No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to break into this all, but I've been writing on deadline for the last two weeks and really haven't had much time to read or post here. I did want to say that it's important that we do not engage in behavior that undermines the positive nature and discussion of the Weir/Sheppard ship.

Please do not spam or bump the thread, posting on Gateworld is not a race or a competition and we need to be sure that we are not encouraging childish behavior that demeans the value of real discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      On a random note, does anyone else think that Carl Binder (writer of "Before I Sleep" and "Letters from Pegasus") is as intrigued by this relationship as we are?
      Just another reason to be excited about him coming onboard as a full-time writer.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        Just another reason to be excited about him coming onboard as a full-time writer.
        Is he? Excellent! Who else will be full-time writers next year? Before I Sleep was a wonderful episode, and not just because of the ship, it was well acted, well written, h£ll it made me cry!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Sorry to break into this all, but I've been writing on deadline for the last two weeks and really haven't had much time to read or post here. I did want to say that it's important that we do not engage in behavior that undermines the positive nature and discussion of the Weir/Sheppard ship.

Please do not spam or bump the thread, posting on Gateworld is not a race or a competition and we need to be sure that we are not encouraging childish behavior that demeans the value of real discussion.
          Sorry did I miss something? Please dont take this wrong but did we do something wrong? Its just that I thought the recent discussions had been really interesting, well thought out and constructive debate. By and large I thought it has been positive and encouraging in nature but in any case so long as we are not rude, offensive or abusive, why would the debate have to be limited to being positive. Surely we can debate and discuss some negative angles in a mature manner too?
          I wasn't aware that there had been any spam or bumping in this thread at all. Compared to other threads I've seen, this is incredibly friendly, on topic and relevant.

Seriously, if I in any way have offended anyone I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
            Sorry did I miss something? Please dont take this wrong but did we do something wrong? Its just that I thought the recent discussions had been really interesting, well thought out and constructive debate. By and large I thought it has been positive and encouraging in nature but in any case so long as we are not rude, offensive or abusive, why would the debate have to be limited to being positive. Surely we can debate and discuss some negative angles in a mature manner too?
            I wasn't aware that there had been any spam or bumping in this thread at all. Compared to other threads I've seen, this is incredibly friendly, on topic and relevant.

No, no, no. MF was just reemphasising the point that we shouldn't bump the thread up... just because. NOTHING NO ONE HAS DONE.
            Last edited by astronomicalchick; 02 March 2005, 11:22 AM. Reason: shouldn't rather than should!

Comment

No, no one in here has done anything wrong, Kazan, least of all you. There's been some trouble with another thread, and some of us figured that we ought to be on our best behavior. That was just a friendly reminder. We haven't really had the problems MF is describing.

The discussion in here is great, guys. I'll be commenting on it more specifically in just a minute.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

No, as the others have said, nothing anyone did here. I among others have filed formal complaints about behavior in another thread/theads and I thought it was important that we don't do the same thing we were complaining about.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  No, as the others have said, nothing anyone did here. I among others have filed formal complaints about behavior in another thread/theads and I thought it was important that we don't do the same thing we were complaining about.
                  Phew thanks. I was worried I'd upset you all!! Now I understand!!
                  Honestly, this thread and everyone have been so friendly and welcoming and probably the least spurious I've come across - its actually nice to have sensible conversations /debates.

39:30

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    (I’m highly amused by the fact that that infers that Sheppard hasn’t got a brain in his head and is at the mercy of these two rapacious women)
                    Oh gosh, that cracks me up. When Torri was asked in the lowdown if Weir and Teyla would fight over Sheppard's affections, I wanted to ask how much weight Sheppard's affections got.

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    Sheppard and Weir.. ah where do I start? Why I like it? First off, chemistry, it’s there in bucketloads. They’re equals, intellectually and in status. They have complementary personalities, she’s serious, he can be flippant, he sees the wee picture, the personal, she sees the bigger picture. He’s military and used to fighting his way out of bad situations, she’s used to talking her way out of bad situations. It also, just works.
                    *goes into English major mode* See, they're war and peace. Just like the book John was reading.

BTW my view is that Shep / Weir kinda took TPTB by surprise - don't think they'd thought it might be as interesting or have as much chemistry as it does. I'm hoping that they've decided to go with it.
                    I think it probably did too. The writing veers more toward them as the season progresses, which is pretty cool.

I'm also very excited about Carl Binder joining the writing staff. The two episodes he wrote this season were in my top three favorites — great sci-fi stories with lots of emotional charge and character development. And a balcony scene.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Honestly, this thread and everyone have been so friendly and welcoming and probably the least spurious I've come across - its actually nice to have sensible conversations /debates.
                      This thread has become a favorite of mine because of the high quality of thought that goes into many of the posts. I tend to get goofy and silly with the pics, but I'm not a high caliber writer like many of the folks here - I'm not very good at analytical thinking, and I really don't want to terrorize all of you with my poor grammar. Therefore, my posts are usually short and to the point, or I'll just let folks know how much I appreciate their thinking. Sometimes I'll simply spread the "green" when I see a well thought-out post that I wish I had written.

So. .everyone keep up the good work and I'll go off and see if I can find a good pic to caption.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes I can't write coherently either. So it's picture time.

Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Yeah, sometimes I can't write coherently either. So it's picture time.

John and Elizabeth hear the word "Shweir" for the first time.

Comment

I've been lurking here for a while and something (I can't remember exactly what) has achieved the impossible and pulled me out of my shell! As I am enjoying stargate atlantis and this thread so much, you *freefall points to each shipper* have unleashed a monster by getting me to post!!!! MMMWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAA
                            *cough* a monster with the scariness of a leaf *cough*

I haven't seen The Siege pt 2 yet but have only 6 days to go!! How will I cope without atlantis when the series is finished?
                            Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Now, every one of you volunteered for this mission. And you represent over a dozen countries. You are the world's best and brightest. And in light of the adventure we are about to embark on, you're also the bravest. I hope we all return one day having discovered a whole new realm of humanity to explore, but as all of you know, we may never be able to return home.-weir, rising pt1.

Comment

Originally posted by Freefall
                              I've been lurking here for a while and something (I can't remember exactly what) has achieved the impossible and pulled me out of my shell! As I am enjoying stargate atlantis and this thread so much, you *freefall points to each shipper* have unleashed a monster by getting me to post!!!! MMMWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAA
                              *cough* a monster with the scariness of a leaf *cough*

I haven't seen The Siege pt 2 yet but have only 6 days to go!! How will I cope without atlantis when the series is finished?
                              hey! Welcome Freefall, to our thread!

how will you keep going? I find the best thing to do is to harrass our great fanfic writers to keep writing and posting fanfic... and we're always here to discuss, offer mints (dont take any), share pictures, fic recommendations, convert to the dark side... etc etc

Comment

Welcome, Freefall! Always good to see someone delurk.

You're going to love Siege II, I'm sure. I think we're all a little antsy about Season 2 starting, even those of us in the States.

I hope you have fun around here!
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X