Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    But then, he says he's had enough and isn't watching the rest of the season.
    noooo the rest of the season is awesome!
    I'm just forgetting I ever saw this episode. On to next week!
    yeah forget this ep...every show has a really bad one. The Long Goodbye was awesome you both will love it!

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
      There was a subplot? Rats. Sometimes the subplots should be the main plots.
      Yup. Elizabeth had some sort of political/diplomatic thing going in this episode when the casting sides were put out.

(Epiphany also had a radical departure from the initial concept of the episode – namely, the flashbacks to the Afghanistan incident, when Sheppard got the black mark on his record.)

Of course, if you give me a choice between babe of the week and politics and/or character development, I'll take the politics and/or character development any day of the week. Compounding the babe of the week with the aforementioned agrarians with tech plot just makes it worse for me – they're my least favorite sci-fi plots, and Atlantis has managed to stick them together in two episodes so far. Makes me cranky.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        noooo the rest of the season is awesome!

yeah forget this ep...every show has a really bad one. The Long Goodbye was awesome you both will love it!
        Definately, the rest of the season is much much much better. Besides next week "The Long Goodbye"!!
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Yup. Elizabeth had some sort of political/diplomatic thing going in this episode when the casting sides were put out.

(Epiphany also had a radical departure from the initial concept of the episode – namely, the flashbacks to the Afghanistan incident, when Sheppard got the black mark on his record.)

Of course, if you give me a choice between babe of the week and politics and/or character development, I'll take the politics and/or character development any day of the week. Compounding the babe of the week with the aforementioned agrarians with tech plot just makes it worse for me – they're my least favorite sci-fi plots, and Atlantis has managed to stick them together in two episodes so far. Makes me cranky.
          I'd go for character development over airhead of the week as well, but that's just me.

On a random note: This whole week everytime the Promo for "The Tower" aired, my dad would switch channels or turn off the TV. And I haven't told him about my dislike for the episode. At first I thought it was a coincidence that he switched the channel on the add, but he did it again a few hours later. It just amused me.

Even though I've seen "TLG" already, I'm excited to see it again.
          ~Athena

Comment

I was so annoyed that Elizabeth had like a total of 5 minutes in this episode!!
            Considering the episode's quality and ability to make characters act annoying, I think that's a good thing.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
            Spoiler:
            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
              Considering the episode's quality and ability to make characters act annoying, I think that's a good thing.
              oh! yeah you're right I would NOT want to be annoyed by Liz!

speaking of SGA TV-ads.. has anyone seen the one for TLG? Is it good? I haven't seen it.. I completely skipped SGA today.. lol
              But I did watch "The Tower" ad for the first time today!! That was so complerely stupid for Sci Fi channel to do! "He's a babe magnet!" what have they hired 13 y.o. hormone driven boys to make ads???

Comment

speaking of SGA TV-ads.. has anyone seen the one for TLG? Is it good? I haven't seen it.. I completely skipped SGA today.. lol
                But I did watch "The Tower" ad for the first time today!! That was so complerely stupid for Sci Fi channel to do! "He's a babe magnet!" what have they hired 13 y.o. hormone driven boys to make ads???
                Spoiler:
                Well, it contained the kiss. Made it pretty clear that it was alien-induced, but I'm still terribly amused that they're using this kiss in promos.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I skipped it too.

But you can check out the promo on Scifi.com

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

And I think you'll be happy. It just looks awesome.
                  ~Athena

Comment

TLG promo! I think I may have to watch that part again.

Comment

Thanks!
                      OMG! That promo is just fabulous!!!
                      I've lost count how many times I watched TLG...but I'm still excited

Comment

Thanks!
                        No kidding! I don't even know how many times I looped a couple scenes over and over again. And I'm still giddy thinking about it airing next week.

TLG is definately one of my favorites for this season.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Thanks!
                          Ditto! That's one that I like to put on and watch while I doodle! Hmmm... maybe I should do that now...
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Hey there,
                            I had a question, in which part of The Siege does Liz hugs John???
                            I don't know anymore and it's driving me crazy!!!
                            My fav from season 2 is TLG.
                            Love that ep and loveeeeeeeee Liz
                            Spoiler:
                            like that *even if it wasn't really her*

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              Hey there,
                              I had a question, in which part of The Siege does Liz hugs John???
                              I don't know anymore and it's driving me crazy!!!
                              Thank you!!!
                              It's from "The Siege Pt. 3," first episode of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody
                                It's from "The Siege Pt. 3," first episode of the season.
                                Doh!!!
                                Thank you, I've just got the season 1 DVD's box and I hoped it was in one of the two first parts!!!
                                Guess I will have to wait then...
                                *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X