X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whistler84
    Uh, quick question. Is all the season three
    Spoiler:
    talk about addiction and talking to landry, speculation or spoilers? If its actual spoilers, where did we get this infor and when?
    Spoiler:
    The addiction thing is speculation. The talk with Landry is something Torri has mentioned in a couple interviews as something Brad Wright mentioned to her as a possibility, and it seems to be one she really, really wants to see happen.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Spoiler:
      The addiction thing is speculation. The talk with Landry is something Torri has mentioned in a couple interviews as something Brad Wright mentioned to her as a possibility, and it seems to be one she really, really wants to see happen.
      Ah, thank you. See, the problem with not reading all the white spaces for so long is I miss out on so many things.

Like for instance
      Spoiler:
      Lizzie is addicted to drugs??!!!! When the hell did this happen?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
      Spoiler:
      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Ah, thank you. See, the problem with not reading all the white spaces for so long is I miss out on so many things.

Like for instance
        Spoiler:
        Lizzie is addicted to drugs??!!!! When the hell did this happen?
        There was a line in Allies (very minor spoiler) in which
        Spoiler:
        Elizabeth mentioned that Beckett had been prescribing her a sedative because she was having difficulty sleeping. There's a lot of debate over whether that line was just an indication that she was losing sleep over her decisions, or foreshadowing of events to come. Personally, I think it could go either way.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Spoiler:
          Elizabeth mentioned that Beckett had been prescribing her a sedative because she was having difficulty sleeping. There's a lot of debate over whether that line was just an indication that she was losing sleep over her decisions, or foreshadowing of events to come. Personally, I think it could go either way.
          Not having seen the ep or context yet, tenatively put me down for hopeful foreshadowing but I'll be satisfied with *any*
          Spoiler:
          stress induced problems
          for the woman because I believe any personal problems she has will be exceedingly good for Sparky drama. If you're joined at the hip in the good times, then so you shall be in the bad. And what tptb have joined together let nothing put asunder. We do know that she's going
          Spoiler:
          "darker" and based on what we've been given this year it would seem to indicate that darker place will come from her constant internal anguish and stress.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I'm voting throwaway line, myself.

Nice avatar, Mel.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

Nice avatar, Mel.
              I'd agree with you on that one.
              Spoiler:
              It was probably a line intended to show how much trouble Weir was having with the issues she's dealing with. More something to foreshadow her questioning her position than having a drug problem

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

Nice avatar, Mel.
                I'm totally indecisive on it. I don't even really know which way I'd prefer it to happen.

And the new avatar, much as I love it, may have to go. I love that shot, but it reminds me of Spygate for some reason, and makes me want to write my Mr. and Mrs. Smith knockoff. And I really don't need another fic on my plate right now.
                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

GEEZ!!! Talk much in here? I tried to catch up but alas, four hours later gave up on pg 1200 and jumped here.

Originally posted by Bama
                  I think John Sheppard is about to learn that he can be more to another human being than he ever thought he could be.
                  Ya know I think I'd pay to see that. I wanna see the whole back story on him. Cos personally I believe he has some sort of 'self-esteem' complex and I WANT to KNOW what IT IS. Anyway, this is prolly sooooo off topic by now ::shrug::

LOVE the new av Mel
                  ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                    GEEZ!!! Talk much in here? I tried to catch up but alas, four hours later gave up on pg 1200 and jumped here.

Ya know I think I'd pay to see that. I wanna see the whole back story on him. Cos personally I believe he has some sort of 'self-esteem' complex and I WANT to KNOW what IT IS. Anyway, this is prolly sooooo off topic by now ::shrug::

LOVE the new av Mel
                    I'm hoping someone like Sapph will ask Joe in Vancouver what he thinks John's back story is. It'd be interesting to get his personal take on it, or what he'd like to be in John's past.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      I'm hoping someone like Sapph will ask Joe in Vancouver what he thinks John's back story is. It'd be interesting to get his personal take on it, or what he'd like to be in John's past.
                      oohhh that is a good point!!!!! i would like to know as well!!!!!
                      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

And the new avatar, much as I love it, may have to go. I love that shot, but it reminds me of Spygate for some reason, and makes me want to write my Mr. and Mrs. Smith knockoff. And I really don't need another fic on my plate right now.
                        *puts plotbunnies in the post*

Spygate! *las*... I check it everyday but alas...no new ficcies. Langford U too...any new fics in the lineup for that?
                        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                          *puts plotbunnies in the post*

Spygate! *las*... I check it everyday but alas...no new ficcies. Langford U too...any new fics in the lineup for that?
                          I have another really, really long fic coming up eventually for Spygate – I think the reason that fics there are infrequent is because it's action-oriented and thus considerably more involved to write than random fluff.

But I do have another Langford fic up my sleeve. Hopefully I'll get it written this week. (And yes, both these fic ideas are Shep/Weir. )
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            I'd agree with you on that one.
                            Spoiler:
                            It was probably a line intended to show how much trouble Weir was having with the issues she's dealing with. More something to foreshadow her questioning her position than having a drug problem
                            Yeah I'm hoping
                            Spoiler:
                            its just the foreshadowing of her questioning her position. Or maybe they just tossed that in there to show she's human and her recent decisions are weighing heavily on her mind.

I personally don't want to see an addiction story line. Then we'd have poor Lizzie the druggie. I think Beckett would probably be monitoring how much of the sedatives he's giving her, so he should know when to stop giving them to her before she'd get close to being addicted to them.

EDIT: Yay, I just reached 100 posts. It may not seem like a lot compared to how many posts you've all got, but I think the most posts I've ever had on a board before was around 30. I usually don't like to chime in with my opinion, but I find it really easy to do that here .

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                              Yeah I'm hoping
                              Spoiler:
                              its just the foreshadowing of her questioning her position. Or maybe they just tossed that in there to show she's human and her recent decisions are weighing heavily on her mind.

I personally don't want to see an addiction story line. Then we'd have poor Lizzie the druggie. I think Beckett would probably be monitoring how much of the sedatives he's giving her, so he should know when to stop giving them to her before she'd get close to being addicted to them.
                              You make a good point.
                              Spoiler:
                              Stargate tends to be pretty lite when it comes to the darker aspects of life. We've seen Daniel undergo withdrawal from the sarcophagus and that was just... *shivers* Dang, Michael Shanks is a great actor.

Then there's also Super!Ford and his constant dependence on the Wraith enzyme. If you count that, then we've already had our druggie on Atlantis. No need to put Lizzie through that sort of horrible stuff. She's got enough on her plate.

Given all of that, I figure it's most likely a line just to foreshadow the coming struggle we'll see with Lizzie in regards to the difficult decisions that she's had to make over the past two years. When I started talking about it last night, I was half asleep and in a paranoid mood.
                              I consoled myself this morning by making some Lizzie icons.

Originally posted by GateByte
                              EDIT: Yay, I just reached 100 posts. It may not seem like a lot compared to how many posts you've all got, but I think the most posts I've ever had on a board before was around 30. I usually don't like to chime in with my opinion, but I find it really easy to do that here .
                              *grins* Congrats on making 100 posts!

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
                              In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

*starting to feel like a mod*

Okay, can I say something? The hostility in this thread (and I do think the term "hostility" applies) sometime surprises me. We're usually such laid-back calm, happy-go-lucky people. I don't like it when our intelligent and thoughtful posts are interrupted with the negative vibes I've been seeing lately sprouted at any unfortunate newbie that slips up. When I first came here, one of my first posts was defending Teyla to the group. It was handled nicely, and we had a couple of long pages worth of discussion. I fear, however, if I had come to GW just now and attempted to do the same thing in this present climate, I would have been vilified and labeled a "sock." Without any proof, or true justification, I don't think it's fair for people toss around that derojetory label. Not *everybody* is a sock, and I highly doubt that any body here truely believes we have influx of 5+ socks every month (and that's about the rate our accusations run). We may have one or two (and I strongly disagree about one of those), but at least there, you weren't blindly making the accusation. Now, a hair-trigger will cause an avalance of "Oh God, not another sock!" responses.

I go in and out of the S/T thread all the time, and I have never once faced the hostility in that thread that I have seen here. They're newbies, and maybe they don't know the way around. Maybe they need some guidance? I know I did. I made a lot of mistakes here when I first posted, and you guys welcomed me with open arms anyway. What happened to that?

*feels horrible for calling this thread hostile*

*goes to wash mouth with soap*
                                Hmmm It happens too often to be coincidental I think. However, that's just my opinion. Plus I don't think it's particularly helpful to start comparing threads. But again, my opinion.

I've also posted in the S/T thread, but I hope, that I've always been careful to post something that's appropriate. I take care with my posts. Seems that this person didn't do that. I wish that people would read the first post before writing to the thread! And take heed.

I also don't post in S/T thread and promote S/W by the back way either, which is what happened here. Not a sock perhaps, but that doesn't make it better.
                                Last edited by astronomicalchick; 19 February 2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X