No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Migraine-day... yay me!

But at least the music at the grocery store was tolerable today. The lights not so much.
    Ooooh, I've had days like that...not fun. Hope you're feeling better!

Also, got some extra stuff from the everything-for-your-yard-pets-and-baking-cookies/bread-store (I don't know what sort of English word to use to refer to it) for the birds frequenting our yard. Tomorrow, I'm adding a pole which will hold up the birdfeeders.
    Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    Sounds like a hardware store.
    Definitely a hardware store. At least, the old-school independent ones. The modern big box places like Home Depot and Lowes, not so much, at least as far as carrying housewares-type stuff (cookie sheets and the like).

And yay, birds! That reminds me that we need to try to get some hummingbird feeders up this year. Better still, plant some hummer-friendly flowers.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Boo the all-day-rain ruined the birdfeeder plans.

Continued my rewatch of Angel instead.

Also, migraine worm has yet to vacate the premises. It better do that tonight cause tomorrow's the first day in the Brussel's office of the outsourcing job. My badge has yet to arrive -- I knew sending it through the mail was a bad idea but hey... their idea, not mine.

Curious what it's going to be like over there.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Also, migraine worm has yet to vacate the premises. It better do that tonight cause tomorrow's the first day in the Brussel's office of the outsourcing job. My badge has yet to arrive -- I knew sending it through the mail was a bad idea but hey... their idea, not mine.

I hope you feel better soon!!

And good luck with the new job. I surely hope your migraine goes away before that starts.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Aww, bummer about the rain, but at least you had a backup plan!

Hope that migraine's gone away! And major uh-oh at the new job trying to send your badge through the main instead of having it at the front desk for you to pick up. That's not going to end well...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

One last painkiller this morning send the worm packing... which was just in time for the adventure of the day.

Both my trains this morning were on time, and plenty space to sit. Can't say the same about both my trains in the evening. Both were delayed and the first one had no seating space left as it was a very crowded train.

Onwards to the office... they are in the middle of moving from this building to another building across the boulevard (it's a really wide street with a lane of trees in the middle) so there were people walking back and forth at a constant rate. For my ADHD/Autism brain, this is a big no-no.

Also, they are far from ADHD/Autism friendly. Lunch was had in an open space cafeteria where noise carried. There were close to 200 people in that area, all talking and clinging their utensils in their plates. For me that's a personal hell.

Next time, I need to wear my Engage Loops so I can actively filter out the background noise and at least have a decent conversation with my colleagues.

If you want to experience how it feels for me, just find any white noise like when you're trying to find a radiostation but you don't know which bandwith its at so you have to search for it and while you do that you just get noise.
            In such a situation, I'm basically deaf because I can't distinguish different noises and thus having a conversation is very difficult, especially when reading lips becomes really difficult due to eating by the other party.

However, some plusses... there's an actual coffee bar with really good coffee (at least the cappuccino was good) and the sandwiches on the menu also looked really good. Also, instead of going into the office on thursday, I can work from home cause neither one of my colleagues will be at the Brussel's office that day.

Badge wasn't ready (as expected), neither were some accesses and the software I need wasn't yet installed (planned for tuesday -- when I'm not actually working for them).

I was drained when I got home, though I think I'll sleep really well.

Edit
            And I think my muse thought it an excellent time to rear her head again.... even though Valentine was last week. I think I have delayed idea going through my brain.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

One last painkiller this morning send the worm packing... which was just in time for the adventure of the day.

Both my trains this morning were on time, and plenty space to sit. Can't say the same about both my trains in the evening. Both were delayed and the first one had no seating space left as it was a very crowded train.

Onwards to the office... they are in the middle of moving from this building to another building across the boulevard (it's a really wide street with a lane of trees in the middle) so there were people walking back and forth at a constant rate. For my ADHD/Autism brain, this is a big no-no.

Also, they are far from ADHD/Autism friendly. Lunch was had in an open space cafeteria where noise carried. There were close to 200 people in that area, all talking and clinging their utensils in their plates. For me that's a personal hell.

Next time, I need to wear my Engage Loops so I can actively filter out the background noise and at least have a decent conversation with my colleagues.

If you want to experience how it feels for me, just find any white noise like when you're trying to find a radiostation but you don't know which bandwith its at so you have to search for it and while you do that you just get noise.
              In such a situation, I'm basically deaf because I can't distinguish different noises and thus having a conversation is very difficult, especially when reading lips becomes really difficult due to eating by the other party.

However, some plusses... there's an actual coffee bar with really good coffee (at least the cappuccino was good) and the sandwiches on the menu also looked really good. Also, instead of going into the office on thursday, I can work from home cause neither one of my colleagues will be at the Brussel's office that day.

Badge wasn't ready (as expected), neither were some accesses and the software I need wasn't yet installed (planned for tuesday -- when I'm not actually working for them).

I was drained when I got home, though I think I'll sleep really well.

Edit
              And I think my muse thought it an excellent time to rear her head again.... even though Valentine was last week. I think I have delayed idea going through my brain.
              At the sensory battering working/eating environment. And why am I not surprised that stuff wasn't ready for you?

Oh well, at least now you know what to expect and you won't be there again this week, so you've got time to chill and get ready for next week. And that coffee bar sounds major yummy, something fun to look forward to!

Hope you slept really well and yay for slaying that pesky headache!

Comment

Software was installed today and first code reviews can begin... but I'm going to be left to my own devices cause neither colleague will have time if I were to have questions.

Still no sign of... oh shoot... I forgot to empty the mailbox. Doh!

Ah well... so be it. First thing tomorrow... I peeked in through the front, there was something in there.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another Wednesday, another trip to the mainland. Medical appointments (went well!) and shopping (also went well!). A fine time was had by all.

Software was installed today and first code reviews can begin... but I'm going to be left to my own devices cause neither colleague will have time if I were to have questions.
                  Yay and ooops all at the same time!

Still no sign of... oh shoot... I forgot to empty the mailbox. Doh!

Ah well... so be it. First thing tomorrow... I peeked in through the front, there was something in there.
                  LOL! Ah, The Great Badge Hunt begins in earnest!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      LOL! Ah, The Great Badge Hunt begins in earnest!
                      *tumbleweed rolling past in that area*

The only thing important in the mailbox was the note to renew our entrance pass for the zoo, which I had already taken care of last week or so.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*tumbleweed rolling past in that area*

The only thing important in the mailbox was the note to renew our entrance pass for the zoo, which I had already taken care of last week or so.
                        D'oh! Looks like The Hunt continues!

Comment

I have a feeling that the entrance pass for the new building will arrive sooner than the current building they're in. It's just a feeling.

My support tickets drove me bananas today.
                          Some of our clients really have no manners and are extremely arrogant in their mailings. The moment one of them mailed me back and wrote my name wrong, I chose to ignore his whining and loudly declared -- "wouldn't you know my weekend just started, too bad. This'll be a monday-problem then"

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Another Wednesday, another trip to the mainland. Medical appointments (went well!) and shopping (also went well!). A fine time was had by all.
                            So glad your trip went well, and that your appointments were okay!! I had a test on Friday afternoon and see a surgeon on Monday morning. We'll see if I'll be having surgery or not. *sigh*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            I have a feeling that the entrance pass for the new building will arrive sooner than the current building they're in. It's just a feeling.

Some of our clients really have no manners and are extremely arrogant in their mailings. The moment one of them mailed me back and wrote my name wrong, I chose to ignore his whining and loudly declared -- "wouldn't you know my weekend just started, too bad. This'll be a monday-problem then"

That's hilarious!!! Good for you!

It amazes me how rude some people can be.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

That...would not surprise me.

Hahahahahah! To the back of the queue! Serves them right!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              So glad your trip went well, and that your appointments were okay!! I had a test on Friday afternoon and see a surgeon on Monday morning. We'll see if I'll be having surgery or not. *sigh*
                              *hugs you* Hopefully it goes well! Good luck! *moar hugs*

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

It amazes me how rude some people can be.
                                And not just in retail as is more commonly known.

We have a contact among one of our clients whose reputation precedes him as being extremely rude in his replies. So when one of the managers this week told me that he would give a support ticket of this company to one of my newer colleagues instead of me (as I'm usually the one designated to do their support tickets), I asked him whether it was a good idea at all to stick the rude contact on our new boy. His reply was along the lines of "barking dogs, don't bite" but nevertheless, it can still be very intimidating.

And obviously, he didn't disappoint... which was no surprise in hindsight.

I mean, this contact always reminds me of Kavanagh for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X