No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    z4BIKdA.gif Miss Kitty.
    Thank you for keeping this thread going. I hope JT-2 & Falcon Horus are both OK, it's been a while since they were here.
    *waves* Good morning, Who Knows! Hey, someone's got to keep the internet from burning down, LOL!

I know it's been hot hot HOT on the East Coast and JT-2 has mentioned before that her old computer doesn't do too well in the heat, so I'm guessing that's what's been keeping her away. Falcon Horus is probably bogged down with work, that's happened before. Wouldn't be surprised if she shows up with a new tale of workplace shenanigans that will eventually make its way into The Office Saga...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

MZoFIMt.gif FH sorting her garden out after her long holidays
      Or her sister still searching for missing luggage?
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        MZoFIMt.gif FH sorting her garden out after her long holidays
        Or her sister still searching for missing luggage?
        There's those options, too.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

This week's College Football Roundup will be posted tomorrow; one more game is playing later today.

Comment

Wedding and work... and I AM THE COOLEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY for I gifted my cousin's husband a lightsaber and it was EPIC!!

I also made it into a speech from one of her long-time friends when she recalled them watching the DVD's of Stargate SG-1 together, which so happened to be my DVD collection and my cousin was laughing and pointing at us.

I visited Tyne Cot cemetary when I had to drive all the way to Zonnebeke (near Paschendale). It was raining cats and dogs, and it was horribly wet but I went anyway. It was eerily beautiful. I had to turn down a visit to the local museum for I was actually on the clock but I promised to return at a later time.

And yes, work shennanigans happened but I'm not sure they are Office Saga worthy... except maybe... well... there is that thing we had this week where our laptops had to be made compliant which means more secure and well... it produced interesting results as in... BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH which has a sad smiley these days, a colleague loosing all his mails, another one loosing pretty much all his files, and at least one laptop that needs a Windows re-install.

No, this is definitely Office Saga material.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

G5q4ez2.gif and enjoyed your wedding
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: It was a fantastic opening weekend, as USC won a nailbiter against LSU 27-20, Tennessee smacked down Chattanooga 69-3 (Zandra's Ashes is no doubt very happy!), Rhode Island beat Holy Cross 20-17, and in the running for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Merrimack 21-6, and Navy beat Bucknell 49-21. On to this weekend!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Wedding and work... and I AM THE COOLEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY for I gifted my cousin's husband a lightsaber and it was EPIC!!

I also made it into a speech from one of her long-time friends when she recalled them watching the DVD's of Stargate SG-1 together, which so happened to be my DVD collection and my cousin was laughing and pointing at us.
                    YAAASSSSSS!!!!! That's epic, all right! Glad that a great time was had by all!

I visited Tyne Cot cemetary when I had to drive all the way to Zonnebeke (near Paschendale). It was raining cats and dogs, and it was horribly wet but I went anyway. It was eerily beautiful. I had to turn down a visit to the local museum for I was actually on the clock but I promised to return at a later time.
                    That sounds like a beautiful trip, rain and all. Hope you get to go back soon.

And yes, work shennanigans happened but I'm not sure they are Office Saga worthy... except maybe... well... there is that thing we had this week where our laptops had to be made compliant which means more secure and well... it produced interesting results as in... BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH which has a sad smiley these days, a colleague loosing all his mails, another one loosing pretty much all his files, and at least one laptop that needs a Windows re-install.

No, this is definitely Office Saga material.
                    Ohhhhh yeah, totally Office Saga material.

Comment

First day of evening school and I managed not being weirdo for all of 15 minutes. Possibly a record.

We had to introduce ourselves and everyone else to the question why they wanted to learn Spanish was because they either bought a house/apartment there or wanted to travel, and me with a bit of a shrug "just for fun ... so I can read the info in museums."

So, I know a little bit of Spanish and I can read it okay, but I didn't want anyone else to know but it became known rather quickly that my knowledge was a bit more than none, and when the lady next to me said after we practiced some dialogue that it felt like "Latin" to her. I joyfully announced I knew a bit of Latin to and actually read a whole book in Latin (the first Harry Potter). She was like .

Then much later, when the class came to an end, the lady on my other side comes to me and asks me how it is that I'm so quickly up to speed with the material, so I confess that I already know a little bit of Spanish but not much. That my sister knows it and that when I get the chance I read a lot (like newspapers and info in museums) but that I also have an affinity with languages. So she continues that I must be good with music too, like reading notes. I reply that I don't know how to read notes but I am quite capable of replaying entire symphonies in my head. Her response, a knowing smile.

I swear, I tried to be "normal" and I was planning on informing them I'm autistic so that they should not take offence that I don't look them in the eyes when we dialogue but I think it has been established that my brain functions on another level.

Comment

AO3 has been down for hours now.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        *waves* Good morning, Who Knows! Hey, someone's got to keep the internet from burning down, LOL!

I know it's been hot hot HOT on the East Coast and JT-2 has mentioned before that her old computer doesn't do too well in the heat, so I'm guessing that's what's been keeping her away. Falcon Horus is probably bogged down with work, that's happened before. Wouldn't be surprised if she shows up with a new tale of workplace shenanigans that will eventually make its way into The Office Saga...
                        Yup, as usual Scary Kitty is completely correct. Now that it's September, hopefully things will get better!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: It was a fantastic opening weekend, as USC won a nailbiter against LSU 27-20, Tennessee smacked down Chattanooga 69-3 (Zandra's Ashes is no doubt very happy!), Rhode Island beat Holy Cross 20-17, and in the running for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Merrimack 21-6, and Navy beat Bucknell 49-21. On to this weekend!
                        Whoot whoot!!!!!!! (69-3 though... Poor Chattanooga)

Professional football starts up on Thursday!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Although I am truly not expecting a good season. Both my home team (New England Patriots) and my chosen team (Las Vegas Raiders) are in rebuilding years with new coaches, and questionable new quarterbacks. Even my friends' team, the Philadelphia Eagles, managed to crash and burn at the end of last season. So we'll see what happens!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        I swear, I tried to be "normal" and I was planning on informing them I'm autistic so that they should not take offence that I don't look them in the eyes when we dialogue but I think it has been established that my brain functions on another level.
                        Normality is for wimps.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Normality is for wimps.

Have fun with your Spanish class, Falcon Horus, it sounds like you're got a good group!

AO3 has been down for hours now.
                          According to their status updates Xwitter, they've been having some server issues. Looks like they're up now, though.

Yup, as usual Scary Kitty is completely correct. Now that it's September, hopefully things will get better!!
                          Consistently cooler weather can't come soon enough! We've got another warm up out here later in the week...

Professional football starts up on Thursday!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Although I am truly not expecting a good season. Both my home team (New England Patriots) and my chosen team (Las Vegas Raiders) are in rebuilding years with new coaches, and questionable new quarterbacks. Even my friends' team, the Philadelphia Eagles, managed to crash and burn at the end of last season. So we'll see what happens!
                          It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Seahawks this year, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I forgot about College Football in my previous post but I was thinking about it last week.

And GO FALCONS!!
                            Off to a good start.

On the 5th of October the Falcons will be playing Navy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I forgot about College Football in my previous post but I was thinking about it last week.

And GO FALCONS!!
                              Off to a good start.

On the 5th of October the Falcons will be playing Navy.
                              John is no doubt already bracing himself for the Air Force vs Marines shenanigans that'll be happening in Atlantis during Rivalry Week...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X