No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh you girls amuse me and make me happy!
    Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
      ahh you girls amuse me and make me happy!
      Well...there is nothing like Sheppard and Weir to distract us from doing what we should be doing.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
        Well...there is nothing like Sheppard and Weir to distract us from doing what we should be doing.
        Hey Hey Hey!! Not cool!! lol!!! It's not my fault that they are preventing me from doing my work. I mean, look at them!!

Even McKay is distracted!

EDIT: haha, I did the opposite as I did before. used <src> instead of [img]
        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Persephone love the video

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
            Hey Hey Hey!! Not cool!! lol!!! It's not my fault that they are preventing me from doing my work. I mean, look at them!!

Even McKay is distracted!

EDIT: haha, I did the opposite as I did before. used <src> instead of [img]
            LOL...I guess we are just a bunch of confused and easily distracted people.

*points up* Just look at Rodney!
            ~Athena

Comment

Im a little late on this discussion, I know. So now that im here, here's my oppinion.

I think all good scifi should have and underlying romantic relationship (or at least a close friendship). I mean, let's see you try to imagine SG-1 without J/S. Think of all the little moments and whole episodes that would have never existed. And, I don't care if the whole thing is seriously cliched. Im like Jack, I like cliches. It's nice to have something familiar.

So I think Atlantis has to have some deeper relationships or it will end up just another adventure show about saving the Pegasus galaxy and gaining lots of really great knowledge. Not that that stuff isn't good, too.

I just love the idea of them together. They've got great chemistry. But I do hope they keep it slow and subtle cause if we want a long running show, you can't develop something like that in the first seasons. It would be like getting what Jack and Sam have in 3 years intstead of 8.

In a few words, Im a big fan of this ship.
              Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
              My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Glad you found the thread! And welcome La'rosh!

It's never too late for discussions here. Sometimes we stray off with captions and stuff, but we are always ready for discussions!

I definately agree that relationships are an important part of the storylines. If the characters didn't care about each other, what would the point of them risking their lives for each other? I think the relationships between all the characters help give a push to the main storyline of discovering and unlocking the secrets of Atlantis and the Ancients.

It just happens that Sheppard and Weir, have great chemistry that comes across as being one of the relationship/friendship that you can see developing over time. Even from the start of the season to the end, we see their relationship growing, and that they understand each other on many levels. Such as in "The Siege II"
                Spoiler:
                Elizabeth knows that she has to let John go on the suicide mission, because it's their job to protect Earth, despite the fact that she doesn't want him to do it. And John knows it too because he says the "And you know it" line.

I definately would prefer them to keep the ship slow and subtle as well, because if ship takes over a show that is categoried as action/adventure...it is no longer the action/adventure it was meant to be and instead sounds like a soap opera... And we don't want to go there again.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  Persephone, I loved that vid! It was seamless. I didn't realise there were so many S/W moments from Rising.. I'll have to go back and watch. But I really enjoyed it. Thanks for making it and posting it!
                  Yeah, it was great! Thanks for sharing!

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Welcome!!!!!!!!

I agree!! Slow is good! Otherwise they have to do stupid drama like bringing in space babes for Sheppard to get entranced by and Weir to get jealous of and then all fans are like "*headwall* Isn't One Tree Hill on WB, not SciFi?!" and the actors are like "I didn't know that I signed on to the OC" and TPTB are like "Why aren't I making that much money?" The end.

LoL, but I don't want it to take too long, because then it gets really old and you are like "are you serious?! It's been 15 years. I've since mothered four children and fought in 2 wars- kiss already!!"

And now I am getting ridiculous. But the point being, I say 6 years. 5-6 years. because you don't want it to be like SG-1 where after 8 years they are getting together (maybe) but then right as they do, one of the actors leaves the show so you don't even get to see anything. I love to imagine stuff, but after a while I just want them to tell me what those looks and conversations really mean.

You know?
                      Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Welcome, La'rosh! Glad you found us.

I have to admit that I'm probably the only person here who doesn't think that established relationships mean the death of the show. The trick is to do it well. What killed Jack/Sam for me, and for a lot of people, was the fact that the writers weren't consistent with it. It was there, and then it wasn't. They kept it in the room, and then dragged it out again. They wrote themselves into a corner when they introduced Pete, because then they had to resolve things somehow.

I say they let this relationship develop as it has thus far. Let us see the profound relief when certain death doesn't come after all. How about some more scenes where they're just being John and Elizabeth, and acting like friends? I think most everyone here thinks that one of the best Sheppard/Weir moments of the season is the first balcony scene of "Before I Sleep", where it's friendly and fun, and just a little flirty. More off-the-clock interaction for them would be good.

But if and when the tension resolves and a relationship starts, it doesn't have to be the focus of the show. A lot of fans objected to Sam/Jack because there was suddenly an entire episode devoted to it, when they didn't want romance in their sci-fi (though there are some non-Sam/Jack shippers who objected on other grounds). Still others objected to Pete for similar reasons. Sheppard/Weir should just be part of the show, not some old trick they drag out when they've run low on ideas for a season. I think that dragging the tension out for eight years is a bad idea — after all, when you hold a thread taut for that long, it tends to stretch, and it's no longer tense at all. It's just there.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Hello!

This is my first time in a shipper thread! So I'll tread softly and try not to disturb anyone.

I love the chemistry between Shep/Weir. Especially at the end of The Eye. My other favourite moment would be at the end of the Seige part II.

Persephone: Loved the vid! It was sooo well made!
                          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            I have to admit that I'm probably the only person here who doesn't think that established relationships mean the death of the show. The trick is to do it well. What killed Jack/Sam for me, and for a lot of people, was the fact that the writers weren't consistent with it. It was there, and then it wasn't. They kept it in the room, and then dragged it out again. They wrote themselves into a corner when they introduced Pete, because then they had to resolve things somehow.
                            I agree. I think that is what killed Jack/Sam for me also. I got sick of the 'yes there are feelings', 'no there aren't'. The whole flip-floping gave me a head ache. A friend of mine who isn't a shipper, felt like the TPTB were hitting us over the head with Jack and Sam, but later they stick Pete in as a very obviously bad plot device, just to drag the UST out for another season. And then they get rid of Pete like a hot potatoe. Made me almost feel bad for his character. But Pete was such a badly develop character that I'm glad he's gone.

Anyways enough of that...

Welcome to the thread Buggy! I see you ventured out of the Thunk thread and found us
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                              Welcome to the thread Buggy! I see you ventured out of the Thunk thread and found us
                              I did indeed! Followed your link as a matter of fact...

I kinda liked Pete. He made Sam happy, and those scenes in Chimera made me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Jack and Sam together, but I felt so bad for poor Pete.
                              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                                I did indeed! Followed your link as a matter of fact...

I kinda liked Pete. He made Sam happy, and those scenes in Chimera made me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Jack and Sam together, but I felt so bad for poor Pete.
                                Yeah the end of thread... I did feel really bad!!

I am always like "CMON GUSY GET TOGETHER!" Then on some of my silly shows they got together at the end of the 1st season and it was great til they messed up the relationships and made like a married women run off with a guitar player and crap. If it comes together quickly I will NOT complain!! But if they get together they best stick together! I don't want any of that lets break them up to make the show more interesting!!!

On Alias, though lets not mention the horrid last season, I don't think they threw Sydney/Vaughn down our throats (again, lets not mention the-season-that-must-not-be-named) and they got together 2 season. I really liked that. They are together now and they do have relationship episodes and stuff but the show now isn't centered around it. I agree after careful consideration, it will work.

And after watching 38 minutes a couple of minutes ago... I wanna know what he was going to say!!!! ;D
                                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Working...
                                X