Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elinor
    Anyway, it's what we see on screen that counts...that's where all the fun is!!

so so true... where else would we get inspiration for FANFIC!!!!!!!!! GO SPARKY!!!!!
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by EnfantTV
      Help a poor shipper french. I read a Joe's interview and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iF MAGAZINE: What do you think about the romantic tension your character has with the ladies of the series, and how much input do you get into your character development?

FLANIGAN: I don’t think there is romantic tension with Dr. Weir. There’s tension with Tayla and they’ve written it that way. We get a fair amount into our characters. It all depends on the person and the character. The more time you spend on the show, the more input you get into your character. Brad and Robert, the writers, are very receptive and dynamic when they hear something. The feeling is that if you’ve got good material and suggestions there is always an open door.

It is not possible !!!! Season 2 is...Shweir season.... Siege part III, Conversion, The Long Goodbye.... they want to torture us ???
      Oh I know this has been discussed, but I missed it all, so bear with me.

I just find this hilarious! Really, really funny. I'm sorry, but I have visions of PTB slaving over hot stoves writing to write "tension" *giggles hopelessly* while the majority (and it is the majority) of fans interested in things like that (i.e. us shippers) are happily shipping away the complete opposite.

Poor things they must be quite bewildered. *pets PTB*

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
        Thanks

Gateworld drives me nuts today 1 minute it works the other it doesn't

Do we know at all, when this interview was made????
        Actually, that's a very good question... Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
          Oh I know this has been discussed, but I missed it all, so bear with me.

I just find this hilarious! Really, really funny. I'm sorry, but I have visions of PTB slaving over hot stoves writing to write "tension" *giggles hopelessly* while the majority (and it is the majority) of fans interested in things like that (i.e. us shippers) are happily shipping away the complete opposite.

Poor things they must be quite bewildered. *pets PTB*
          I still think that that interview sounds a little reworded ( I mean the whole one, not only that statement )... I'm pretty sure he formulated the sentences way differently

And hey, we are only in the 2nd season...everything can still happen right???

Edit: It says it was published yesterday...but it doesn't say when it was made exactly

Comment

I still think that that interview sounds a little reworded ( I mean the whole one, not only that statement )... I'm pretty sure he formulated the sentences way differently

Edit: It says it was published yesterday...but it doesn't say when it was made exactly
            *cries about interview*

NNOOOO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
              *cries about interview*

NNOOOO!!!!!
              I think we shouldn't worry that much about interviews from actors in general we've seen that before and also in other Tv-shows...they all try to be mysterous to keep us interested
              At the very end the writers and producers are the ones who decide, right???

and IMHO I have to disagree with Joe and TPTB aren't writing romantic tension only with Teyla... you know, sex still sells... If I ever make a tv-show, where I do the same to my fans...somebody pleas shoot me

Comment

oh are we discussing the interview? Should I go into hiding again?

I sooo hope that that magazine has changed things. Who knows maybe the editor is a Sheyla and wanted to make our lives miserable

I was talking to alyssa yesterday and we found that Joe said in one interview that he's living in Vancouver, but said in another interview that he's living in New York and commuting to Vancouver.
                I have a feeling that some of the magazines are really late with posting their interviews. Joe might have done the interview number one, where he was living in NY, before number 2, where he was living in Vancouver.
                oh wait I'm not getting into his personal life right? *covers her head*
                anyway, why I said this... that interview could be from times when we did have a sheyla in the background...

Comment

Hey all,
                  I´m new and at first i apologize for my poor english skills. I´d followed this tread since page 400 and eventually i ended up signed in on this forum. I saw TLG and it was WOW. Liz was great and the last scene was just sparky.
                  (Did i spell that right??)

Comment

Och it doesn't matter, it really doesn't. It doesn't change the facts. The PTB might be writing "tension" feverishly *giggles again* but that isn't going to convert a whole swathe of S/W shippers. I think not.

We'll just to have to live with it!

Comment

I don't think any of you needs to worry about what Joe Flanigan wants or says. He doesn't write the show, and the writers are quite aware of what is going over in fandom. They will write towards what works, and would keep the show on the air, especially since that gives them a steady paycheck. If they write for a minority, it all sinks and they are out of work.

Must admit, I'm not much of a shipper, but this thread is sure interesting to follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                        I was talking to alyssa yesterday and we found that Joe said in one interview that he's living in Vancouver, but said in another interview that he's living in New York and commuting to Vancouver.
                        I have a feeling that some of the magazines are really late with posting their interviews. Joe might have done the interview number one, where he was living in NY, before number 2, where he was living in Vancouver.
                        oh wait I'm not getting into his personal life right? *covers her head*
                        anyway, why I said this... that interview could be from times when we did have a sheyla in the background...
                        Yes, I was a bit confused about that. I thought he was living in LA and when he got the Atlantis job he moved his family to Vancouver. These interviews are getting me all confuzzled!!

Anyway, as I said before, things can get reported erroneously...and...even if Joe really said that about the romance thing, well, he is entitled to his opinion just like us...and we all respect that don't we.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                          Yes, I was a bit confused about that. I thought he was living in LA and when he got the Atlantis job he moved his family to Vancouver. These interviews are getting me all confuzzled!!

Anyway, as I said before, things can get reported erroneously...and...even if Joe really said that about the romance thing, well, he is entitled to his opinion just like us...and we all respect that don't we.

oh yes, we respect him... Love ya Joe!!!!!
                          Ditto about the interview(s)!!!!!!

Comment

As long as WE know the romantic tension is there

Comment

As long as WE know the romantic tension is there

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/entreth/zz.jpg
                              and boy do we see it... even without our shippy-tinted galsses, the tension is there....

Comment

As Dorka said, as long as we know the tension's there, what else matters?

All right, I think we need to move completely beyond the interview before things blow up again. To that end, I have a question. My brain has been fried lately by too many late nights and too many early mornings, so I can't remember anything... what potentially Sparky moments do we still have to look forward to? After TLG, that is? I can't even remember what episodes we still have...

Spoil me, people!
                                ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                                The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X