No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Speaking of old tech, did any of you have Pong? Since SK and FH are a bit younger than me, maybe they won't. We had it when I was really young.
    Didn't have it, but I know of it.

That's too funny. I remember floppy discs and dot matrix printers. Ah, the good old days.
    Yup!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, due to my symptoms not going away despite the medication she gave me, my doctor offered to move up my biopsy to this Friday instead of next Friday. Which is good. I want to just get this show on the road!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Didn't have it, but I know of it.
      Yeah I figured that if I was just a little kid when I had it, that you wouldn't have had it at all. I only had that due to having a brother 11 years older than me. So what I'm saying here, is that I didn't get to play it all that often.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yup!
      Dot matrix printing is another sound that lives in my brain forever. My first college job was working in a computer lab with a huge printer. That sound still haunts me.

Comment

Speaking of old tech, did any of you have Pong? Since SK and FH are a bit younger than me, maybe they won't. We had it when I was really young.
        I know of it but no, never had it.

Floppydisks... I think I still have one somewhere. Same for the joystick, I think, and 3.5inch disks.

I should put them up on display. Next to my viewmaster maybe, and my vintage cameras (2 of which date back to the 1930/40ties).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Well, due to my symptoms not going away despite the medication she gave me, my doctor offered to move up my biopsy to this Friday instead of next Friday. Which is good. I want to just get this show on the road!
          Sounds like a good idea. Hope it goes well!

Dot matrix printing is another sound that lives in my brain forever. My first college job was working in a computer lab with a huge printer. That sound still haunts me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Floppydisks... I think I still have one somewhere. Same for the joystick, I think, and 3.5inch disks.

I should put them up on display. Next to my viewmaster maybe, and my vintage cameras (2 of which date back to the 1930/40ties).
          Oooh, that would make a great shadowbox display!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You should definitely put them on display! I remember having a viewmaster. Good times. And that's really cool that you have such vintage cameras.

​​​​​​

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Sounds like a good idea. Hope it goes well!
            Thanks! I made the mistake of googling the procedure. At first I was just viewing medical references, which all described it as "uncomfortable" to "mildly painful." But then I went to a reddit thread of women describing it. I wish I hadn't gone there.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Thanks! I made the mistake of googling the procedure. At first I was just viewing medical references, which all described it as "uncomfortable" to "mildly painful." But then I went to a reddit thread of women describing it. I wish I hadn't gone there.
              *shudders*

Comment

Anymore news yet JT-2?
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  Anymore news yet JT-2?
                  Thanks for checking in. I had the test. It wasn't as bad as I feared. Painful, yes, but not unbearable. The doctor said she'd call with the results early next week. I'll keep you all updated.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks for checking in. I had the test. It wasn't as bad as I feared. Painful, yes, but not unbearable. The doctor said she'd call with the results early next week. I'll keep you all updated.
                    Good to hear the test went well, and may the results be even better!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Remember that kid I told you about with leukemia.

So yesterday we met up with our friends and the kids, and after we played a game of Ticket To Ride, the kid started playing this intriguing puzzle game called IQ Link. It was a solo game so I was merely there holding the booklet with the instructions open and watch her solve every game option.

She told me she'd gotten the game from her grandma, and she also got another game from her but that she had foregone reading the instructions and then misplaced them, and had just let the cube unravel into the snake and she didn't know how to put it back into the cube form.

Our friend said they had all tried for hours but none had gotten it back to the cube. My sister said that they should give it to me and that I would be able to solve it because I had done a similar puzzle before that she'd gotten. I told them that I would try but no promises, that I didn't know the thing they were talking about so it would be anyone's guess.

This is the puzzle I'm talking about --> Snake-to-Cube puzzle

So I set to work but we were having dinner first, so I'm putting it aside for a bit. Dinner's done and I'm thinking I should give it a try. About 15 minutes later I'm dropping the cube on the table with a "Done!" and I'm literally staring at 5 surprised faces.

"You solved it?"

Our friend to her kids: "Don't unravel it! Be careful! Put it somewhere we can't break it again!"

She then continued that her brother-in-law, an engineer, had tried for hours and hadn't been able to solve it. She was gonna tell him I did it in 15 minutes.

Comment

So I set to work but we were having dinner first, so I'm putting it aside for a bit. Dinner's done and I'm thinking I should give it a try. About 15 minutes later I'm dropping the cube on the table with a "Done!" and I'm literally staring at 5 surprised faces.

"You solved it?"

Our friend to her kids: "Don't unravel it! Be careful! Put it somewhere we can't break it again!"

She then continued that her brother-in-law, an engineer, had tried for hours and hadn't been able to solve it. She was gonna tell him I did it in 15 minutes.
                          So you are not just a pretty face. But your friend's faith in you being smart & not just lucky is touching. "Don't unravel it because FH was just lucky & won't be able to fix it again"
                          And I think you will be seeing her again soon because her brother-in-law will not believe a girl can do what he (a boy) can't!
                          (Admit it,it was Pat & Josaphine who really solved it for you) Mmo9zFu.gif
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Remember that kid I told you about with leukemia.

So yesterday we met up with our friends and the kids, and after we played a game of Ticket To Ride, the kid started playing this intriguing puzzle game called IQ Link. It was a solo game so I was merely there holding the booklet with the instructions open and watch her solve every game option.

She told me she'd gotten the game from her grandma, and she also got another game from her but that she had foregone reading the instructions and then misplaced them, and had just let the cube unravel into the snake and she didn't know how to put it back into the cube form.

Our friend said they had all tried for hours but none had gotten it back to the cube. My sister said that they should give it to me and that I would be able to solve it because I had done a similar puzzle before that she'd gotten. I told them that I would try but no promises, that I didn't know the thing they were talking about so it would be anyone's guess.

"You solved it?"

OMG, that is an AWESOME story! I think Who Knows is right, though; be prepared to do another demonstration for non-believers.

Comment

The brother-in-law was impressed with my skills so I'm safe.

I could probably do it again but I sincerely hope that the eldest will take a shot at it next time. She's very competitive so I'm going to make an educated guess she won't let it sit idly by without having tried to solve it at least once.

Comment

I haven't heard from the doctor yet. Hopefully later today (Tuesday).

"You solved it?"

Good for you!! I think I had one of those back in my youth.

Originally posted by Who Knows
                                So you are not just a pretty face. But your friend's faith in you being smart & not just lucky is touching. "Don't unravel it because FH was just lucky & won't be able to fix it again"
                                And I think you will be seeing her again soon because her brother-in-law will not believe a girl can do what he (a boy) can't!​
                                I'll agree here with Who Knows and Scary Kitty. You will be expected to do it again, to prove it wasn't just a fluke that you could do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X