Clear All

Originally posted by Liv
    Yes. Right.

Well, no.

Maybe.

Does that clear things up?
    Clear as muddy water.

Originally posted by Liv
    And it's once again entirely JF's and TH's fault for having such palpable chemistry. I'm thankful for the fact that "ship" has not been written into the show and I sincerely hope it stays that way, because in my eyes it makes for a much more interesting dynamic between the two of them without it being "on page". I personally think it's a very good thing that things have been kept subtle enough so that people can see their own pairing of their choosing. I CAN'T see Sheppard/Teyla or McKay/Weir and I hope I never do. It's just not there for me, nor do I want it to be.

There's just something special in the way that Sheppard/Weir interact and it doesn't NEED to be written in, it's just there anyway. I love their scenes. It's as simple as that. I want more of what we've gotten so far. I want scenes like the little wave at Weir in Rising, just before Sheppard walks through the Stargate to meet the Athosians for the first time, and I want the conflict that the same episode provides ("Major, a word") and the subsequent scene out on the balcony. I'm very happy with the conflict that the first season has provided us with because I like the fact that they are both very strong people who hold firmly in what they believe in and don't back down. Whereas I can see scenes as the ones from Hot Zone being important and beneficial to the Sheppard/Weir relationship, I can't say the same thing for the Sheppard/Teyla conflict in Letters From Pegasus. It's just a very different interaction altogether, even though there was conflict in both cases. I saw the events of HZ as ultimately letting Sheppard and Weir come to more of a personal understanding of each other and the burdens that comes with leadership, as opposed to the conflict in LFP where I saw the conflict driving more of a wedge between Sheppard and Teyla, instead of bringing them closer together in their understanding of each other.

I went back and rewatched Rising, and one of my favorite scenes between the two of them is probably their discussion in the tag scene:

Weir: “You did good, John.”
    Sheppard: “I don’t know about that.”
    Weir: “Hey; there was no way you could have saved Colonel Sumner.”
    Sheppard: “I have to live with it.”

After watching the entire first season, I'd say that this scene, in a way, set the tone for their relationship right there. It's not something I thought about the first time I saw the episode but going back, I can't help but wonder if Sheppard would have admitted to "having to live with it" to anyone else, at that point. Maybe he would, but I still loved that admission on his part in that scene.

In addition, I also want more scenes like the "Are you okay?" and the hand-holding, while running up the stairs, in The Eye. I love the opening scene in Before I Sleep, as well as the tag scene. It was very sweet without being "mushy" and I admit to that being very important to me. Those scenes are perfect examples of the characters being close to each other without the writers going off in the wrong direction. My Anti-shipper side is very sensitive to these things but no warning signals went off at all. Just the opposite, actually.
    I hate...'yeah what she said posts', but I'm going to be a hypocrite and do it anyway.

I agree with what Liv our non-shipper said.
    ~Athena

Comment

So, picture time.

I love this scene of "Before I Sleep". All through the episode, John's greatest concern isn't what they can learn from Old Weir. It's what Elizabeth is going through, watching herself as an old, dying woman. This scene, despite its brevity, was just so powerful, like so much of the episode.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Mm!! I just watched that episode! Love it! I'd like to take this moment to be obnoxious and point out that in the Gift, he was more about getting information than feeeeeeeellinnng (yes, I really did just burst out into song) I really love how old Weir responded to Sheppard and McKay arguing over how the other was worseless and died, etc. In my opinion it looked like she really missed it (although her expedition didn't really last that long)
        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Hehe I remember pointing that out to MF. And she mentioned that the both Elizabi were amused at McKay and Rodney's bickering.

Elizabi we need to use that more often!
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
            Hehe I remember pointing that out to MF. And she mentioned that the both Elizabi were amused at McKay and Rodney's bickering.

Elizabi we need to use that more often!
            Dual Elizabeths are confusing enough, we don't need two McKays confusing things further.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Dual Elizabeths are confusing enough, we don't need two McKays confusing things further.
              Though, there's a good probability that McKay is going to argue with himself at least once.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Was at a rock concert in Luna Park (that's a bit like...theme park but not thing in Melbourne & Sydney) on Monday and there was a Ferris Wheel directly behind the stage...

Do u know how distracting that was!? Kept staring at it thinking "fan fic fan fic"

So here's the fan fic:

@ LJ
                Ferris Wheel

or @ Fanfiction.net

Ferris Wheel

And now I'm off to do this thing called sleeping...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Though, there's a good probability that McKay is going to argue with himself at least once.
                  How very true.

Angel, that was very cute! Thanks for sharing.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                    Was at a rock concert in Luna Park (that's a bit like...theme park but not thing in Melbourne & Sydney) on Monday and there was a Ferris Wheel directly behind the stage...

Do u know how distracting that was!? Kept staring at it thinking "fan fic fan fic"

So here's the fan fic:

@ LJ
                    Ferris Wheel

or @ Fanfiction.net

Ferris Wheel

And now I'm off to do this thing called sleeping...

Aw this was great!

Everyone go off and read!

Comment

Thanks for giving me a "push" Astro. . ."Ferris Wheel" is pretty darn good.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

LOL...Oops major typo!...That's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep.

I meant Sheppard and McKay...but you guys knew that.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Yeah, but wouldn't a McKay clone story be interesting? He could hit on women with twice the efficiency!

...yeah, so, um, Siege I tomorrow.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I didn't know. I was totally confused and disoriented. Possibly even offended.

So, anyway, Strange Bedfellows is complete. With a nicely WAFFy final chapter, to boot.

a time to mourn

Comment

I didn't know. I was totally confused and disoriented. Possibly even offended.

So, anyway, Strange Bedfellows is complete. With a nicely WAFFy final chapter, to boot.
                              A nice what final chapter?
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

WAFFy.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X