No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams1

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Last time it took over a month on the new meds for them to start working. This weekend will be the 1 month mark of my increased dosage, so it really should be improving very soon. Unless this med increase isn't going to do the trick, which I reaaaaaaaally hope isn't the case. I've done a lot of reading on psoriatic arthritis, and there are plenty of other drugs to try if this doesn't work.
    Yikes! At least you've got options, though.

And thanks! We're not supposed to get a direct hit here. But there will be wind and rain tonight so I'm charging my cell phone just in case I lose power. Also, supposed to be big waves so I might take another trip down to the shore to check it out tomorrow morning.
    Whoo, big waves! Good idea on keeping the cell phone full charged just in case. Hopefully that'll be the magic spell that keeps the outages away.

Oooh I love intricate fic like that. Reminds me of a fan written seasons 3 and 4 of Timeless which was just sheer perfection. I swear that fans put more thought and effort into these things than the professionals do. I mean..... "Somehow, Palpatine returned." 'Nough said.

(And Atlantis Rising was so awesome!!)
    OMG don't get me started on the SW sequels...So much potential, so wasted. *heavy sigh*

But yeah, virtual season fics are awesome!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I get to actually watch my Raiders play on Sunday since they're playing the Buffalo Bills. Good luck, Raiders! If the Bills play as poorly as they did last week, you just might have a chance. And then on Sunday night, the Patriots will play the Dolphins. Good luck to the Patriots with that one (she types sarcastically).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Whoo, big waves! Good idea on keeping the cell phone full charged just in case. Hopefully that'll be the magic spell that keeps the outages away.
      Yes, keeping my cell phone charged is the magic spell that keeps outages away! The storm really didn't impact us here. Well, except for the pressure changes making my pain quadruple for awhile last night. OMG!

I did go out to the beach in the morning. Lots of people trying to surf. Lots of cute doggos on the beach. It was a nice trip.

OMG don't get me started on the SW sequels...So much potential, so wasted. *heavy sigh*

But yeah, virtual season fics are awesome!
      Yeah, they wasted soooooooo much potential. I wasn't planning on watching Ahsoka, but now I keep seeing stuff from it that looks interesting. We'll see if I break down and watch it all.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yes, keeping my cell phone charged is the magic spell that keeps outages away! The storm really didn't impact us here. Well, except for the pressure changes making my pain quadruple for awhile last night. OMG!

I did go out to the beach in the morning. Lots of people trying to surf. Lots of cute doggos on the beach. It was a nice trip.
        Yay, doggos!

Ugh at the changing pressure. My sinuses are clogging up just thinking about it.

Yeah, they wasted soooooooo much potential. I wasn't planning on watching Ahsoka, but now I keep seeing stuff from it that looks interesting. We'll see if I break down and watch it all.
        Same here, the gif sets I'm seeing on Tumblr look crazy fun.

I get to actually watch my Raiders play on Sunday since they're playing the Buffalo Bills. Good luck, Raiders! If the Bills play as poorly as they did last week, you just might have a chance. And then on Sunday night, the Patriots will play the Dolphins. Good luck to the Patriots with that one (she types sarcastically).

And on that note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC had a bye, Tennessee fell to Florida 29-16, Rhode Island beat Maine 34-17, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Utah State 39-21, and Navy fell to Memphis 28-24.​ On to next week!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ugh at the changing pressure. My sinuses are clogging up just thinking about it.
          OMG, I've been sneezing like a maniac! I have year round allergies, but there is clearly something going on around here right now. It's especially LOVELY when I start a sneezing fit while I'm driving.

Same here, the gif sets I'm seeing on Tumblr look crazy fun.
          Yes, precisely! Of course, the last time I let Tumblr coax me into watching something I was ultimately extremely disappointed in the end result. So, maybe I'll wait until the whole series is done.

And on that note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC had a bye, Tennessee fell to Florida 29-16, Rhode Island beat Maine 34-17, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Utah State 39-21, and Navy fell to Memphis 28-24.​ On to next week!
          Well, my state's college team is certainly doing better than my pro-teams. *sigh* The Bills handed the Raiders behinds to them, 38-10. The Patriots vs. Dolphins game was at least close, 24-17. Still, another loss for the Patriots.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

OMG, I've been sneezing like a maniac! I have year round allergies, but there is clearly something going on around here right now. It's especially LOVELY when I start a sneezing fit while I'm driving.

Yes, precisely! Of course, the last time I let Tumblr coax me into watching something I was ultimately extremely disappointed in the end result. So, maybe I'll wait until the whole series is done.
            Yep, I feel the same way. Looks fun, but...

Well, my state's college team is certainly doing better than my pro-teams. *sigh* The Bills handed the Raiders behinds to them, 38-10. The Patriots vs. Dolphins game was at least close, 24-17. Still, another loss for the Patriots.

Ouch! Sounds like me with my baseball teams. The Angels and the Mariners are crashing and burning like a dumpster fire.

Comment

*sneaks in & drops peace offering for having been absent a while*

Spoiler:
              Elizabeth stood glaring at the coffee machine in the cafeteria, realizing her quick coffee break was fast turning into the mother of all fights with inanimate objects.

First the machine had complained of running low on water. Then the beans had all but run out, the milk refused to foam and someone had neglected to refill the sugar pot. By the time Elizabeth had run down the checklist of essential coffee machine maintenance, she was ready to switch to tea instead. Hot water and a tea bag was all that was needed.

When at last she had her coffee, sans milk or sugar, she did away with the quick in the break and found herself a table near one of the walls, from where she was able to observe the rest of the room. Major Lorne was entertaining some new members of the military contingent; no doubt telling them riveting tales of thrilling heroics or possibly scaring the living daylights out of them about what was out here in Pegasus. If it was the latter she would soon be seeing an uptick in transfers back to Earth.

A few scientists were occupying a corner on the other end, discussing matters of great importance if their rising volume was anything to go by. Eizabeth tried to catch what it was but failed to do so right up to the point when one of them rose up from his seat, planted both his hands on the table in front of him and asked with a finality rarely heard in polite discussions, "Classic Who or New Who?".
              The rest of the table erupted in criss-cross chatter, entirely unintelligible to Elizabeth's ears, and thus she would never know whether they preferred Classic Who over New Who, or vice versa.

Elizabeth's attention, instead, was drawn to a small group of people walking into the cafeteria. Kate was among them, conversing with Finn and one other. She recognized most of them, although much to her shame not all of them by name. She blamed it on the weak coffee the machine had eventually presented her with. Kate split away from the group and came over to where Elizabeth was sitting, joining her at the table.

"Good morning," Kate greeted.

"Good morning," Elizabeth replied. "I see Finn is a bit more talkative these days."

Kate nodded, turning towards the group near the counter.

"Ever since she switched departments, she's been a lot happier."

"Seen less of her silent spells then?"

Elizabeth remembered the intense floor-stare and the silence which had accompanied that stare.

"Far less," Kate smiled. "Setting her up with JT was a good choice. They, along with recent additions Kitty and Zandra," Kate pointed at the other two standing near Finn watching her visibly writing something down on the side of a paper cup, "have a well-oiled team dynamic."

"That's good to hear."

Not much later, Elizabeth noticed the foursome heading their way.

A 'goodmorning ma'am' was mumbled in Elizabeth's general direction, while Finn set one of her two cups down in front of Kate.

"Your tea-to-go," Finn turned the cup the right way round so that Elizabeth caught the text written on the side.

She couldn't help but laugh out loud, noticing the cheeky smile growing on Finn's face.

"Thank you, Finn."

Kate rolled her eyes, visibly amused at the humor.

"But you promised me a T-shirt."

"Working on it," Finn winked as she walked away with her team mates.

When Teyla later that day asked Elizabeth what 'puts the fun in dysfunctional' meant and why it was written on Kate's cup, Elizabeth had first laughed at the question before she had explained as best as possible what it meant, but the diplomat was fairly sure the Athosian had just gotten more confused.​
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey FH!! Nice to see ya around! Another great chapter!! Loved it!!

Ouch! Sounds like me with my baseball teams. The Angels and the Mariners are crashing and burning like a dumpster fire.
                That sucks! I don't keep up much with baseball, but I do know that my local Red Sox are also in the toilet.

Comment

I've been so occupied with work and ... well, more work really. When my doctor asked me last week and I took just that second too long to reply she knew I was actually not as fine as I said I was. Told her I was running high on stress. She practically ordered me to do something about relieving that stress.

Rope-skipping started again so that helps a bit.

Also wants me to try group therapy for my ADHD and how to better get a handle on it. I'm open to the idea but it won't be replacing my medication just yet. I don't think I'm ready for that stage yet.

But anywho... I've been neglecting coming here and forgot about the Falcons (but they won so all is good). But autumn is back upon us. There's nothing new on TV (thank you striking SAGAFTRA-WAG for that -- don't get me wrong, I support the cause) and thus more time to spend here. Or try making progress in this MMORPG I downloaded -- it's still in beta and has qwerty keyboard functions which makes walking forward/backwards/sideways a challenge cause I have an azerty keyboard so my keys don't reflect the arrow keys quite the same way.

So there's basically one character walking funny through the lands...

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Smutty Tuesday!

We had a rare Tuesday raiding party on the mainland...complete with ferry cancellations, delays, and all sorts of shenanigans. Even so, we managed to hit the major stores and get most of the stuff on our list. And boy, am I tired!

That sucks! I don't keep up much with baseball, but I do know that my local Red Sox are also in the toilet.
                    Ah, misery loves company, eh?

And ZOMG! A new chapter from Falcon Horus! With cameos by...ALL OF US! *squees and hugs everyone*

I hear you on the stress. I've started walking in the forest more. Dunno if it's doing anything for my stress, but it is getting the creative writing juices flowing, so I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I've been so occupied with work and ... well, more work really. When my doctor asked me last week and I took just that second too long to reply she knew I was actually not as fine as I said I was. Told her I was running high on stress. She practically ordered me to do something about relieving that stress.

Rope-skipping started again so that helps a bit.
                      I'm sorry you've been so stressed with work! Rope-skipping sounds like a fun distraction.

Also wants me to try group therapy for my ADHD and how to better get a handle on it. I'm open to the idea but it won't be replacing my medication just yet. I don't think I'm ready for that stage yet.
                      Yeah, I'd be reluctant to stopping medication. I say try the therapy but keep the medication. But then I've never been a fan of group therapy. I'm not a sharer in real life, so it just doesn't work for me. Last time I tried it, the group's main comments about me were always "she's very quiet but when she does talk it's important."

But anywho... I've been neglecting coming here and forgot about the Falcons (but they won so all is good). But autumn is back upon us. There's nothing new on TV (thank you striking SAGAFTRA-WAG for that -- don't get me wrong, I support the cause) and thus more time to spend here. Or try making progress in this MMORPG I downloaded -- it's still in beta and has qwerty keyboard functions which makes walking forward/backwards/sideways a challenge cause I have an azerty keyboard so my keys don't reflect the arrow keys quite the same way.

So there's basically one character walking funny through the lands...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                      We had a rare Tuesday raiding party on the mainland...complete with ferry cancellations, delays, and all sorts of shenanigans. Even so, we managed to hit the major stores and get most of the stuff on our list. And boy, am I tired!
                      I'm glad it was a successful trip. Now go to bed!

Ah, misery loves company, eh?
                      The Red Sox are mismanaging their talent. They let great people leave, thinking they can get more players for less money. Basically they are cheap bastards. They did just fire the main guy in charge of that, so we'll see if anything changes.

I hear you on the stress. I've started walking in the forest more. Dunno if it's doing anything for my stress, but it is getting the creative writing juices flowing, so I'll take it.
                      Whatever works!!

Comment

Wasn't it just my luck today... Jehovah's Witnesses at the door.

When she asked if I had time, I said I wasn't in a meeting or anything. She misunderstood me and apologized for disturbing me as I said I was in a meeting and before I could stop myself I corrected her. Doh!

Ah well... that was 15 minutes well spend... sort of. I mean, they're never going to convert me but I'm always open for a good conversation. The Kingdom of God... yeah yeah, Apophis will be pleased I'm sure.

Comment

Wasn't it just my luck today... Jehovah's Witnesses at the door.

When she asked if I had time, I said I wasn't in a meeting or anything. She misunderstood me and apologized for disturbing me as I said I was in a meeting and before I could stop myself I corrected her. Doh!

Ah well... that was 15 minutes well spend... sort of. I mean, they're never going to convert me but I'm always open for a good conversation. The Kingdom of God... yeah yeah, Apophis will be pleased I'm sure.
                          You WANT to speak with Jehovah's Witnesses???

Comment

You WANT to speak with Jehovah's Witnesses???

They are good fun. We have not seen much of them since COVID restrictions. But they are on their way back.
                            "if the bible tells us God made man in his own image, and Darwin tells us we are descended from apes, does that make God a gorilla?" (visions of a big gorilla sitting on a chair smoking a big cigar)
                            "God made Adam & Eve and they had two boys, Cain and Abel. How did the world get populated? incest?

Yes, I enjoy our little chats. Mmo9zFu.gif
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

They are good fun. We have not seen much of them since COVID restrictions. But they are on their way back.
                              "if the bible tells us God made man in his own image, and Darwin tells us we are descended from apes, does that make God a gorilla?" (visions of a big gorilla sitting on a chair smoking a big cigar)
                              "God made Adam & Eve and they had two boys, Cain and Abel. How did the world get populated? incest?

Yes, I enjoy our little chats. Mmo9zFu.gif

That reminds me of this cartoon:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...joXJ9JdKdC.jpg

The mathgirl in me enjoys such humor.

Comment

8zLA4MQ.gif But speaking of Noah, why did he have to include cockroaches in the ark, and speaking as an Aussie, why couldn't he leave the flies behind too?
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X