the
                            Spoiler:
                            Kiss in TLG before everyone else also?

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Spoiler:

As it stands at the moment
                              Spoiler:
                              these episodes are listed to air as eps 4 and 5. We seem to get the idea that, at least, 'The Real World' will have a nice Weir arc. Apart from hoping that it won't be the only Weir centred episode during the whole of season 3... I also hope that, since it's being aired early on, they will use the rest of the season to further any repercussions these events might have on her character.

Mel, I know some episodes are filmed out of order and such...but do you have any idea when info will start to filter through? (not that I'm desperate or anything... )
                              And am I right that they begin filming this week?
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                                As it stands at the moment
                                Spoiler:
                                these episodes are listed to air as eps 4 and 5. We seem to get the idea that, at least, 'The Real World' will have a nice Weir arc. Apart from hoping that it won't be the only Weir centred episode during the whole of season 3... I also hope that, since it's being aired early on, they will use the rest of the season to further any repercussions these events might have on her character.

Mel, I know some episodes are filmed out of order and such...but do you have any idea when info will start to filter through? (not that I'm desperate or anything... )
                                And am I right that they begin filming this week?
                                that they do... i cant wait for spoilers
                                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Working...
                                X