No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's any definite thing about how old Torri is... but she was at Guildhall with Ewan McGregor, so I'm guessing about his age?!
    It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
    Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
    Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      That just reminds me of that "I shot him" scene in Hide and Seek.
      Picture time!

Yeah... needs an older woman.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
        I don't think there's any definite thing about how old Torri is... but she was at Guildhall with Ewan McGregor, so I'm guessing about his age?!
        Ooh, one of my old fandoms! Ewan McGregor is 34, I think, so yeah, my guess was probably close.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I believe many moons ago we figured out Torri's Birthday to be January 1, 1970 (can't remember which site though) making her 35 this year.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            aw *hugs* again sweetie... and it was a great fic too! Especially that end scene... cute!
            *hugs astro*

Thanks for the review...and sorry about last night was in a really REALLY bad mood...

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
              when you say football, do you mean soccer, or american football?
              LOL mack....read the fic....that's EXACTLY wat its about...couldn't help it

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                That's pretty good, though I'm with Rodney: Hockey rules! (Here in Football-land, aka Texas, I'm considered a heretic. )
                Lol I love hockey too...Ice Hockey & Aussie Football LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  That just reminds me of that "I shot him" scene in Hide and Seek.
                  *giggles* that's the EXACT scene I thought of!!!

Great minds think alike!

I guess that's why we all ship Sheppard/Weir

Comment

Total agreement that Shep needs a "mature" woman (I'm not gonna say OLD ), and Liz fits the bill.

As for Teyla. . oh dear, after the knife-up-the-pantleg thing in "Brotherhood" I'm liking her less and less. In "Rising" she was a peaceful Athosian but now she more buffed up and has become Rambolina. It is almost comical. Sheppard would never put up with a woman who can "whump" him.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      Total agreement that Shep needs a "mature" woman (I'm not gonna say OLD ), and Liz fits the bill.

As for Teyla. . oh dear, after the knife-up-the-pantleg thing in "Brotherhood" I'm liking her less and less. In "Rising" she was a peaceful Athosian but now she more buffed up and has become Rambolina. It is almost comical. Sheppard would never put up with a woman who can "whump" him.
                      "Rambolina" LOL

As for a woman that can "whump" him, yeah Sheppard didn't seem to happy when Teyla whumped him a few times while they were sparing...but he did get some payback...in a later episode...
                      ~Athena

Comment

well, since i named my first topic post a little strange, i didnt get many replies, so i thought i'd come here and re-introduce myself, hopefully not managing to embarrass myself in the process, like me posting my anti teyla\shep ship thoughts in the teyla\shep ship thread

-------------
                        Well, first post time, long time lurker, first time poster, having recently watched some atlantis eps, i noticed something very familiar to me, having watched a lot of wrestling, I am familiar with the Rock, and his trademark thing, the eyebrow raise (which is where the title name came from, he says "do you smell what the rock is cooking right before or after he does the eyebrow raise", so, having watched Atlantis, i hope to show you this.

Some things about me, i am in australia, 19, started watching SG1 years ago, but owing to the amazingly bad way Channel 7 showed it, i have mainly been watching random episodes on the pay tv i sometimes watch.

I aint really a Sam\Jack shipper, more of a "get it over and done with, before Jack dies of old age" type of guy, especially the shipiness killed JAG for me (the Harm\Mack ship is dragged on and on), but sense some ship between weir and shepard, which seems good to me, quite natural.

Having only seen the first 4 eps, i dont really like trelya, seems to be the "token female" and "token alien" in one package. The rest of the cast have great chemistry (especially the boys, McKay, Sheppard and Beckett are really great together, ford has the tough guy\pretty boy thing. I prefer the new Weir to the old one, i think in decent light, she looks pretty hot, but in bad light can look slighyl anemic and pale (sorta like a wraith), not a straight up hottie like carter, more like fraiser, but not bad. (Jessica Stein was pretty bad in NCIS, and dont think she is suited to a Sci Fi show), and the humour in it is really great, one of the best things about it, like when he pushed McKay off the balcony, his face was so funny.

Jonas = God.
                        Chevron Guy = Sci Fi version of Radar. Chevron 7 locked
                        Fraiser = Worst Decision EVER! That ep was so badly written, it all seemed like a setup to execute her character to make a point, against all that had come before, she was ordered out of the gate, into the field, with the enemy there, after that i hated Hammond for a LONG time.

So, onto the main part of the post.
                        WTF happend to her hair? Was her personal item a automatic hairdresser? I hope the aussies managed to get a cricket set together.

Is it just me or does she seem a little less diplomatic than her backstory suggests?

These were done in about 15 mins, off the 38 mins ep and the hide and seek ep (not as thorugh search as 38 mins).

This first one i think is the most "pronouced" eybrow raise, where she busts down that research dude in front of his team.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

You know, someone elsewhere in this forum once said that Torri had three facial expressions. I think these pictures disprove that.

Her hair is something we were actually discussing earlier today, I believe. They were playing around with how old to make her look, and I think they just came to the conclusion that the curls look infinitely better than the straight hair. Thank goodness.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

The gaunt look on Torri doesn't seem as pronounced - maybe it has to do with the hair, or maybe she has gained a few needed pounds. Good comparison pics Mack!

As for the Shep/Teyla thread. . .I avoid it. Maybe it will go away on its own.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well, having started watching the first part of episode 6, i saw this.

Looks like good ole shep has been borrowing some expressions from weir.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Hee! Just more proof of how insanely attuned to each other they are. Seriously, though, it'd be interesting to go back through the season and note the imitation of postures through the early episodes. And the eye contact. We love eye contact.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X