Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    John: Elizabeth, I can't read your watch. . .
    Elizabeth: It's upside down.
    John: Well, that makes some sense.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      This is the best one I could find of the pocket watch...now that Mel brings it up I can't tell if it's gold or silver with all the lighting and stuff. But I'm sticking to gold. To each his own.
      Dunno why I never notced that...

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        John: Elizabeth, I can't read your watch. . .
        Elizabeth: It's upside down.
        John: Well, that makes some sense.
        LOL!!!

Comment

Anybody else noticing a ridiculous amount of shipper threads on the boards recently?

Some are amusing (Sam/Thor) , but others I don't get. How can you ship for two characters that have never been on screen before, with minimal information on said characters (Mitchell/Dr Carolyn)?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
            Anybody else noticing a ridiculous amount of shipper threads on the boards recently?

Some are amusing (Sam/Thor) , but others I don't get. How can you ship for two characters that have never been on screen before, with minimal information on said characters (Mitchell/Dr Carolyn)?
            Who's Dr Carolyn!??

*shrugs*

Gives us something to talk about in off season!!

Although they started shooting again today! YAAY!! Time for more shippinses (Sheppard & Weir of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
              Who's Dr Carolyn!??

*shrugs*

Gives us something to talk about in off season!!

Although they started shooting again today! YAAY!! Time for more shippinses (Sheppard & Weir of course)
              Dr. Carolyn is Lexa Doig, AKA Mrs. Michael Shanks.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...rgatesg-.shtml

And I agree that the shipper threads have gotten out of hand. Some of them don't really have anything being said in them. *cough*sheyla*cough*

Then again, this is the internet, where everyone must take everything to excess.

a time to mourn

Comment

those foos in the sheyla thread have got themselves a slogan. do we have one yet. I think i need a sig.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                  those foos in the sheyla thread have got themselves a slogan. do we have one yet. I think i need a sig.
                  Don't think we really need a slogan.

Yay, next chapter of Strange Bedfellows is up! I love this fic.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                    I agree. Let them have their silly slogans and nicknames. We have quality fanfics, and a mascot!

That fic took me a few chapters to get into, but it's gotten really good.

a time to mourn

Comment

We dun need a slogan...just keep our postcount ahead of theirs

With REAL posts in it!!

AND OMG STRANGE BEDFELLOWS IS THE BEST FIC EVER!!

*gets so excited when it's updated*

That and Eshu...which is apparently on its way!! *looks in Mel's direction grinning*

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        I agree. Let them have their silly slogans and nicknames. We have quality fanfics, and a mascot!
                        And the better ship!!

Comment

having just watched the storm and the eye (whatever order it is supposed to be) this is just meant to be, no fancy written in ship, but true natural ship, the way it's supposed to be. hmmn maybe that should be a slogan.

Sheppard + Weir : The Way It's Supposed To Be.

lol, mascot = win.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Yeah, the slogan business seems pretty silly. The baby dragon and the mints were jokes that arose from the thread, but otherwise, we don't need to go around thinking up slogans or nicknames. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                            That and Eshu...which is apparently on its way!! *looks in Mel's direction grinning*
                            *hides*
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

See, this is also what I don't get about Sheppard/Teyla. The Yahoo group sheppardandteyla was started two weeks before Atlantis premiered. No one had seen them together. They were just guessing, and basing it off that early publicity, which, by the way, was dropped around the time that the actors were announced. A lot of Shep/Teyla shippers seem to be holding on to that as their validation, because there sure isn't much to go on in the episodes themselves.

The two major Sheppard/Weir groups at Yahoo (at least that I know of) were both created after episodes had aired. So at least we'd seen the characters interact.

Honestly, I think sometimes people ship because the characters look good together, or because they don't like other ship possibilities. What I really don't get is how Shep/Teyla and McKay/Weir appear together so often in fics and such. It's like the author doesn't want Sheppard and Weir together, so he'll pair them both off with someone else to prevent it. But that's a phenomenon I've seen in several other fandoms (with that reason sometimes stated), so I guess it's not really surprising.
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I have found that the younger gals identify more with Teyla (though not all) and the more mature ladies (not necessarily "older", but maybe more intelligent ) identify more with Weir.

Of course, they ALL want Sheppard.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X