Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizengamot
    lol! yay! I noticed afterwards I babbled incoherently! But someone got it and that is all that matters!! That part in Hide and Seek is by far in my top 5 favorite moments!! I mean look at it!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...vyme123/08.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...3/PDVD_051.jpg
    Babbling is understandable! Anyway, you were babbling was what I was thinking, and that made it easier!

Great piccies! Definitely one of my favourite moments too.
    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Heehee! Wasn't that the first of Elizabeth's "I work with four-year-olds" moments?

Such a great scene. I really need to watch that one again, because I've forgotten most of it.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Heehee! Wasn't that the first of Elizabeth's "I work with four-year-olds" moments?

Such a great scene. I really need to watch that one again, because I've forgotten most of it.
        Yep I think it is LOL!! I love that scene...haven't seen it for a while - but how she's telling Grodin that Sheppard's busy with the safety & security of Atlantis

And walks in on him pushing McKay off a balcony!! LMAO!

I love them!!! So...*can't think of a word*...such a strange friendship between all of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Hmmm... almost makes me want to watch seven so I can catch a glimpse of this ad.

I have a weird thing for promos and trailers. I taped all the BSG eps even though I've already seen them so I can watch the 'next week'... Was it a short ad? What kind of music did they use?
          It was like...10 seconds LOL!! They didn't really show much, just a pan from the ocean surface down to the city sitting on the bottom and then a voicover saying "for thousands of years man have searched for one city" or something and then McKay's voice saying something about "we really did it" and then its like slooow typing across the screening saying "A T L A N T I S" and then "coming soon"

Hehe!! *thought it was cool*

Oh and you should go and check out TV Week, you can tell the person who wrote the small little review on page 50 is NOT a Stargate fan LOL!! They talk about "codes" that take them to other planets...and apparently Sheppard falls for Teyla *grumbles seomthing but laughs @ the same time*

*is soo excited* yay!! I get to watch all the ship moments over again in great quality

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
            Oh and you should go and check out TV Week, you can tell the person who wrote the small little review on page 50 is NOT a Stargate fan LOL!! They talk about "codes" that take them to other planets...and apparently Sheppard falls for Teyla *grumbles seomthing but laughs @ the same time*
            They mean like Sheppard Falls down right? Because he does fall a couple times in the series . And Teyla just happens to be around because they are out on missions together, and he falls down once because someone kind of thwacks him to the floor on "The Gift"
            ~Athena

Comment

Yeah, the closest I'm getting is that he fell down behind Teyla.

Yay, GW's back!
              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Hopefully, my muse is now satisfied and will let me sleep.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2316344/1/

Stupid ff.net keeps chewing up my scene breaks for some reason.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  They mean like Sheppard Falls down right? Because he does fall a couple times in the series . And Teyla just happens to be around because they are out on missions together, and he falls down once because someone kind of thwacks him to the floor on "The Gift"
                  Oh that must've been what they meant

Originally posted by Hatcheter

You need to write more now!! !!

And I hate ff.net formatting!! It won't let me use *** as a scene break, which means I have to go through and write "LINE HERE" and then ad the lines in after I've uploaded it!! *rolls eyes*

But so worth it to be able to read and write fan fic

Comment

OK I just had to come back and recommend this fic:

Quiet Riot - Angel Leviathan

It's shaping up to be a really good, but angsty & sorta dark, fic...

Comment

What I really noticed in Seige I (haven't seen II) - when Sheppard and Ford go to Teyla's room to confront her about the injured Bates. .she calls Sheppard "Major", as usual, HOWEVER, she calls Ford, "Aiden" (in a soft, friendly way).

Just fuels the fire that TPTB moved away from Shep/Teyla and were "testing" Ford/Teyla.

Dang. .it is tough to catch up when I haven't been here since last week!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I noticed that part as well. She was on a different term with Ford than she was with Sheppard. Here's hoping the ship will go in that direction.
                        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          What I really noticed in Seige I (haven't seen II) - when Sheppard and Ford go to Teyla's room to confront her about the injured Bates. .she calls Sheppard "Major", as usual, HOWEVER, she calls Ford, "Aiden" (in a soft, friendly way).

Just fuels the fire that TPTB moved away from Shep/Teyla and were "testing" Ford/Teyla.

Dang. .it is tough to catch up when I haven't been here since last week!
                          I noticed that too. I don't necessarily think that they're trying to push Ford/Teyla, but it did seem like they were trying to distance the audience from Sheppard/Teyla. At the very least, they're showing that Teyla and Ford are friends, and that she and Sheppard aren't near that level. Teyla and Ford are far more evenly matched. I know we've talked a lot about Sheppard's maturity in regard to Weir, but if you look at him in comparison to Teyla, there's no contest. He's the one who's got the experience, the one who's made the tough choices before. In that respect he's much closer to Weir's "age" than to Teyla's. Sheppard is just far too dominant for her, even for a strong friendship to form.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

It does it to me all the time too!! Sometimes I miss a Line break and I have go and change the format again. *head desk*
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              I noticed that too. I don't necessarily think that they're trying to push Ford/Teyla, but it did seem like they were trying to distance the audience from Sheppard/Teyla. At the very least, they're showing that Teyla and Ford are friends, and that she and Sheppard aren't near that level. Teyla and Ford are far more evenly matched. I know we've talked a lot about Sheppard's maturity in regard to Weir, but if you look at him in comparison to Teyla, there's no contest. He's the one who's got the experience, the one who's made the tough choices before. In that respect he's much closer to Weir's "age" than to Teyla's. Sheppard is just far too dominant for her, even for a strong friendship to form.
                              Yup I noticed that immediately too.

I agree that Ford and Teyla are more matched in age and experience. I can see Ford sort of hanging out with Teyla, while Teyla still sees Sheppard as her commanding officer, despite the arguement/conflic in "Letters from Pegasus".

Once you think about it...I can't really see Sheppard holding a casual conversation with Teyla. He might just give up after her tenth question about "what is a ...."

At leastr with Weir, she knows all the Earth jargon and she can join along.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Yup I noticed that immediately too.

I agree that Ford and Teyla are more matched in age and experience. I can see Ford sort of hanging out with Teyla, while Teyla still sees Sheppard as her commanding officer, despite the arguement/conflic in "Letters from Pegasus".
                                I've only seen a couple episodes, but I could definitely buy Ford and Teyla hanging out together. They do seem like they could become friends easily. They're of similar ages, have some interests in common, and neither would mind that the other isn't always the sharpest crayon in the box. Was that last one out loud?

Once you think about it...I can't really see Sheppard holding a casual conversation with Teyla. He might just give up after her tenth question about "what is a ...."
                                LOL I can definitely see him getting frustrated and giving up.

At least with Weir, she knows all the Earth jargon and she can join along.
                                Agreed. There's a better balance of personality and experience there in my book. It's not hard to imagine them having casual conversations. They might not agree on everything, but there'd be no lack of topics to discuss.
                                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X