X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    Come on people hes just trying to lead you off the scent
    Of course, he is...
    What does he know about tension, right? He's only the actor...

Personally I don't really care what Joe says, with all due respect to the man... I know what I see... and don't see... If there ain't tension between Weir and Sheppard, either he or we must be watching Atlantis AU...

Maybe it's just a conspiracy in the editing room...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hi everyone,
      I've a bad feeling about this one. I'm so tired of TPTB not making up their mind and not being able to write a mature romantic relationship. Frankly, Sheppard is becoming rather unattractive and not just because of the kirking, but that's another topic.
      JF is the star of the show. He wouldn't just say this out of the blue, unless, he was instructed. Right now, the producers and writers are planning the direction of season 3. I am this close to giving up on the show.

Pure speculation here. Do you think JF and TH get along? Is JF lobbying for a change of ship? I can't forget someone on this thread mentioning that JF gave an interview or wrote some foreword somewhere in which he is praising RL as being "ravishingly beautiful" and describing TH as "patient and professional." I thought it was a very ungentlemanly thing to say when there are only 2 female costars.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Personally I don't really care what Joe says, with all due respect to the man... I know what I see... and don't see... If there ain't tension between Weir and Sheppard, either he or we must be watching Atlantis AU...
        "Ship is in the eye of the beholder"

Lovebar made by natz099
        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
          It maybe his personal opinion, but its what the writers think that matters

And if I'm going by what I've been seeing on my TV, the writers are telling me sparks are flying between Shep and Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Of course, he is...
            What does he know about tension, right? He's only the actor...

Maybe it's just a conspiracy in the editing room...
            Or maybe someone neglected to tell him about the change in direction. Because if they did neglect to tell him and we are still getting this much Sparky between John and Elizabeth. Imagine if he was told they were going for Sparky. Just think of how much more Sparky would we get.

*is staying positive*
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler
              I don't want to get flamed for this, but I am concerned just how long Joe will stay on SGA. Everytime I read an interview from him he just doesn't seem invested in the show. He comes across as he doesn't care. Joe just seems.. a bit flippant.

I love Joe and Sheppard, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to interviews that's the vibe I get.
              I think thats just his laid-back nature
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                Or maybe someone neglected to tell him about the change in direction. Because if they did neglect to tell him and we are still getting this much Sparky between John and Elizabeth. Imagine if he was told they were going for Sparky. Just think of how much more Sparky would we get.

*is staying positive*
                Thats the spirit!
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler
                  I don't see how JF and TH could not get along. There is a chemistry there at least on screen, and usually that means there is chemistry off screen. I don't know.. I have a hard time imagining anyone not getting along with Torri. She seems very happy-go-lucky and pleasant to be around.

I don't want to get flamed for this, but I am concerned just how long Joe will stay on SGA. Everytime I read an interview from him he just doesn't seem invested in the show. He comes across as he doesn't care. Now in interviews with the rest of the cast: David, Rachel, Torri, and even Rainbow when he was still around, they all seem like they are having a blast and they sincerely love their fans. Oh yeah, and Paulie too. Joe just seems.. a bit flippant.

I love Joe and Sheppard, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to interviews that's the vibe I get.
                  Not too long ago, TH said in an interview, something about always enjoying her scenes with Sheppard(or something like that). So I'm sure they get along just fine.

And as for not caring, I doubt that. He's talk about being gratefull for being on the show and how great everyone in the cast is. He's just a layed back guy like his character.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud
                    Pure speculation here. Do you think JF and TH get along? Is JF lobbying for a change of ship? I can't forget someone on this thread mentioning that JF gave an interview or wrote some foreword somewhere in which he is praising RL as being "ravishingly beautiful" and describing TH as "patient and professional." I thought it was a very ungentlemanly thing to say when there are only 2 female costars.
                    I think they do get along. Just something that I vaguely remember having been said.

Lovebar made by natz099
                    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Eh, I'm not too worried over it. I remember hearing someone say that AT said that she would never be Jack's girl. -cough-

I think something similar had happened on The X Files with M/S. I may be wrong, the memory's a bit rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                        I'm feeling sick now
                        Same here.

Not feeling too positive at the moment ....

Comment

C'mon, chin up guys! We can't let a little interview get at us. -huggles shippers- It doesn't mean that what they're persuing is actually working for most viewers. Think about it! To me, what Joe is saying is that there should be ST between S/T because that's what they're planning on persuing (like they said in the beginning). He may not be a Sparky shipper, but he didn't say himself that he's seen it. He's probably saying that it should be expected.

But I just didn't see it... until they forced it on us.

Comment

:shrugs: unfortunately, I have a feeling that Joe is a sheyla
                            I have noticed that he doesn't talk about Torri a lot as well. But she is so nice!
                            *feels like crying*
                            yea I'm obsessed, I know
                            Last edited by Erised; 05 January 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                              Eh, I'm not too worried over it. I remember hearing someone say that AT said that she would never be Jack's girl. -cough-

I think something similar had happened on The X Files with M/S. I may be wrong, the memory's a bit rusty.
                              I agree. In television, things change constantly, especialyon a show like SGA. Actually, the fact the TPTB seem so open about Shep/Teyla suggests to me that they are not planning to go that way. They couldn't possibly reveal their true intentions so clearly! We know how elusive they can be.

In addition, actors aren't usually told the complete story; Joe might only have half, or a quarter of the TPTB's plan. For example, when Joe first described the ep ("The Epiphany") he was writing, it was quite a bit different from the finished product. I think we're seeing the same here.

So, in short, don't be down anybody! The sparks will continue to be on screen and we'll eventually see where all of this is leading.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                                :shrugs: unfortunately, I have a feeling that Joe is a sheyla
                                I have noticed that he doesn't talk about Torri a lot as well. But she is so nice!
                                *feels like crying*
                                yea I'm obsessed, I know
                                -huggles-

It's okay, Torri sees Sparky and Rachel (sp?) sees Spanky and that's good enough for me.
                                Last edited by xkawaiix; 05 January 2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X