Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicky

Didn't know about this Teresa but thank god, they chose Elizabeth at the end!
    I have Aunts by both names, probably shouldn't comment ;-)

So I'll comment on Wright vs Weir instead. I prefer Weir, it's more unusual and interesting sounding...

Of course if they had called her Teresa Wright, we'd still be here (only in our Sheppard/Wright Ship thread) and we'd still love her :-) "A rose, by any other name" and all that .... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      Okay, this might only be funny to me, but if they kept the name Teresa Wright... That means Doctor Weir would have been Doctor "Right"/Wright.
      LOL! Say Teresa Wright out loud. It sounds like "Trees are right", which is more funny considering the whole 'every planet has trees' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
        LOL! Say Teresa Wright out loud. It sounds like "Trees are right", which is more funny considering the whole 'every planet has trees' thing.
        LOL!

@Harri: of course would we still love her and ship for Sparky! Consider Shep as Mr. 'Right'...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
          @Harri: of course would we still love her and ship for Sparky! Consider Shep as Mr. 'Right'...
          Hahaha! Love it!

Comment

The Tower ending:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

LOL! I doubt there would have been much discussion as to whether or not the ship should be called 'Shwright' - clearly "Right" would have been an obvious name - and oh so fitting :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                In this one, she looks like she's about to burst out laughing :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  The Tower ending:

[center]
                  John: And I got the girl."
                  Liz: You got the girl?

John: *Mentally smacks self* But I turned her down.
                  Liz: I thought so.

Love John's expression in the second pic btw!

Comment

Originally posted by Harri
                    In this one, she looks like she's about to burst out laughing :-D
                    Well you know, Lizzie is a member of STAKS and she just can't hold back when Shep tells her he
                    Spoiler:
                    turned the girl down
                    sigpic

Comment

Why do they always need to change names? Kathryn Janeway from Voyager was supposed to be an Elisabeth Janeway before but then they changed it.
                      Must be fun choosing names for a new show. Especially the 'alien' names.
                      Teyla's name, in an early draft of Rising, was originally Mikala. But the script of Lost City (where Elizabeth was introduced) went through several drafts, as I understand it, so the name Teresa Wright was probably abandoned a long time ago. I believe it went from Teresa Wright to Teresa Weir to Elizabeth Weir. Maybe Elizabeth's full name is Elizabeth Teresa Weir.

But yes, thank the lord it's 'Elizabeth' now. Think about the nicks. Resa?
                      I believe the most common nickname for Teresa is Tess, though I've known a few who went by Tessa as well.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        Teyla's name, in an early draft of Rising, was originally Mikala. But the script of Lost City (where Elizabeth was introduced) went through several drafts, as I understand it, so the name Teresa Wright was probably abandoned a long time ago. I believe it went from Teresa Wright to Teresa Weir to Elizabeth Weir. Maybe Elizabeth's full name is Elizabeth Teresa Weir.

I believe the most common nickname for Teresa is Tess, though I've known a few who went by Tessa as well.
                        I had a friend who just went by "T". I don't remember how it started, but it stuck.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          LOL, but the mention of trees reminds of that chant we use to say when we were kids.

"[insert name] and [insert name] sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes a baby in a baby carriage."

So presently it would be John and Elizabeth of course.

*is feeling very random today*
                          ~Athena

Comment

Quick post today. There is currently a wind storm going on and the power could go out at any time...

I missed The Tower last night. I was going to watch it at midnight (nine was family time) and the cable went out ONE MINUTE before it came on. I am SO not joking!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who read my fic!

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                              Heh, when I came to this pic, "Hot Stuff" started playing on the
                              radio.

Welcome, Ruined_puzzle!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                                Quick post today. There is currently a wind storm going on and the power could go out at any time...

I missed The Tower last night. I was going to watch it at midnight (nine was family time) and the cable went out ONE MINUTE before it came on. I am SO not joking!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who read my fic!
                                LOL! My satellite went out period! So even if I was tempted to watch, I couldn't. But I did other more better things than watched "Tower".
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X