No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Sister had to turn in her old Surface laptop at work but they get the opportunity to buy it back for 50 euro (54 dollar) so she asked me if I was interested in her old Surface (which is barely a few years old and in mint condition). My own tablet/PC is starting to get some years on it and while it's still functioning, it might be time to look for an upgraded version (also the L-key is broke and gets loose sometimes -- dropped a book on it).

Anyway, a Surface Pro 6 in mint condition for 50 euros... Okay, sure, why not.

Turns out, they come without the power supply because those things can still be used for the newer laptops at work. No worries, I was thinking, I'll buy it from the local tech-store chain.

I just paid tripple the price of the 2nd hand laptop for a new power supply. 140 euro for a Surface Pro power supply. WHAAAAAT?!? Are they made out of gold?!!?
    WTF?!?!?!? That's highway robbery!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around. I've become obsessed with all things Bridgerton. Yeah, I'm a sap for period romance drama stuff. (Even when it's completely not accurate historically).
    Sounds awesome! I may have to check that out at some point.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The Celtics have won their first 3 games. Just one more and they will be in the finals!! Two of the three games have been very close, so at least it's been exciting.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Sounds awesome! I may have to check that out at some point.
      Warning - it is steamy. Didn't want you assuming this was some G rated Jane Austen thing. It is not. But it's very good. Like I said, as long as you are willing to handwave historical accuracy. I repeat this as I have a friend who is violently against the series due to this fact. She can't grasp how I can handwave it. Dude, my favorite show has an alien that sucks your life out through its palms. I can accept weird stuff.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

The Celtics have won their first 3 games. Just one more and they will be in the finals!! Two of the three games have been very close, so at least it's been exciting.
        Oooh, a sweep is always fun!

Warning - it is steamy. Didn't want you assuming this was some G rated Jane Austen thing. It is not. But it's very good. Like I said, as long as you are willing to handwave historical accuracy. I repeat this as I have a friend who is violently against the series due to this fact. She can't grasp how I can handwave it. Dude, my favorite show has an alien that sucks your life out through its palms. I can accept weird stuff.
        Oh, no worries. Remember that Mystic Knights fic I'm working on? It was a kids show, but my fic is definitely going into R-rated territory. Yay for (very) loosely historical soap operas!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oooh, a sweep is always fun!
          And it would give them more time to prepare for the finals. We'll see if they can make it a sweep. Next game is Monday night.

Oh, no worries. Remember that Mystic Knights fic I'm working on? It was a kids show, but my fic is definitely going into R-rated territory. Yay for (very) loosely historical soap operas!
          I hear you! That's the best thing about fiction, you can mold and stretch it to whatever your imagination can conjure.

And I DO like to have logic within my fiction, but I don't need it to be accurate. Meaning, as long as things fall within the world that has been built, I am okay with it. So that's why I get irritated with things like Ford being able to pilot the puddle jumper on his own in Siege 3 when he was never shown to have gotten the ATA gene. It needs to make sense within the world. That's the point where my siblings don't understand me. They'll just say "it's a show!"
          Last edited by JT-2; 26 May 2024, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and for those of us in the US, a peaceful Memorial Day.

And it would give them more time to prepare for the finals. We'll see if they can make it a sweep. Next game is Monday night.
            Good luck!

I hear you! That's the best thing about fiction, you can mold and stretch it to whatever your imagination can conjure.

And I DO like to have logic within my fiction, but I don't need it to be accurate. Meaning, as long as things fall within the world that has been built, I am okay with it. So that's why I get irritated with things like Ford being able to pilot the puddle jumper on his own in Siege 3 when he was never shown to have gotten the ATA gene. It needs to make sense within the world. That's the point where my siblings don't understand me. They'll just say "it's a show!"
            Exactly! It would be one thing if it was intended to be historically accurate, but it's not. So as long as it stays internally consistent, I don't care, I just want a rippin' good yarn.

Comment

I thought about retiring the Office Saga but then the phrase "Katie talks to her plants" popped into my brain and the thought was soon forgotten.

I do think the Unofficial Saga is going to grow into its own little thread spin-off cause there was the phrase "Katie talks to her plants"...

I've been telling the weeds to stop growing and the Ringneck Parrots to stop making the flimsy branch of our tree bend all the way down... which then catapults whichever Parrot sitting closest to the top away when the second one lower on the branch flies away.

I love my Parrots though... they are very entertaining animals and I love having Jack & Jill and Will & Grace come by every day. Yes, they are an invasive species here but they seem to do just fine.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good luck!
                Celtics won!!! They caught up in score in the last few minutes and won! Woo Hoooooooooooo!!!!

On to the finals, baby!

Exactly! It would be one thing if it was intended to be historically accurate, but it's not. So as long as it stays internally consistent, I don't care, I just want a rippin' good yarn.
                See, you get it!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                I thought about retiring the Office Saga but then the phrase "Katie talks to her plants" popped into my brain and the thought was soon forgotten.

I do think the Unofficial Saga is going to grow into its own little thread spin-off cause there was the phrase "Katie talks to her plants"...

I've been telling the weeds to stop growing and the Ringneck Parrots to stop making the flimsy branch of our tree bend all the way down... which then catapults whichever Parrot sitting closest to the top away when the second one lower on the branch flies away.

I love my Parrots though... they are very entertaining animals and I love having Jack & Jill and Will & Grace come by every day. Yes, they are an invasive species here but they seem to do just fine.
                Oh I would totally love to read that!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Celtics won!!! They caught up in score in the last few minutes and won! Woo Hoooooooooooo!!!!

On to the finals, baby!
                  Hooray!!!!!! Good luck in the finals!

See, you get it!!
                  Yep, no crazy continuity-breaking nonsense here!

Oh I would totally love to read that!!
                  I agree, that would be awesome! Bonus points if there's some way to get the Parrots into the story!

Comment

I agree, that would be awesome! Bonus points if there's some way to get the Parrots into the story!
                    If they can be invasive here, they can be invasive in Atlantis.

I can make that happen. I need to make that happen.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

If they can be invasive here, they can be invasive in Atlantis.

I can make that happen. I need to make that happen.
                      I am such an enabler!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Ten parrots in the yard today, fighting over the nuts and trying to outdo each other. They are a very distracting entertainment when trying to work.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ten parrots in the yard today, fighting over the nuts and trying to outdo each other. They are a very distracting entertainment when trying to work.
                            Hahahah! They sound like squirrels!

Comment

Hahahah! They sound like squirrels!
                              Oh my goddess, they are. They are the squirrels of the sky.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh my goddess, they are. They are the squirrels of the sky.

Comment

Working...
                                X