Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *hugs* Good luck on the surgery! I feel you on all the pre-op stuff; we're going through all that right now with my mom (hers is on April 8). It's just a minor thing, but yeah, all the scans and tests and pre-op phone calls, and then we've got the added fun of booking hotel rooms and ferry rides. We'll all be glad when it's done, that's for sure!
    Best of luck to your mom!!

*nods* Seasons 4 and 5 don't exist. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. *makes stabby motions*
    Most exactly!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    Imagine my surprise earlier today when I spotted JT-2 on our roads.

Not actually the person, obviously, but a car crossed me from the other direction with a license plate that read JT-2.

I was driving to my best friend to drop off the house keys so she can come and take care of our cats. We had coffee and cake and then we both disappeared down a rabbithole of researching a collection of wax seals she recently inherited from a great-uncle. Completely lost track of time but oh my goddess, we had so much fun.

Already found a few people that are mentioned -- all of nobility I might add -- so we're already planning roadtrips to go and see if we can find traces of them in the places they lived.

That's hilarious!!

Enjoy your vacation!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Ah... sun, sea, plenty of wind (makes it chilly) ... and being lazy as hell... I've been looking forward to this.

A.k.a. FH is on vacation.
      Hooray for vacay! Have a great time!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Best of luck to your mom!!
      Thanks! *hugs*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Dipped my toes into the Mediteranean Sea and *shrieks* ... that was cold.

But otherwise the weather is really nice, and spying on the boats coming and going is fun too.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

But otherwise the weather is really nice, and spying on the boats coming and going is fun too.
          Brrr! Sounds cold enough to make me want to climb back under the bedcovers! Glad you're having fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So glad you're having a good time!

The weather is vile here. Huge rain storm. It's so windy they actually closed the beach! I drove down there this morning and there were barriers up around the parking lot.

I'm still laughing about you seeing my name on a license plate. When I originally got a car, I tried to get a JT plate but none were available at the time. Just as well, though, since my mom gave me her plate after she stopped driving. It had been her mother's plate before her (it was their initials - well, my mom's maiden initials). So now it's cool that I have the family plate.

Comment

Well, we can choose what goes on a license plate, within reason (although some that I've seen I can't say hold much reason) and for a steep price -- 1000 euro (+ 38 euro for administrative expenses) (= 1124,87 US Dollar).

Since the price is steep, most don't and go with the system in use, therefore all our license plates start with a 1 or a 2, followed by 3 letters and 3 numbers.

You can keep the plate when you buy a new car, or opt for a new one.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The weather is vile here. Huge rain storm. It's so windy they actually closed the beach! I drove down there this morning and there were barriers up around the parking lot.
                Eeep! Stay safe in that storm! It's a bit windy out here today, chilly but sunny.

I'm still laughing about you seeing my name on a license plate. When I originally got a car, I tried to get a JT plate but none were available at the time. Just as well, though, since my mom gave me her plate after she stopped driving. It had been her mother's plate before her (it was their initials - well, my mom's maiden initials). So now it's cool that I have the family plate.
                ​Hah! That's so neat!

Well, we can choose what goes on a license plate, within reason (although some that I've seen I can't say hold much reason) and for a steep price -- 1000 euro (+ 38 euro for administrative expenses) (= 1124,87 US Dollar).

Since the price is steep, most don't and go with the system in use, therefore all our license plates start with a 1 or a 2, followed by 3 letters and 3 numbers.

You can keep the plate when you buy a new car, or opt for a new one.
                Wow! I don't know how much personalized plates are here (and it's probably different for every state), but I can't imagine they're that expensive. After all, it's a money-maker for the government.

Comment

Also, on the license plate... sometimes people get really unlucky choices. Recently spotted the following combo 2-FCK-[numbers not important] ... I mean... ...easy to remember sure but a bit awkward nonetheless.

Comment

Eeep! Stay safe in that storm! It's a bit windy out here today, chilly but sunny.
                    Thanks! It finally ended in the afternoon. It's chilly here too. Although by next Monday it's going to be in the mid-60s!

​Hah! That's so neat!
                    Yes, and it made my mom incredibly happy that I kept the plate in the family. So it was a win on all fronts.

Wow! I don't know how much personalized plates are here (and it's probably different for every state), but I can't imagine they're that expensive. After all, it's a money-maker for the government.
                    Yeah, I just looked up prices in Rhode Island. It's under $100 for a customized plate.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    Also, on the license plate... sometimes people get really unlucky choices. Recently spotted the following combo 2-FCK-[numbers not important] ... I mean... ...easy to remember sure but a bit awkward nonetheless.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LOL, whoops! I'm surprised no one caught that before it went out... Over here, something like that would be automatically rejected if it was requested for a personalized plate. The agencies that issue the license plates in each state are really nitpicky about catching that stuff, and I can't imagine they're any less careful with checking the standard-issue randomized plates.​

Thanks! It finally ended in the afternoon. It's chilly here too. Although by next Monday it's going to be in the mid-60s!
                      Heat wave! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Comment

LOL, whoops! I'm surprised no one caught that before it went out...
                        Standard plate so no checking what comes out in the combos. There's a better check on personalized ones since certain words are not allowed, or like copyrighted ones. My preference "TARDIS" would probably not get approved.

Vacay is over. Flying home tomorrow morning.
                        Don't want to. Bleh!

Got some images coming to insta still -- visited some cool sites yesterday and today.
                        And today we went off-road for a wee bit and nearly got ourselves lost.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Standard plate so no checking what comes out in the combos. There's a better check on personalized ones since certain words are not allowed, or like copyrighted ones. My preference "TARDIS" would probably not get approved.
                          Heh!

Vacay is over. Flying home tomorrow morning.
                          Don't want to. Bleh!

Got some images coming to insta still -- visited some cool sites yesterday and today.
                          And today we went off-road for a wee bit and nearly got ourselves lost.
                          Wah to the end of vacay! It's never as long as it should be.

Nearly got lost? Now that sounds like a road trip!

Comment

Well, I am not really following like I was, now that they are past the Elizabeth years. I'll catch a post now and then, but I'm not keeping up like I was. Seasons 4 and 5 just suck and I don't care about them. *shrugs*
                            You know what's kind of fascinating? Jen watching the show kind of caused me to revisit my old memories of it and re-investigate what was going on at the time.

It was long enough ago that I had actually forgotten some of it.

I just found an old Gateworld article that talked about Torri saying she was upset about how her exit was handled and then Joe Mallozzi responding by basically saying that she should have been grateful. I had forgotten about that, but it all came back to me at once, and suddenly it was like I was back in 2009 and 2010 being resentful of the showrunners again.

It's especially funny given how much seems to have changed since then.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

You know what's kind of fascinating? Jen watching the show kind of caused me to revisit my old memories of it and re-investigate what was going on at the time.

I just found an old Gateworld article that talked about Torri saying she was upset about how her exit was handled and then Joe Mallozzi responding by basically saying that she should have been grateful. I had forgotten about that, but it all came back to me at once, and suddenly it was like I was back in 2009 and 2010 being resentful of the showrunners again.

Yeah, I have not forgiven them one little bit. I can keep a grudge with the best of them.

I don't follow Joe Mallozzi on Twitter, but some of his posts end up on my timeline. Each time I see one, I feel a spark of rage.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Welp, we're off for the surgery trip today, so I'll be offline until probably Tuesday night. Have fun, and as always, try not to burn down the internet while I'm gone!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Yeah, I think this is why I've avoided rewatches and going back through the archives and all. Because I just know it's going to get me all riled up again, and I don't need that.

Yeah, I have not forgiven them one little bit. I can keep a grudge with the best of them.

I don't follow Joe Mallozzi on Twitter, but some of his posts end up on my timeline. Each time I see one, I feel a spark of rage.
                                Yep. No mercy! *shakes fist*

Comment

Working...
                                X