Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    *LOL* You know me too well!

My take? This was the absolute WORST piece of crap I have ever seen in the Stargate universe. Droops says the best thing about it was Ronon slitting that dude's throat. Should I stop there?
    You're kidding! The Tower lasted only for two minutes!! I think TPTB forgot to put the rest in

*awesome SG-1 today imo
    OMG OMG OMG The Long Goodbye next week!!!

Comment

*LOL* You know me too well!

My take? This was the absolute WORST piece of crap I have ever seen in the Stargate universe. Droops says the best thing about it was Ronon slitting that dude's throat. Should I stop there?
      I couldn't say it any better... I was really ashame for TPTB, seriously. But
      Spoiler:
      The sparky scene at the end was the second best thing after the killing...
      *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
      Je me souviens

Comment

Why was this such a horrible episode? I liked it. Someone please break down the horror so I can understand. Right now all I'm hearing is that it sucked because Sheppard kissed a girl. Prove me wrong!!
        I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
          Why was this such a horrible episode? I liked it. Someone please break down the horror so I can understand. Right now all I'm hearing is that it sucked because Sheppard kissed a girl. Prove me wrong!!
          Spoiler:
          It's not that he kissed the girl.........or got seduced...lol
          It's that she was like...16!! A frikkin' alien prom queen!!! And the man is like 40! And they knew each other for like two hours and the next thing you know, she's naked!
          And besides! He's got Elizabeth! He doesn't need any alien princesses!
          Last edited by Erised; 03 February 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I liked a lot more than I thought I would. The scene with Shep and
            Spoiler:
            princess I thought shep was a bit too eager until she said what she really wanted from him. That was a little jarring for me because he seemed a little ooc.

Comment

Well unfortunatly it's the wrong thread to explain why I hate the ep though I'd love to take point by point. It was full of clichés, the plot was weak and foreseeable, the characters were OOC, stupid and careless. The kirking thing is just a thing among tons of others. But that's stays a matter of point of view of course.

My point is, the only scene which saved (not really but still) the ep is the last one. It was a bit of cutness in the middle of a big crap
              *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
              Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                I couldn't say it any better... I was really ashame for TPTB, seriously. But
                Spoiler:
                The sparky scene at the end was the second best thing after the killing...
                I honestly didn't see any Sparky on the balcony (other than they were ON the balcony).
                Spoiler:
                He was denying that he "got the girl", but he wasn't looking Weir in the eye - he had his face turned away, as if ashamed, or lying. If he really tossed out a nekkid chick, I would see him acting differently. Very, very disappointed in this character. This episode made him look like a sleeze to me. The whole episode was just poorly done and even Rodney got on my nerves.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

...My biggest problem with the episode was that I thought it was horribly unoriginal. Yeah, I take issue with some of Sheppard's behavior, but that wasn't all I disliked. The whole early-agrarian-society-has-a-weapon-far-beyond-their-technology-level plot has been done to death in sci-fi. I'd like to see something else.

The cheerleader was really just salt on the wound. I'm actually more annoyed that, once again, a really interesting subplot was cut from an episode. This time, it was Elizabeth's. I can understand that it was probably cut because of time constraints, but that was really the only thing I was looking forward to in this episode. The rest of it was just a big yawn.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Spoiler:
                    If he really tossed out a nekkid chick, I would see him acting differently. Very, very disappointed in this character. This episode made him look like a sleeze to me. The whole episode was just
                    Spoiler:
                    That's just assumption on your part. I still didn't see him sleeping with her. "see him acting differently?" He's not real, thats the writers fault(and director's) on how he MAY have acted on the balcony. Hell, Shep can't even walk without you complaining about it.

Comment

I honestly didn't see any Sparky on the balcony (other than they were ON the balcony).
                      Spoiler:
                      He was denying that he "got the girl", but he wasn't looking Weir in the eye - he had his face turned away, as if ashamed, or lying. If he really tossed out a nekkid chick, I would see him acting differently. Very, very disappointed in this character. This episode made him look like a sleeze to me. The whole episode was just poorly done and even Rodney got on my nerves.
                      My take on that scene was
                      Spoiler:
                      that he said it without thinking about it, and was embarrassed that that was what she latched onto. I just have a hard time believing that he'd lie to Elizabeth, of all people. It's not like he's had reason to be anything but brutally honest with her in the past.
                      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I was so annoyed that Elizabeth had like a total of 5 minutes in this episode!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          ...My biggest problem with the episode was that I thought it was horribly unoriginal. Yeah, I take issue with some of Sheppard's behavior, but that wasn't all I disliked. The whole early-agrarian-society-has-a-weapon-far-beyond-their-technology-level plot has been done to death in sci-fi. I'd like to see something else.
                          I'll buy that. I had such low expectations based on what was said here that I was expecting far worse. I was kinda surprised that it held my interest the entire way through. (Granted, I was only spoiled by S/W stuff, not the rest of the plot.)

The cheerleader was really just salt on the wound. I'm actually more annoyed that, once again, a really interesting subplot was cut from an episode. This time, it was Elizabeth's. I can understand that it was probably cut because of time constraints, but that was really the only thing I was looking forward to in this episode. The rest of it was just a big yawn.
                          There was a subplot? Rats. Sometimes the subplots should be the main plots.

Spoiler:
                          I'm not particularly fond of Flake of the Week either, but this one didn't bother me. She was using him for her greater purpose. He just wanted some...yeah. He's a boy. She's a delusional girl who thinks her civilization is coming to an end. Who can blame them?

Anyway, I respect those who disliked this for the immature boy thing, but I guess I don't necessarily agree. There's no foundation with all these ladies lately, therefore no threat to my ship.
                          I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
                            Hell, Shep can't even walk without you complaining about it.
                            ...is there any chance we can maybe not have this argument in this thread again?
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

...is there any chance we can maybe not have this argument in this thread again?
                              I'm not accusing anyone of hating Shep, you people are shep/weir fans (including myself), it would be stupid to hate shep but like the ship.

Comment

My take on that scene was
                                Spoiler:
                                that he said it without thinking about it, and was embarrassed that that was what she latched onto. I just have a hard time believing that he'd lie to Elizabeth, of all people. It's not like he's had reason to be anything but brutally honest with her in the past.
                                The whole episode was "off" - Sheppard so out of character.
                                Spoiler:
                                Shep always looks Weir straight in the eye, but he didn't tonight. Hubby said "He's a liar, he can't even look at her!" - that's how he took it (a guy would know, I suppose). But then, he says he's had enough and isn't watching the rest of the season. He disliked this more than I did and it was for overall bad writing, not just the babe.

I'm just forgetting I ever saw this episode. On to next week!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X