X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vixen
    Heh, when I came to this pic, "Hot Stuff" started playing on the
    radio.
    Very appropiate since they are teh hot and teh pretty .

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Teyla's name, in an early draft of Rising, was originally Mikala. But the script of Lost City (where Elizabeth was introduced) went through several drafts, as I understand it, so the name Teresa Wright was probably abandoned a long time ago. I believe it went from Teresa Wright to Teresa Weir to Elizabeth Weir. Maybe Elizabeth's full name is Elizabeth Teresa Weir.

I believe the most common nickname for Teresa is Tess, though I've known a few who went by Tessa as well.
      Yeah, I remember when the show first started, I kept thinking her first name was Teresa, and I had no idea where I was getting that from. It took a long time before I realized that I had seen that name used online before Lost City aired, and it had stuck in my head.

As for the name Tessa... well, the last Tessa I knew was a walrus... (albeit a really, really cute little baby walrus who blew raspberries at me every day...)
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I've also seen her year of birth listed as 1967 and 1970. IMDB has user-submitted data lots of times, so it's not the most reliable source in the world. As far as I know, none of those dates have been confirmed. But yes, Torri's right around Joe's age, if not a couple years younger.

As characters go, Weir would be 36 in Season 2 (based on the character bios from last season), and Sheppard would be at least 38 (given how promotions in the US military work). I've never quite understood the confusion on Weir's age... unless people are remembering when, before the pilot of Atlantis was even written, Weir was a blonde woman in her forties, and named Teresa Wright.
        I've never really cared much about the Weir age issue, if she is fourty, then i wish i'd look *that* good when i'm fourty, and if she's 36, then i'm just six years from being that age, and i *REALLY* wish i looked that good, and sexy, and hot .
        Last edited by Luz; 04 February 2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
          Yeah, I remember when the show first started, I kept thinking her first name was Teresa, and I had no idea where I was getting that from. It took a long time before I realized that I had seen that name used online before Lost City aired, and it had stuck in my head.

As for the name Tessa... well, the last Tessa I knew was a walrus... (albeit a really, really cute little baby walrus who blew raspberries at me every day...)
          Heh, the last Tessa I knew lived down the hall from me. She was not a walrus, but was rather adorable.

And Luz, I'll agree – the age thing is kind of irrelevant. Well, it'd be rather annoying if they tried to tell us that Sheppard was 30 and being promoted to lieutenant colonel, as that simply wouldn't happen, but otherwise it doesn't really matter much.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Heh, the last Tessa I knew lived down the hall from me. She was not a walrus, but was rather adorable.
            OK, i cave, what is a walrus? .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
              OK, i cave, what is a walrus? .
              Tessa the walrus!!

ETA: she was even tinier and cuter than that when she first arrived!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                Tessa the walrus!!

ETA: she was even tinier and cuter than that when she first arrived!
                Oh, so you mean a walrus, literarily speaking?, i thought it was some sort of expression.
                And yeah, she's cute .

Comment

oh my... I'm so glad they went with Elizabeth Weir.. it just stands out and sooo.. uh.. well, a name for a leader in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    oh my... I'm so glad they went with Elizabeth Weir.. it just stands out and sooo.. uh.. well, a name for a leader in my opinion.
                    Uhmm, i was thinking if she had been named Teresa, we would be talking about how much we love our Tessa, and how Sparky is the "Right" ship, or maybe we wouldn't even be called the Sparky.
                    However, i remember once a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away, LOL) on a book fair Gabo was talking about Love in The Time of Cholera, and how he didn't feel his characters were acting like themselves until he wrote them as Fermina, and Florentino. Sooo, maybe Elizabeth would be a completely different character if she was named Teresa, or maybe tptb wouldn't even have been able to write her with any other name that wasn't Elizabeth Weir.

Comment

Personally, either Elizabeth or Teresa would have been fine. The name makes absolutely no difference for me - for Pete's sakes, I liked "Buffy," didn't I?!!! It's all about the characterization.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                        Personally, either Elizabeth or Teresa would have been fine. The name makes absolutely no difference for me - for Pete's sakes, I liked "Buffy," didn't I?!!! It's all about the characterization.
                        *snort* heh, you said "Buffy" and that only makes sense to me cos I'm on a 'Firefly' marathon as we speak... type.

So I gather that I can skip the first forty-two minutes of 'The Tower' and not be lost on anything Good to know. And yeah, age ain't nothin' but a number.
                        ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

I've also seen her year of birth listed as 1967 and 1970. IMDB has user-submitted data lots of times, so it's not the most reliable source in the world. As far as I know, none of those dates have been confirmed. But yes, Torri's right around Joe's age, if not a couple years younger.
                          This is off-topic, but I wanted to make a quick comment about IMDB and ages. I've noticed, in the last couple of days, that other actors for SG, who previously had no year mentioned, suddenly have their birth years noted at IMDB. Teryl Rothery and Amanda Tapping are two of them (interestingly, both also turned 40 at the end of last year).

I use IMDB in reference to website research, but the problem I have with them is that they seem to take any year submitted to them. However, if it is incorrect and you try to correct it, you have to submit proof, and it has to be on the internet, that it is incorrect. Otherwise, the date stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody
                            This is off-topic, but I wanted to make a quick comment about IMDB and ages. I've noticed, in the last couple of days, that other actors for SG, who previously had no year mentioned, suddenly have their birth years noted at IMDB. Teryl Rothery and Amanda Tapping are two of them (interestingly, both also turned 40 at the end of last year).

I use IMDB in reference to website research, but the problem I have with them is that they seem to take any year submitted to them. However, if it is incorrect and you try to correct it, you have to submit proof, and it has to be on the internet, that it is incorrect. Otherwise, the date stays.
                            Too true. I remember how Gillian Anderson's birth year was incorrect on there for years, despite the fact that many, many X-Files fans kept sending in corrections. It took them at least 2-3 years to change it!

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                              So I gather that I can skip the first forty-two minutes of 'The Tower' and not be lost on anything Good to know. And yeah, age ain't nothin' but a number.
                              Catch it when it comes out on DVD. The only decent part is at the end on the balcony between them. The rest of the episode is typical, middle-season mediocre filler that generally pops up right before the start of the February (or November) ratings "sweeps" where they put the best episodes of the season. Hence TLG and "Coup D'etat" and "Michael" being shown in February.

Personally, I always wonder if Sheppard knows Elizabeth is on the balcony, if he sees she's not in her office, or if he asks where she is the moment he comes through the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody

Personally, I always wonder if Sheppard knows Elizabeth is on the balcony, if he sees she's not in her office, or if he asks where she is the moment he comes through the gate?
                                that is a good point... i think that he already knows where she is... they know each other very well!!!!!!!!!
                                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Working...
                                X