X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're an artist, Whistler!
    Very nice!

Comment

I love the last one, whistler. The quote just fits more than perfectly...nice work

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
        I'm hoping that once we see
        Spoiler:
        Weir's darker side come out and is acknowledged
        that they sit down (literally or figuratively ) and talk about things like this. It would be a great opportunity to get some sorely-needed backstory on Shep, and also gives Weir a chance to confide in someone like (CM)
        Spoiler:
        what happened at the on Critical Mass.
        Y'know - I never thought of that. But you're right - it's a good opportunity! CM and general
        Spoiler:
        As we saw in Critical Mass, she's already beginning to take a darker turn, and it's bothering her. Shep tried to comfort her, but he couldn't really. Still, I'd imagine there are some darker things in his past, and if Elizabeth is getting darker as the season progresses, he's going to be one of the few who might be able to understand. We'll have not only an opportunity to learn more about Sheppard, but also the chance to see them supporting each other.
        ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
        The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          I looked at your profile and realized that you aren't very old so I apologize if I came off a bit snarky. We have had Shep/Teyla people come in here and start talking about Shep/Tey in this thread and it just gets people upset.

Also - while it is fine to talk to various people, ultimately it is up to YOU to decide which ship, if any, you are attracted to. Watch the show and see what grabs your attention (or doesn't grab hold of you), and go with the flow. Don't choose a ship to root for just because a group tells you to, or says "that other group doesn't know what they are talking about." Make your own choices, and if you like both S/T and S/W then hang out with all of us, but don't go overboard talking S/T in the S/W thread, and vice versa.
          Agreed. There seems to be a lot of this going about at the moment? People not "knowing" which ship to ship for... hmmmm...interesting.

Comment

Congrats on 1000 posts, Dorka
            Whistler, very pretty

12 hours until brand new sparks!!
            Last edited by Erised; 19 December 2005, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Congrats Dorka!
              You're a Royal Guard now. I'm impressed!
              Do I have to serve you now?

Whistler, great sigs!

Can't wait to see new sparky ep.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                Agreed. There seems to be a lot of this going about at the moment? People not "knowing" which ship to ship for... hmmmm...interesting.
                Indeed. But there's nothing at this point any of us can do to convince people, nor should we try. If all the discussion lately with the precise timeline pinpointing sparky moments in each episode doesn't suffice, nothing ever will. People just have to see for themselves and decide what to believe. Excuse my arrogance, but the facts are on our side. Wasn't there a big discussion before Siege 3
                Spoiler:
                when we knew about the hug but hadn't seen whether he hugged her back that it was all Elizabeth and John was just shocked, shocked by her brazen behavior? Then we saw him actually hug her back and act all flustered later. Never mind the moment aboard the Deddy when he got so upset thinking she was dead. Oh, said some, he was really upset that Atlantis was destroyed. I guess they didn't hear the "Elizabeth, Elizabeth" with the tremor in his voice, or see Caldwell actually have to look away from his obvious pain. One of my personal favorite moments. The same thing is happening now in regards to the kiss. Will we see him kiss her back? It sounds like we will, but oh, it's actually not John. Though it seems like Elizabeth is once again getting blamed for being a brazen hussy. I guess her alien just makes her do what she has wanted to all along like John did in Conversion.
                Any time emotion comes into play we're going to get this lack of logic. People just don't want to be confused by facts. We stretch the truth at times, and it's fun. But in Season 2 our ship is being developed stage by stage, each episode adding layers. More and more people are beginning to see that whether they want to or not. The other ships are having fun too, so more power to them. But we shouldn't have to tolerate attacks on Weir or anyone else, and saying "I like her, but she's a weak leader is an attack." So I respectfully ask that people not come here and do that. We're a feisty lot and won't let it go unchallenged. This is part of the reason why the eps after TLG are going to be crucial. We'll see how they relate to each other after the big moment which will tell us maybe where the ship is going. Now, you do realize that at any moment TPTB can turn this thing on a dime and head right back to their original intent. Shep and Tey can find true love in a moment, and it will all be a moot point. That's show biz, and yes, I am biting my tongue.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                  Indeed. But there's nothing at this point any of us can do to convince people, nor should we try. If all the discussion lately with the precise timeline pinpointing sparky moments in each episode doesn't suffice, nothing ever will. People just have to see for themselves and decide what to believe. Excuse my arrogance, but the facts are on our side. Wasn't there a big discussion before Siege 3
                  Spoiler:
                  when we knew about the hug but hadn't seen whether he hugged her back that it was all Elizabeth and John was just shocked, shocked by her brazen behavior? Then we saw him actually hug her back and act all flustered later. Never mind the moment aboard the Deddy when he got so upset thinking she was dead. Oh, said some, he was really upset that Atlantis was destroyed. I guess they didn't hear the "Elizabeth, Elizabeth" with the tremor in his voice, or see Caldwell actually have to look away from his obvious pain. One of my personal favorite moments. The same thing is happening now in regards to the kiss. Will we see him kiss her back? It sounds like we will, but oh, it's actually not John. Though it seems like Elizabeth is once again getting blamed for being a brazen hussy. I guess her alien just makes her do what she has wanted to all along like John did in Conversion.
                  Any time emotion comes into play we're going to get this lack of logic. People just don't want to be confused by facts. We stretch the truth at times, and it's fun. But in Season 2 our ship is being developed stage by stage, each episode adding layers. More and more people are beginning to see that whether they want to or not. The other ships are having fun too, so more power to them. But we shouldn't have to tolerate attacks on Weir or anyone else, and saying "I like her, but she's a weak leader is an attack." So I respectfully ask that people not come here and do that. We're a feisty lot and won't let it go unchallenged. This is part of the reason why the eps after TLG are going to be crucial. We'll see how they relate to each other after the big moment which will tell us maybe where the ship is going. Now, you do realize that at any moment TPTB can turn this thing on a dime and head right back to their original intent. Shep and Tey can find true love in a moment, and it will all be a moot point. That's show biz, and yes, I am biting my tongue.
                  Well said!
                  hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Second all you've said Southern!
                    Now that we are in S2 I sometimes wonder what other shippers base their ship on. Sheyla had some moments in S1 but nearly nothing in S2 (except this *one* moment to end this story line imo).
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe we read into things a lot because there's a lot that we can read things into... if that makes any sense at all.. in a round about kind of way. We're not grasping at straws with Shep/Weir. It's very clear. I understand that people can see other ships. A ship is in the eye of the beholder, and all. But to deny that there's anything going on with Shep/Weir on any level (as some do) is to be in deep denial!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        (Highlight below to read):
                        You’re not arrogant. I'm sure all John/Liz shippers in this thread probably thinks the same way(right?), that the evidence are on our side. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be here, would they?
                        Spoiler:
                        I know what you mean about that moment in the Siege. The relief in his voice when he heard Elizabeth, wasn’t “yay! We saved Atlantis!” it was “The love of my life is alive!” ,

Someone has pointed out awhile ago that people aren’t weaken when they fall in love, that love is a part of life (credit to the author). But we see all this criticism towards Elizabeth. Now I don’t know, but I feel like if John was in control of Atlantis and Elizabeth was in military, going on missions, I doubt that we would have seen any of this criticism towards either him or Elizabeth. And people forget how much guts it takes to let the man you love risk his life every day.

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Maybe we read into things a lot because there's a lot that we can read things into... if that makes any sense at all.. in a round about kind of way. We're not grasping at straws with Shep/Weir. It's very clear. I understand that people can see other ships. A ship is in the eye of the beholder, and all. But to deny that there's anything going on with Shep/Weir on any level (as some do) is to be in deep denial!!
                        Denial. good word and I think so too

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          Congrats Dorka!
                          You're a Royal Guard now. I'm impressed!
                          Do I have to serve you now?

Whistler, great sigs!

Can't wait to see new sparky ep.
                          Gee, Thanks

Sure you have to serve me So come to switzerland and bring some cake with you

@Southern: I really wondered too why there are sooo many shipps here. Maybe it's a pout-reaction after the Sam/Jack ship in SG1... *have as much ships as possible...maybe one of them will come true*

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            That's a very good point, actually. I've thought it a very good sign for the ship that non-Shep/Weir shippers have seen so much Shep/Weir lately. Makes me think I'm not so delusional.

Seriously, though, we've had lots of discussions on how John's actions in episodes like The Eye could easily have been applied to someone else – but they weren't. For whatever reason, TPTB have decided to highlight this relationship's development above all others, with the exception, perhaps, of Sheppard and McKay, but even that hasn't reached the emotional depth of this one. So we've got a ton of things to discuss. We're not making this up.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Speaking of random shippy moments
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, I've just rewatched Epiphany, and, looking at it from a shipper's point of view, Elizabeth actually went on a mission to rescue John. I can't see her do it for anyone else, can you? and then sparks at the end... aw..

Comment

Spent a lot of today browsing through various Shep/Weir fic.

Fic Rec: Wreck of the Day by Mirageofmae

Beautifully written fic, with an emphasis on Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X