Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa
    Hmmm, I find it interesting that he brings it up in front of her...
    Bama!!! Where are you!!! I want a nice, Bama-style in-depth analysis of what it means that he said it in front of her!

Wow...Quite interesting indeed...
    Spoiler:
    Why did John bother when he didn't have to even bring it up? He so obviously wanted Elizabeth to know. And for what intent and purpose? In my worthless opinion, and with an assist from my own (sometimes worthless) husband , it's all about 'probing' for John right now; for finding his footing with Elizabeth-where he stands as he decides where they might be 'going'. He very much wanted her to 'fish' and ask questions about this personal potential male/female (non)event between he and another woman. Her fishing helps his probing. That should tell us all a lot, lot right there.

Any man will tell you that they don't want to put themselves 'out there' vulnerable for a woman to totally undress. Pride is very important to a man and in John's case, he has to work with and beside Elizabeth. He cannot afford to misread her feelings for him. Before he begins to make any kind of male to female type 'move' he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she is open to such and he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she will respond in a favorable way. I think this scene shows right where he's at in regard to his confidence in this way with her. He thinks she could / might be interested in him on more than a 'friendship' level but he's just not SURE. He thinks he's read her actions and emotions correctly but he's just not POSITIVE.

Therefore, this situation provides him with a golden opportunity to do a couple of important things in regard to Elizabeth. First, he gets a chance to probe. By tossing the idea that he could have had a woman and decided otherwise, he's telling Elizabeth...'Hey, other women think I'm a stud muffin and I'd like for you to notice and think so too.' and he's also telling her 'Hey, I had a chance to fool around but I chose not to because I take the mission seriously and I take you seriously and I take myself seriously. I hope you respect me a little more for the choice I made.' It's pretty obvious to me that Elizabeth's opinion of him matters to John in a huge way. This scene sounds like a real chance for him to raise himself in her eyes just a little as well as get a bit of man upmanship in their owngoing UST fueled 'battle of the sexes' game they have going on.

There Alyssa...your 'Bama' analysis-such as it is gal. I must point out that it's 'blind as a bat' analysis though based only on spoilers and quotes from the episode and my own hypothesises. I've not seen the ep or the scene yet. Nonetheless, I hope this helped a little and was what you were wanting from me.

Comment

I know, Dorka!!! Bring on the screencaps! Meanwhile, can we tempt you to write some fic????
      Or does anyone have any new stuff to recommend?
      I already gave my new fic to beta... which means it will be up in the next days

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        Wow...Quite interesting indeed...
        Spoiler:
        Why did John bother when he didn't have to even bring it up? He so obviously wanted Elizabeth to know. And for what intent and purpose? In my worthless opinion, and with an assist from my own (sometimes worthless) husband , it's all about 'probing' for John right now; for finding his footing with Elizabeth-where he stands as he decides where they might be 'going'. He very much wanted her to 'fish' and ask questions about this personal potential male/female (non)event between he and another woman. Her fishing helps his probing. That should tell us all a lot, lot right there.

Any man will tell you that they don't want to put themselves 'out there' vulnerable for a woman to totally undress. Pride is very important to a man and in John's case, he has to work with and beside Elizabeth. He cannot afford to misread her feelings for him. Before he begins to make any kind of male to female type 'move' he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she is open to such and he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she will respond in a favorable way. I think this scene shows right where he's at in regard to his confidence in this way with her. He thinks she could / might be interested in him on more than a 'friendship' level but he's just not SURE. He thinks he's read her actions and emotions correctly but he's just not POSITIVE.

Therefore, this situation provides him with a golden opportunity to do a couple of important things in regard to Elizabeth. First, he gets a chance to probe. By tossing the idea that he could have had a woman and decided otherwise, he's telling Elizabeth...'Hey, other women think I'm a stud muffin and I'd like for you to notice and think so too.' and he's also telling her 'Hey, I had a chance to fool around but I chose not to because I take the mission seriously and I take you seriously and I take myself seriously. I hope you respect me a little more for the choice I made.' It's pretty obvious to me that Elizabeth's opinion of him matters to John in a huge way. This scene sounds like a real chance for him to raise himself in her eyes just a little as well as get a bit of man upmanship in their owngoing UST fueled 'battle of the sexes' game they have going on.

There Alyssa...your 'Bama' analysis-such as it is gal. I must point out that it's 'blind as a bat' analysis though based only on spoilers and quotes from the episode and my own hypothesises. I've not seen the ep or the scene yet. Nonetheless, I hope this helped a little and was what you were wanting from me.
        Bama's here!!! (happy dance for Bama!)
        Very interesting. I was leaning that way with my views on the whole situation, but you just put it in such a wonderful way. Can we tempt you to write some episode-related fiction??
        My feeling was that
        Spoiler:
        Shep is doing it, as you said, to let her know that he had the opportunity to do some Kirking, and he said no! Do you think that'll close that sort of chapter in the Shep storyline? Maybe not so much in the way of Kirk behaviour?

Comment

Bama, thats exactly what I was thinking, but you know how to sprout it without coming across as a nut. Well.. you come across as a loveable nut anyway Kidding

Before he begins to make any kind of male to female type 'move' he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she is open to such and he will want to know FOR CERTAIN that she will respond in a favorable way. I think this scene shows right where he's at in regard to his confidence in this way with her. He thinks she could / might be interested in him on more than a 'friendship' level but he's just not SURE. He thinks he's read her actions and emotions correctly but he's just not POSITIVE.
          This just about sums it up. John is normally so confident with dealing with woman, but Elizabeth throws him off his stride. Before he jumps into anything, he wants to be absolutely sure that he wont be rejected for whatever reason. Or wait to at least see if there is any platform for him to base a 'launch' from.

Lovebar made by natz099
          My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            It will be interesting to compare
            Spoiler:
            the kiss in Conversion between Shep and Teyla to this one
            There was a
            Spoiler:
            kiss
            in 'Conversion'? I must have missed it. I caught a near couple of cases of
            Spoiler:
            assault and battery
            but I must have totally missed a
            Spoiler:
            kiss

Comment

There was a
              Spoiler:
              kiss
              in 'Conversion'? I must have missed it. I caught a near couple of cases of
              Spoiler:
              assault and battery
              but I must have totally missed a
              Spoiler:
              kiss

OMG! I love your comments. You keep us so entertained. And yes, I agree with you from what I've heard/seen about Conversion.

Comment

Bama's here!!! (happy dance for Bama!)
                Very interesting. I was leaning that way with my views on the whole situation, but you just put it in such a wonderful way. Can we tempt you to write some episode-related fiction??
                My feeling was that
                Spoiler:
                Shep is doing it, as you said, to let her know that he had the opportunity to do some Kirking, and he said no! Do you think that'll close that sort of chapter in the Shep storyline? Maybe not so much in the way of Kirk behaviour?
                I don't know about closing the door completely. John is a terrific looking male and women *cough ho's* of all races -including alien ones- are going to continue to throw themselves in his path. But I do think it's an important step that he's showing signs that he truly *cares* what Elizabeth thinks about him
                Spoiler:
                in regard to his 'Kirking' tendencies. And, the very *fact* that he's seeking her out and they are communicating on the issue is *huge* folks. Underscore this scene because although it's a small one and seemingly relatively insignificant in the broader picture, it may prove to be a big step for John Sheppard as he continues his Elizabeth aided transformation from single, white fly-boy to fully mature and ready for a commitment to one woman man.
                And I must say that I love the growth such shows in John Sheppard!

I'll be surprised if we don't see a bit of a decrease in 'Kirkin' in season three.
                Last edited by Bama; 20 December 2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

OMG! I love your comments. You keep us so entertained. And yes, I agree with you from what I've heard/seen about Conversion.
                  Glad to amuse... but alas, it's far past my normal bedtime here in Bamaland...I was out late holiday partying with the hub tonite but I have a day of Christmas cooking to do tommorow. Hope to read some interesting thoughts on this tommorow from you guys and I'll yell back at you all after I've had a few hours snoozetime. In the meantime...

Elizabeth and John...together on a private balcony...It just doesn't get any better! Well...may a little better in time...

Comment

Glad to amuse... but alas, it's far past my normal bedtime here in Bamaland...I was out late holiday partying with the hub tonite but I have a day of Christmas cooking to do tommorow. Hope to read some interesting thoughts on this tommorow from you guys and I'll yell back at you all after I've had a few hours snoozetime. In the meantime...

Elizabeth and John...together on a private balcony...It just doesn't get any better! Well...may a little better in time...

Forget the cooking!!! Play with us! Come on Bama!
                    Yes, very happy about the balcony scene. It's interesting that it's been thrown in there. Obviously there's a purpose behind it... the opportunity to delve more into the Shep/Weir dynamic.

Comment

Yes, very happy about the balcony scene. It's interesting that it's been thrown in there. Obviously there's a purpose behind it
                      *looks suspiciously at 'guests'*

SO glad they brought back the balcony. A lot of good stuff has happened on that balcony.

Wait a minute...i could be confusing that with some fanfic i read once...or twice

Lovebar made by natz099
                      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                        *looks suspiciously at 'guests'*

SO glad they brought back the balcony. A lot of good stuff has happened on that balcony.

Wait a minute...i could be confusing that with some fanfic i read once...or twice

Hmmm. Three guests lurking. I wonder who they are........

Comment

You're soo fast in writing... I just spoke with my boss for 15 minutes and had to catch up many posts

I don't know but I really love how the relationship is growing between Liz and John. I think I even love it ways better, than any other ships before. They are a perfect team...and both are testing their ways step by step into find out what the other is thinking.

I think John never had a " relationship" like this before. IMHO he was more the guy who loved flirting around but never wanted too much "trouble" to really let his feelings grow into more. Or let's better say, he never trusted anyone that much before, to let somebody see into his heart. I think with Elizabeth he is taking that "risk". But he's still not 100% confident and need a little more time even if he has feelings for Elizabeth already!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Good grief. My intuition was right again. I had a feeling it had been rewritten, mostly because Elizabeth's presence off-world seemed so... random. Maybe Blue Banrigh was right – maybe Carl Binder really is my long-lost twin brother with whom I have a psychic link!
                            Didn't Paul Mullie write this one?

Bummer, it was rewritten.
                            Spoiler:
                            At least we got a balcony scene. Yay! I guess that debunks the theory that claimed the set for the balcony has been used to make Weir's office in S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                              Okay, I made my friend give me a running commentary as she watched the episode. And I just have to quote the only scene I will probably enjoy when I finally watch this tomorrow morning.

Spoiler:

John: I got the city, I got the drones and I even got the girl.
                              Liz: You got the girl? *eyebrows*
                              John: Well, I could have had the girl, but I turned her down.
                              Liz: *Smile*
                              Liz: They didn't offer you king?
                              John: *rocks on the balls of his feet* I turned that down too.

She also said Elizabeth had a very cute expression when he told her about "Getting the girl." It was a mix of "amusement with a hint of jealousy" she said. Maybe someone will post some caps up later. So we can add some pictures to these words.

Hallalalalaaaaaaa... this scene is great... i want to see it

Comment

Yeah I took a look at http://www.imdb.com/

Paul Mullie and Joe Mallozzi...same team as Intruder and home...and I really liked that eps!

Comment

Working...
                                X