Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Years to all!!!!

Last week all my football teams won. This week they all lost. The football gods giveth, and they taketh away.

Hey Who Knows, I hope you're feeling okay!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    They'd probably all keel over in shock if they ever went to a big fandom convention like Comic-Con.
    That's another thing I never told them... that I went to the Stargate con in Chicago.

One time when the Rhode Island Comic-Con was going on, my sister made a derogatory comment about people who attend things like that. I was just like.... "well, I think that's stereotyping" but she just thought the whole thing was hilarious. Honestly, I don't even understand how we're from the same family sometimes. My mom would have been cool with it, as she loved sci-fi. *shrugs*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And once more with feeling...here's the College Football Bowl Roundup! It's party time, as Tennessee smoked Iowa 35-0 in the Citrus Bowl! Congratulations to the Volunteers! As for next week's Championship game, it'll be the Michigan Wolverines versus the University of Washington Huskies...the PNW is jumping with Husky Hype!
      Oops, forgot to reply to this. Good luck to the Huskies!! (My alma mater, Northeastern University in Boston, also are the Huskies!)

Comment

Happy New Year!
        Wishing all of you the best and a healthy 2024!

Come May 2024, I will be celebrating 20 years on Gateworld.
        Yum! Add some Hawaiian-style macaroni salad, and it's chow time!
        Oh, that sounds like an excellent side dish.
        Saved the link so we can try it out.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And the Sparky Mistletoe Madness I created eons ago. I'm still rather proud of it.
        I keep imagining other expedition members wandering out into those hallways, suddenly finding themselves square underneath a mistletoe... and who am I kidding here, obviously I was thinking about Kate and Teyla. Duh!

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention these clips I saw on the news. We had talked about the weird bowl game names.

Watch the Duke Mayo Bowl's event. The coach gets a mayo dump, instead of the traditional Gateraid dump.

And the Pop Tart Bowl had a huge edible pop tart mascot.

Oh... damn...

Don't celebrate christmas but had 4 days off and on tuesday visited the light spectacle at the zoo, Dragons & Unicorns (trailer of the event).

Then had to work and boy, do I have a saga to tell about that... more on that later.

We spent old to new at home as we weren't able to spend it with our usual bunch, the friends whose daughter has leucemia. Her blood values were really bad so we didn't want to take the chance of her coming into contact with too many different peope.

So, much like during lockdown we videocalled, then had homemade Cornish Pasty which is a pastry case traditionally filled with beef skirt, potato, swede and onion, and then we gamed until our game crashed around 1 in the morning.

We had to get up early to celebrate new years with the rest of the family where I had a surprisingly good time with my grand-nephew and niece, Vic (4yo) and Elma (1yo on Friday -- my birthday buddy). Played games and were merry all around.

Today was back to work but left early, much like the operations manager, so I could drive home with some light of day still since we have wind and rain -- and lots of it -- currently happening ... and yeah, that moment when I felt the wheels of my car loose their grip on the road, I was really happy that my Need For Speed-gamer brain took control cause I felt a slight panic in that moment. Managed to keep control on the wheel and keep my car in its lane.

Anywho... back to the work saga...

So, the lead developer on the bank project is currently out of office so I'm the back-up lead. Last week wednesday was my first day back, and I started on continuing the development. I had some stuff to get in order before I could kick it off but when I come back after lunch, I notice that the application I need for development is offline.

I'm thinking I did something wrong but after a few attempts and trying to open pages that my colleague opened 2 weeks ago, the same error message occurred. I take a screenshot and sent a mail to my operations manager and a colleague also working on the project, telling them I hit a snag. The OM sends me a whole bunch of contacts where I can file my issue, which I immediately do.

It a reminder put on high importance to get a reply back from one person only (the rest are seemingly all out of office until the 4th or even the 8th of January): "Oh yeah, sorry for the inconvenience but the application is under maintenance this week. It will probably be back next week."

And nobody thought to inform us about that?!?

Anywho... today I'm heading out into the office, having semi high hopes that the application will be back online and development can continue.

Hopes crushed around 9:15 when my account on the client's laptop is locked, and it won't let me change my password. The application is also still offline and the one person who was kind enough to reply last week, was also out of office until friday this week, bringing the development to an absolute stand still.

I literally have nothing else to do now so I'm an expert at keeping busy.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy New Years to all!!!!

Hey Who Knows, I hope you're feeling okay!!
          Hi JT-2.
          Thank you for asking. I have been keeping a low profile and just resting.
          Tomorrow (Thursday) I will take a RAT test & let you know.
          But I am feeling OK, sore throat & cough all gone. It has been just like a bad cold, but contagious I suppose.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Last week all my football teams won. This week they all lost. The football gods giveth, and they taketh away.
            Isn't that always the way it goes?

That's another thing I never told them... that I went to the Stargate con in Chicago.

One time when the Rhode Island Comic-Con was going on, my sister made a derogatory comment about people who attend things like that. I was just like.... "well, I think that's stereotyping" but she just thought the whole thing was hilarious. Honestly, I don't even understand how we're from the same family sometimes. My mom would have been cool with it, as she loved sci-fi. *shrugs*
            Oh dear...

Oops, forgot to reply to this. Good luck to the Huskies!! (My alma mater, Northeastern University in Boston, also are the Huskies!)
            Oooh, neat little bit of serendipity!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Happy New Year!
            Wishing all of you the best and a healthy 2024!

WHOA! I just checked my own join date (August 2007) and I'm kinda shook right now. I guess the saying is true that time flies when you're having fun, because it just never occurred to me that we've all been here so long. Awesomesauce!

Glad you had a great time over the holidays (that light show at the zoo looked amazing!), and OMG the work shenanigans! Do I dare suspect that it'll inspire a future episode of the Atlantis Work Saga?

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            Hi JT-2.
            Thank you for asking. I have been keeping a low profile and just resting.
            Tomorrow (Thursday) I will take a RAT test & let you know.
            But I am feeling OK, sore throat & cough all gone. It has been just like a bad cold, but contagious I suppose.
            Glad you're feeling better!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

WHOA! I just checked my own join date (August 2007) and I'm kinda shook right now. I guess the saying is true that time flies when you're having fun, because it just never occurred to me that we've all been here so long. Awesomesauce!
              Yes dear, we're getting wiser and more vintage each year.

...OMG the work shenanigans! Do I dare suspect that it'll inspire a future episode of the Atlantis Work Saga?
              Mmm... I don't actually have anything to do so that would be a good way to keeping busy.

*ponders the chapter*

Who am I going to let suffer my work shenanigans? Choices, choices, choices...

Comment

Well, I am still testing positive for Covid, but I feel OK.
                So the pain is not being free to do what I want too.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yes dear, we're getting wiser and more vintage each year.
                  "Vintage." That's a good way of putting it.

Mmm... I don't actually have anything to do so that would be a good way to keeping busy.

*ponders the chapter*

Who am I going to let suffer my work shenanigans? Choices, choices, choices...
                  MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  Bummer! Well, keep taking it easy so you'll be really rested up when you can go back out and do all the things! Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm finally feeling better after some cajun pasta from Chili's did a doozy on my digestive system. My body is telling me that I'm almost 50 now so I need to watch what I eat. Will I listen? Probably not.

We're supposed to have our first snow storm of the season this weekend, and people are already being crazy about it. It's always crazy for the first one of the season.

Wow, that's impressive!!!

Hopes crushed around 9:15 when my account on the client's laptop is locked, and it won't let me change my password. The application is also still offline and the one person who was kind enough to reply last week, was also out of office until friday this week, bringing the development to an absolute stand still.

I literally have nothing else to do now so I'm an expert at keeping busy.

Dang, that stinks!

Originally posted by Who Knows
                    Sorry to hear you're still testing positive, but I'm glad you're not feeling too bad.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    "Vintage." That's a good way of putting it.
                    Yes, I like that too. That's what I'll call myself now.

Comment

The shenanigans were expended with an "emailsoap" today -- as my operations manager so eloquently put it. I LOL'd.

"Yeah, the refresh happened. It can be up again tomorrow. We'll restart it next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday."

[cue eyeroll]

Anywho... just watched another episode of Hudson & Rex, and I had been wondering with all them Canadian actors making appearances if ever I was going to see my fave of the bunch appear... and lo and behold, there she was. An episode about a play and while every time the more famous faces were the obvious guilty parties in the homicide investigations, Claire did not play the villain this time. She wasn't the murder victim either -- pfew. Also, nice easter egg throwback to when she was just starting out and succesfully played Anne of Green Gables in the Canadian production.

Anywho, off to bed now... I have to "work" tomorrow ... erm, I mean today.

Also, happy birthdays to Joe Flanigan and Paul McGillion.

Comment

And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too, Falcon Horus!!

(I had to reboot my damn old PC 3 separate times just to post this, so I hope you appreciate it! )

ETA: Snow forecast is now saying about 6 inches of snow here on Sunday. Still better than summer.
                        Last edited by JT-2; 04 January 2024, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCON HORUS!!!!

I'm finally feeling better after some cajun pasta from Chili's did a doozy on my digestive system. My body is telling me that I'm almost 50 now so I need to watch what I eat. Will I listen? Probably not.
                          Sounds like me with the chicken tacos last night.

We're supposed to have our first snow storm of the season this weekend, and people are already being crazy about it. It's always crazy for the first one of the season.
                          ETA: Snow forecast is now saying about 6 inches of snow here on Sunday. Still better than summer.
                          Looks like we're going to get hit with some lowland snow next weekend. Forecast is saying up to a foot. A FOOT. IN THE LOWLANDS. UGH! I'd actually rather take summer than the damn snow.

Yes, I like that too. That's what I'll call myself now.
                          Yep.

The shenanigans were expended with an "emailsoap" today -- as my operations manager so eloquently put it. I LOL'd.

"Yeah, the refresh happened. It can be up again tomorrow. We'll restart it next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday."

[cue eyeroll]
                          D'oh!

Anywho... just watched another episode of Hudson & Rex, and I had been wondering with all them Canadian actors making appearances if ever I was going to see my fave of the bunch appear... and lo and behold, there she was. An episode about a play and while every time the more famous faces were the obvious guilty parties in the homicide investigations, Claire did not play the villain this time. She wasn't the murder victim either -- pfew. Also, nice easter egg throwback to when she was just starting out and succesfully played Anne of Green Gables in the Canadian production.

Anywho, off to bed now... I have to "work" tomorrow ... erm, I mean today.

Also, happy birthdays to Joe Flanigan and Paul McGillion.
                          Yay for a Claire sighting! And hoping you've had a wonderful birthday!

Comment

Sounds like me with the chicken tacos last night.
                            Oh dear. Spicy stuff can do bad things to you. Hope you're all better!!

Looks like we're going to get hit with some lowland snow next weekend. Forecast is saying up to a foot. A FOOT. IN THE LOWLANDS. UGH! I'd actually rather take summer than the damn snow.
                            A foot?!?!?!?! That's a lot!!! They've since downgraded the snowfall total a bit. It's now 3-6 inches. But it's not really good news, as it's going to be a frozen mix, so instead of 6 inches of light fluffy snow, it'll be 3-6 inches of heavy, wet stuff. Blaaaaaaaaa.

Still, I choose that rather than the heat.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh dear. Spicy stuff can do bad things to you. Hope you're all better!!
                              Yeah, I'm okay. Usually doesn't take long to go through.

A foot?!?!?!?! That's a lot!!! They've since downgraded the snowfall total a bit. It's now 3-6 inches. But it's not really good news, as it's going to be a frozen mix, so instead of 6 inches of light fluffy snow, it'll be 3-6 inches of heavy, wet stuff. Blaaaaaaaaa.

Still, I choose that rather than the heat.
                              Ugh, the heavy wet slush sucks!

Fortunately, our forecast appears to have downgraded the snow totals as well. Now they're saying about 4 inches from next Friday into Saturday with the temperatures jumping back up into the mid-40s the following Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Football this weekend is going to be a dud for me. The Raiders and Patriots are both out of the playoffs, and they are both playing teams that are also out of the playoffs. So they're only playing for... I guess... pride? The Patriots game might be entertaining for the weather factor, as it's going to be happening in the middle of the snowstorm.

The Eagles are playing too, but they will end up in the playoffs as a wild card win or lose.

So it's a whole big nothing burger. Next comes the playoffs, then the Superbowl (my current money is on the Ravens beating the 49ers in the big game). Then football season is over.

Yeah, I'm okay. Usually doesn't take long to go through.
                                This is true.

Ugh, the heavy wet slush sucks!

Fortunately, our forecast appears to have downgraded the snow totals as well. Now they're saying about 4 inches from next Friday into Saturday with the temperatures jumping back up into the mid-40s the following Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.
                                That's not as bad, then. The storm is definitely on the way now. My back can feel it. (Get off my lawn!)

Comment

Working...
                                X