No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! (and omg I was having so much fun writing yesterday I totally forgot to stop in for Canon Monday LOL! )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

At least, they both fell this time...

Anywho...

2 days away with the best friend booked.
    Restaurant booked too.

And yes, the chances of snow are very, very real cause on our highest peak -- which is ridiculously low if you live near any mountains (our highest "mountain" is 694 meters high) -- there's already a layer of about 10 centimeters (which is about 4 inches).

It's gonna be fun! (I'm not driving -- might change when she learns of the snow)
    Awesome! Hope you both have fun, even with the snow!

Also... did I just buy an Xbox series X? --> I did, saving 150 euros thanks to Black Friday/CyberMonday.

Do I have games which can be played on that console? --> no new ones but it's backwards compatible so basically all of them. I did by the Fallen Jedi Survivor prequel so that's the only new one. I'm still looking for others but it needs to support couch co-op cause I play co-op locally with my sister, and not many games support that sort of game play any longer.

Though I'm basically extending the Xbox console family with one more. All of my consoles are fully functional still. It's like a tiny museum up in my attick.
    Whoo hoo! Gamers unite!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Colleagues of my sister suggested Uncharted as a good co-op play. Unfortunately, that's Playstation only.
      I now seriously doubt their geek-levels if they didn't know that was the case.

It is disappointing though cause I had the opportunity to play an Uncharted demo once on a cinema screen so yeah... that would have been lovely.

Anywho... Gears of War apparently has couch co-op and a game called Human: Fall Flat which apparently is a puzzle game where the characters are wobbly human beings that don't move the way you expect them to move and have to navigate through levels. Might just try that. The title alone has my intrigued.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH - Enjoy your Xbox!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        (and omg I was having so much fun writing yesterday I totally forgot to stop in for Canon Monday LOL! )
        You gotta love it when the muse is cooperating!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Colleagues of my sister suggested Uncharted as a good co-op play. Unfortunately, that's Playstation only.
          I now seriously doubt their geek-levels if they didn't know that was the case.

It is disappointing though cause I had the opportunity to play an Uncharted demo once on a cinema screen so yeah... that would have been lovely.
          LOL at your sister's coworkers geek levels!

Bummer it's not available though.

Anywho... Gears of War apparently has couch co-op and a game called Human: Fall Flat which apparently is a puzzle game where the characters are wobbly human beings that don't move the way you expect them to move and have to navigate through levels. Might just try that. The title alone has my intrigued.
          Heh, that does sound like fun!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          You gotta love it when the muse is cooperating!!
          Yup, it's oh so nice! Gotta milk it for all it's worth!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

FH - Enjoy your Xbox!!!
            I unboxed it today and then had to consult the Microsoft help pages to get it to connect to the wifi, and to set it up.

Also had to rearrange how my consoles are placed. It's a big box thingy so I have it next to the Switch which is now squished between the TV and the 4th Xbox. Wanted to switch it around to the other side, next to my Wii but obviously the electricity cord was too short to reach the socket in the wall.

Someone I know on Twitter had a free code for Game Pass and offered it up so I kindly asked for it. She send it today so I'm gonna start the free 3-month period on Friday and if it's approved, I might just take out a subscription -- gives you access to more free games and lots of fun things (I hope).

Comment

I saw the latest Hunger Games movie in the theater on Monday. It was very good! I haven't read the book, and I don't know that I will now. I'm a huge fan of the original series, and a big supporter that the books are better than the movies. So that is weird for me. But anyway, the movie was really very good. It's long, though (over 2 1/2 hours). I was entertained by it all, but I had to pee so badly by the end of it.

I unboxed it today and then had to consult the Microsoft help pages to get it to connect to the wifi, and to set it up.

Also had to rearrange how my consoles are placed. It's a big box thingy so I have it next to the Switch which is now squished between the TV and the 4th Xbox. Wanted to switch it around to the other side, next to my Wii but obviously the electricity cord was too short to reach the socket in the wall.

Someone I know on Twitter had a free code for Game Pass and offered it up so I kindly asked for it. She send it today so I'm gonna start the free 3-month period on Friday and if it's approved, I might just take out a subscription -- gives you access to more free games and lots of fun things (I hope).

That's awesome!! I haven't played on my Wii in years. I wonder if it still works.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Whoa, that's a lot of work for a game console. And yeah, the cords are never long enough.

I saw the latest Hunger Games movie in the theater on Monday. It was very good! I haven't read the book, and I don't know that I will now. I'm a huge fan of the original series, and a big supporter that the books are better than the movies. So that is weird for me. But anyway, the movie was really very good. It's long, though (over 2 1/2 hours). I was entertained by it all, but I had to pee so badly by the end of it.
                All these long movies are why they need to bring back intermissions.

Glad you enjoyed the movie, though! I'll probably catch it when it finally hits cable.

Comment

All these long movies are why they need to bring back intermissions.
                  You don't have intermissions?

No break to pee or get new snacks?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

You don't have intermissions?

No break to pee or get new snacks?
                    Nope. It's barbaric.

Comment

Nope. It's barbaric.
                      That really is barbaric.
                      Come to Belgium -- we still have intermissions, although only 1 no matter how long the movie lasts.

Anywho, do I have a story to tell tonight...

So there we are, waiting in line at the drive-through at McDonalds, chatting away as we patiently wait to receive our order. We're commenting on a jeep 1 car in front of us and then one of the parked cars in the parking lot who's owner was trying really hard, but failing I might add, at making his car "fast & furious" but it was anything but.

As we roll on further down the line, we notice another car trying to reverse out of its parking spot. However, it gets cut off twice with others cars passing behind it, having right of way. I make a comment about having bad luck...

What follows, however, unbelievable.

Instead of continue to reverse, we notice the car moving forward instead and trying to make a turn to the left in a roundabout way because there's actually an obstacle keeping cars from driving out of the parking spot straight forward in that particular spot.

To my utter surprise, I notice that the car is going extremely close to a white electric car, charging at the charger, and swaps paint all along the side front of that car. The bumper of the white car was cracked and scratched, the charger coupling definitely broken too even though it was still charging afterwards.

Instead of stopping and realizing what is happening, the driver continues his manouvre, scratches the white car some more, then backs up -- even more damage -- then forwards again. By this time he does realize something's wrong so we see him get out and go have a look.

At that point, we're sure he's gonna do the right thing, walk back inside the restaurant and proclaim his actions but NOPE... driver gets back in the car, drives forward again -- yes, even more damage to the white car -- and then in his desperate attempt to make the turn, hits another car -- though very lightly but scratches it nonetheless.

At this point, my sister and I have caught the damage on camera cause it doesn't look like he's stopping at all. In fact, he doesn't... he simply drives off like nothing has happened, which in Belgian road law is a punishable offence.

We immediately inform the staff at McDonalds what has happened. They get the manager who calls the police. He noted down some info from us, gave him the photos we took. The license plate of the car clearly visible and that it's literally parked against the white car's bumper too. The police asked which way he drove off but we couldn't see that since we didn't have an angle past the building but they did get the license plate so I do think they'll locate him anyway.

Afterwards I was thinking I could have tried to stop the guy with my car, blocking his way out but I think he might have tried to hit me. Then thought about how I could have gotten out of the car but I don't think that would have gone over well either.

It was an older guy -- mid to late fifties we're guessing -- and even if he was pretending like nothing was happening, he definitely scratched the entire left side of his car.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! (though none of our teams are playing this week)

That really is barbaric.
                        Come to Belgium -- we still have intermissions, although only 1 no matter how long the movie lasts.
                        Welp, even one intermission is better than none, at least.

We used to have intermissions for longer films a long time ago, but they stopped doing them here because the theater owners wanted to stuff in more showings per day. Ugh.

And OMG that driver at the McDonalds! Geeze, I thought we had lousy drivers here in the US, but that's just nuts!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! (though none of our teams are playing this week)
                          Extra rest so they can hopefully kick butt next week.

We used to have intermissions for longer films a long time ago, but they stopped doing them here because the theater owners wanted to stuff in more showings per day. Ugh.
                          Ah, that makes sense but one would think intermissions were better to keep.

And OMG that driver at the McDonalds! Geeze, I thought we had lousy drivers here in the US, but that's just nuts!
                          I don't know how the evening ended for the owner of that white car but I sincerely hope the driver was apprehended or at least got a visit from the police, and I also hope he has damn good insurance cause he's gonna have to pay for the damage done.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ah, that makes sense but one would think intermissions were better to keep.
                            One would think, but to the theater owners, more showings per day = more money.

I don't know how the evening ended for the owner of that white car but I sincerely hope the driver was apprehended or at least got a visit from the police, and I also hope he has damn good insurance cause he's gonna have to pay for the damage done.
                            *snerks*

Extra rest so they can hopefully kick butt next week.
                            Or whenever their bowl game is. Speaking of which... here's this week's College Football Roundup! No games for our faves this week as everyone's done with their regular season, except for Navy, which has its annual rivalry game with Army on Saturday. Bowl Season starts in two weeks, and those selections have not yet been announced. So everyone enjoy the time off!

Comment

IT SNOWED!!

A bit... not much... but the ground was briefly covered in snow.

G...except for Navy, which has its annual rivalry game with Army on Saturday.
                              That could get interesting.

Comment

Holy smokes, FH! Like SK said, I thought drivers were bad here. I guess it's everywhere. I have to wonder if the guy was high or drunk or something. Cause how did he possibly think he'd get away with it?

And SNOW!!

I had my niece's chorus concert this past weekend. It was good. I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X