Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
    Happy b-day!

Mel, you're right, this scene is one of the best. Love that boyish grin of his.

On the thoughts about Allies (haven't seen it for myself yet) my few cents
    Spoiler:
    I think it would be interesting for Liz' chara development to go into this addiction direction but consider what it would do to her position as a leader. She is a human being only, I know, but doing 'drugs' isn't sth you should do if you're responsible for so many lifes. Imo there wouldn't be an excuse for doing drugs. My opinion.
    I'm thinking now of a plot in the first season of West Wing, when it was revealed that the White House Chief of Staff, whose security clearance is as high as the President's, was a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. He'd been hooked on Valium, I believe. There were a lot of questions raised about his competence, even though he'd been through rehab six years earlier, but in the end, it all came down to the fact that the President trusted him. In this case, there's not a public to be outraged by something like this happening.

(Good grief, why does it always come back to West Wing for me? )

Anyway, some wild speculation for Season 3.
    Spoiler:
    We know there's some episode where something bad happens to Elizabeth. A lot of us have speculated that she's captured off-world, so what if she were captured and away from whatever sedative she's taking? If she were indeed addicted to it, which is not uncommon with sleep aids, she could potentially go through detox then. It'd be dangerous without medical supervision, but it could happen. The expedition at large wouldn't have to know about it – I'd venture a guess that only Carson and John would know everything – nor would it need to be reported to Earth that she'd been addicted to some drug.

Willfully taking some drug like heroin would be really bad, and really out of character for Elizabeth, and would certainly be grounds for ousting her from the expedition. But addiction to sleep aids is not that uncommon, and it happens to people of all walks of life, and especially those under tremendous amounts of stress.

Again, it's all wild speculation at this point. I'm just hoping there are actual spoilers about this released at some point in the near future, 'cause darn it, I want to know.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!

Some thoughts on Allies. Very rambly (and spoilery) as I wrote them while watching it:

Allies
      Spoiler:
      Okay, so when John says that this isn't what he expected to do when he woke up, it's followed by a shot of Elizabeth. My shippy brain filled in the blanks and said "This wasn't what he expected after waking up Elizabeth's bed that morning." Yeah, so not what it meant, but I didn't get enough sleep last night so that's what my brain said.

Oh, and before that, loved John telling her that she could be a bit more chatty about what's happening with the Wraith ship when it first gets there - he's worried about her. Uh huh. He IS! Well, her and all of Atlantis. Plus, it just sounded cute.

Lizzie's glance at John after he mentioned his grandkids - well, given where my brain was earlier it suddenly decided that her look meant "Oh crap! We forgot protection!" Yeah, sorry, PG now. In either case, it was very cute.

And some non-Sparky things I liked: Protective Ronon when Teyla went to see Michael (Spanky, YAY!); I thought the Wraith queen had pretty hair (pointless, yeah); Radek all cute and worried about Rodney; Carson and his moral dilemma of his work being used to kill, not to heal; Rodney flinging poor Sgt. Chuck away from the controls. And all the Ronon and Rodney interaction.

Pilot!John! In his element!

And Radek in general.

Also, for the first time I found the Wraith pretty creepy, especially the scientist guy who was talking to Carson and Radek. Thinking beings can be so much scarier than mindless eating machines, especially when you CAN'T reason with them.

Told you it was rambly.
      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Shep: "NO Elizabeth. .you did NOT tell me today was Major Fischer's birthday!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MF!!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Happy Birthday to our S/W Thread System Lord, Major Fischer!!!

Hm... it looks as though it's either I'm still in you're brain La, or you're in mine today, because those are exactly what I was thinking when I saw it last night.

So there was quite a bit of subtle Sparkiness going on. Just love the Eye!sex.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Athenaktt/lfp3.jpg

Shep: "NO Elizabeth. .you did NOT tell me today was Major Fischer's birthday!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MF!!
            Elizabeth: Well, you went to such lengths to find out mine, I just assumed you'd do the same for the system lord of this ship!

And Athena, La, when are you two not occupying the same brain? Just curious. And you've got me quite interested in seeing this episode now. Too bad it'll probably be this evening before I do. (We'll have to do a group viewing or something. )
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              And Athena, La, when are you two not occupying the same brain? Just curious. And you've got me quite interested in seeing this episode now. Too bad it'll probably be this evening before I do. (We'll have to do a group viewing or something. )
              LOL! True. We reside in each other's brain all the time. Kind of scary.

Well, you'd probably have seen the episode by the time I come online, but you can always do a group viewing with La or Blue. Besides having La is like having me around too in a way.
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Elizabeth: Well, you went to such lengths to find out mine, I just assumed you'd do the same for the system lord of this ship!

It's Sally's fault.

Yes, the eye!sex was great in this episode. More
                Spoiler:
                I'm correct in assuming that Elizabeth doesn't know how things went with the Daedalus and the hive ships at the end of the episode, right? She's only just learned about the Wraith virus from Radek (*hugs Radek*) but hasn't yet gotten the report from the Daedalus that the ships have gone and John's disappeared, yes?

So when season 3 starts ages and ages and ages from now, we should get some good Liz!Angst. I know we've been wanting John!Angst, but either way works for me at this point.

(And yes, group viewing would be fun - after Gilmore Girls. )

Comment

Yes, you are correct that
                  Spoiler:
                  Elizabeth doesn't know about what happened to Daedalus and Rodney and Ronon.

But I think she has a feeling that something had gone terribly wrong, while Radek was explaining to her what the Wraith virus did.

Yay for angst! Maybe all that angst will lead to a non-alien influenced kiss!

Especially after all that eye!sex after the "not what I expected to wake up to" and the "grandkids" comment. What else can our shippy minds think?
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Yes, you are correct that
                    Spoiler:
                    Elizabeth doesn't know about what happened to Daedalus and Rodney and Ronon.

But I think she has a feeling that something had gone terribly wrong, while Radek was explaining to her what the Wraith virus did.

Yay for angst! Maybe all that angst will lead to a non-alien influenced kiss!

Especially after all that eye!sex after the "not what I expected to wake up to" and the "grandkids" comment. What else can our shippy minds think?
                    Sorta Allies
                    Spoiler:
                    OMG angst leading to non-alien influenced kiss! Great idea! You know where'd we'd go from there... WEDDING! SPARKY BABIES!! Well, where I go when I'm feeling silly. 'Cause, yeah, not gonna happen and I probably wouldn't really want it to.

*starts planning Sparky wedding*

*mumbling* Seating charts... okay, so we don't want Cadman and Rodney at the same table, but Carson and Cadman will want to be together and I know Rodney wants to sit by Carson so... *trails off*

Comment

Happy Birthday, Major Fisher!!!!!

Thanks for all the spoilers to "Allies" you guys, I can't wait to see this episode, it sounds like a wonderful episode with some Sparky moments
                      *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
                      Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
                      Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

Happy Birthday Major Fischer!!!!

Allies was just awesome!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                        plus their was a Sparky scene when Sheppard mentioned grandchildren then the camera turned to Weir and she turned too look at him - that was so deliberate!!!!! take that sheyla's

Plus it seems that Shep and Teyla arent really getting along too good lately
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                          Sorta Allies
                          Spoiler:
                          OMG angst leading to non-alien influenced kiss! Great idea! You know where'd we'd go from there... WEDDING! SPARKY BABIES!! Well, where I go when I'm feeling silly. 'Cause, yeah, not gonna happen and I probably wouldn't really want it to.

*starts planning Sparky wedding*

*mumbling* Seating charts... okay, so we don't want Cadman and Rodney at the same table, but Carson and Cadman will want to be together and I know Rodney wants to sit by Carson so... *trails off*
                          You know... you can blame the Sparky wedding idea on either Sally... or John for mentioning
                          Spoiler:
                          grandkids
                          in the first place. Now my question is, why bother cutting to Elizabeth's reaction to what John said at all if there isn't some Sparky in there?
                          ~Athena

Comment

Happy birthday Major Fischer !!!!

Thanks to everyone who posted spoilers for all season 2.
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                              i remember gawking the firstime i saw that!!!!! i was like..."i so was not excepting that... wish and hoping..yes...expecting...no!!!!!!" definately a true shippy moment!!!!!!!!
                              My exact thoughts when I first saw the scene as she walked towards him were: *mental sigh* "If we (as in Sparklers) were writing this, she'd hug him..." And then she did! Eeee! I love it! Really need to watch that ep again, it's been too long!

Comment

*cries* I can't watch 'Allies' til hubby gets home in like an hour because he'll complain if I watch without him (the only ep I absolutely could not resist watching was TLG - I'd watched it twice by the time he got home from work ;-) ) and I'm desperately trying not too read spoilers. I don't want to ruin the impact... I've already sneaked a peak at one little tiny one, but they're calling to me and it's so hard to resist :-( *cries* Am so excited! I need to speed up time... hmm... now how could I do that...

Comment

Working...
                                X