Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in the pro league....

Well, the Patriots played an absolute crapfest of a first quarter (it was 16-0) , but then played decently. But they still lost to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Raiders won, though! So I'm 1 win and 1 loss so far.

Comment

Dragon Con was fun. I met Anson Mount.

Might have made a new friend.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And in the pro league....

Well, the Patriots played an absolute crapfest of a first quarter (it was 16-0) , but then played decently. But they still lost to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Raiders won, though! So I'm 1 win and 1 loss so far.
        Everything balanced. Not a bad start at all.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

Awesome, glad you had a great time! Will you be going again next year?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My lawn guy is mowing my yard. Mmmm, the smell of fresh mown grass.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

Cool!! I'm glad you had a good time.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          Everything balanced. Not a bad start at all.
          Yeah. I just wish I'd been able to watch the Raiders game. I refuse to pay for another service, though.

Comment

Hello! I know football started a few weeks back but I still can’t wrap my mind around it, still seems like it is July. I think I lost a month to work, but I hit post football game traffic after a late ending hike on Saturday making football season very real finally. I could have used a watermelon margarita when I got home lol.

I feel bad when I realize how long it’s been since I posted. I am still stuck in the boring, overworked era of my existence that has been going on way too long to still be complaining about so apologies for being that person. It for real should all get much better by the end of October. That’s when the business I helped set up the IT systems for opens its doors, online sales are open now.

When I went to find my GW tab this morning, I saw I had 200 tabs open. My ADHD is definitely not as manageable as it was when I had a reasonable workload and half the tabs were travel trailers as that seems to be my current hyper fixation- no surprise it aligns with escapism. I had been planning on getting a teardrop trailer at some point after buying my jeep. Thank goodness it is almost time for vacay, it’ll (temporarily) save me a lot of money.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My lawn guy is mowing my yard. Mmmm, the smell of fresh mown grass.
              Ahhhh that's a good one. Another one for me is the smell of sun-warmed pine in the summer.

Yeah. I just wish I'd been able to watch the Raiders game. I refuse to pay for another service, though.
              Same here. I actually cut Disney+ and HBO a couple of months ago.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              Hello! I know football started a few weeks back but I still can’t wrap my mind around it, still seems like it is July. I think I lost a month to work, but I hit post football game traffic after a late ending hike on Saturday making football season very real finally. I could have used a watermelon margarita when I got home lol.
              Sounds like it! Traffic shenanigans are NEVER FUN.

​​​​​​​
              I feel bad when I realize how long it’s been since I posted. I am still stuck in the boring, overworked era of my existence that has been going on way too long to still be complaining about so apologies for being that person. It for real should all get much better by the end of October. That’s when the business I helped set up the IT systems for opens its doors, online sales are open now.
              Just think, though: All that hard work is about to pay off!

​​​​​​​
              When I went to find my GW tab this morning, I saw I had 200 tabs open. My ADHD is definitely not as manageable as it was when I had a reasonable workload and half the tabs were travel trailers as that seems to be my current hyper fixation- no surprise it aligns with escapism. I had been planning on getting a teardrop trailer at some point after buying my jeep. Thank goodness it is almost time for vacay, it’ll (temporarily) save me a lot of money.
              Vacay time!

LOL at all the open tabs. I just bookmark the heck outta stuff and then forget I had them...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well hello stranger!! I'm glad you had a moment to pop in and say hello. I'm sorry to hear things will stay crazy until the end of October. That's a long time from now! I can't believe you had so many tabs open. I thought my 10 were bad.

And YAY for vacay coming up!! I'm still debating to myself whether to spend the money on a few beach days at a hotel. I booked something but am thinking about cancelling. I just don't know. I want to do it but don't want to spend the money.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                Ahhhh that's a good one. Another one for me is the smell of sun-warmed pine in the summer.

Same here. I actually cut Disney+ and HBO a couple of months ago.
                Oooh I love that smell too! Mmmmmm.

I would have cut Disney+ but Loki season 2 is coming out soon. Le sigh.​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And YAY for vacay coming up!! I'm still debating to myself whether to spend the money on a few beach days at a hotel. I booked something but am thinking about cancelling. I just don't know. I want to do it but don't want to spend the money.
                  Hmm, that's a toughie. Is it just that you feel it's a frivolous use of the money right now? Maybe you could shorten the trip?

Oooh I love that smell too! Mmmmmm.

I would have cut Disney+ but Loki season 2 is coming out soon. Le sigh.​
                  I'll probably watch it eventually. But my brain is still being eaten by an old fave fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Hmm, that's a toughie. Is it just that you feel it's a frivolous use of the money right now? Maybe you could shorten the trip?
                    Yeah, a frivolous use of money. Exactly. It's just for 2 nights. Doing a 1 night trip is barely worth it. I've done that before and it didn't even feel like a trip. I still haven't cancelled. The clock is ticking for me to back out of it. We'll see what my mood tomorrow feels like. On the plus side, the weather forecast for mid-next week is sunny and 70s, which is perfect. ETA: Cancelling also involves a phone call, so there's also that

I'll probably watch it eventually. But my brain is still being eaten by an old fave fandom.
                    Ah, I know that feeling all too well. Is this the one you posted about on Facebook?

I'm back on my Jane Austen kick myself. I am in the middle of the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice. *swoons*
                    Last edited by JT-2; 13 September 2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I am lucky to be traveling with someone to share costs with. I point hacked my flight, and we are splitting a Airbnb that was a great deal and gave us a weekly discount.

JT2 so any state parks near the beach have cabins? Maybe some weekday deals could be found. I have been car camping more lately for last minute runaway sanity breaks, but my jeep makes it a bit easier than my last car which was more compact. I hope you can find a way to getaway.

I am so looking forward to Loki. I’m hoping to rewatch season 1 before.

I’ve never managed to catch that pride and prejudice on, is it streaming somewhere?

Comment

Update - I called the hotel to cancel, and they said I had to contact the booking company instead. So I contact the booking company and they just send out another standard "we've contacted the hotel, and hope to hear back soon" which they've already done twice. So this is going to take even more phone calls to cancel. It's my own fault, really, because the room I chose didn't allow for free cancellations. I didn't realize that since the first room I looked at DID offer it. That's what I get for not being observant enough.

I am lucky to be traveling with someone to share costs with. I point hacked my flight, and we are splitting a Airbnb that was a great deal and gave us a weekly discount.

JT2 so any state parks near the beach have cabins? Maybe some weekday deals could be found. I have been car camping more lately for last minute runaway sanity breaks, but my jeep makes it a bit easier than my last car which was more compact. I hope you can find a way to getaway.
                        Hmmm, I don't know. I'll check that out if I end up cancelling.

I am so looking forward to Loki. I’m hoping to rewatch season 1 before.
                        Me too!!!!! And yes, I want to do that as well!

I’ve never managed to catch that pride and prejudice on, is it streaming somewhere?
                        OMG, how can you have never seen that before?!?!?!?! I'm watching it on Hulu (although I also own the DVDs). I checked out Amazon Prime and there are a few offers where you can get a trial to some other services and watch it free for a week.

It's a classic! Although it's long. Six episodes. It's the version most closely aligned to the novel, IMHO. And Colin Firth is swoonworthy. I said that already, didn't I?

Last edited by JT-2; 13 September 2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, a frivolous use of money. Exactly. It's just for 2 nights. Doing a 1 night trip is barely worth it. I've done that before and it didn't even feel like a trip. I still haven't cancelled. The clock is ticking for me to back out of it. We'll see what my mood tomorrow feels like. On the plus side, the weather forecast for mid-next week is sunny and 70s, which is perfect. ETA: Cancelling also involves a phone call, so there's also that
                          Blech, I hate phone calls. I hate it even more having to play phone tag when they don't do what they say they're gonna do. Sorry you're getting the runaround on cancelling.

Ah, I know that feeling all too well. Is this the one you posted about on Facebook?
                          It is indeed. 25 years and I'm still not over it. Though I have to admit, the cancellation after one season meant that it never had a chance to get f--ed up like longer-running shows. And plenty of yummy unanswered questions and dangling plot threads to be explored in fanfic. I'm having so much fun!

I'm back on my Jane Austen kick myself. I am in the middle of the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice. *swoons*
                          *joins in the swooning* THE. BEST. DARCY!

Comment

Blech, I hate phone calls. I hate it even more having to play phone tag when they don't do what they say they're gonna do. Sorry you're getting the runaround on cancelling.
                            I had to call the hotel one more time, and this time they finally knew what to do. So I'm all cancelled. It was the same guy on the phone, so I don't know why he knew what to do one day but not the other. I'll probably be regretting this next week when I'm home and the weather is beautiful, but.... *shrugs*. My arthritis is still flaring like crazy (they increased my meds but it hasn't helped yet). So I couldn't enjoy walking on the beach like normally. I went to my regular beach today and my heels were so sore that I only spent like 15 minutes gingerly walking... hobbling... along. It's very frustrating to not be able to enjoy something that usually gives me such comfort. And there were no doggos on the beach either.

It is indeed. 25 years and I'm still not over it. Though I have to admit, the cancellation after one season meant that it never had a chance to get f--ed up like longer-running shows. And plenty of yummy unanswered questions and dangling plot threads to be explored in fanfic. I'm having so much fun!
                            Yeah, there's pluses and minuses to a show being cancelled early. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!!

*joins in the swooning* THE. BEST. DARCY!
                            Hells to the yeah!!!
                            Last edited by JT-2; 14 September 2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I had to call the hotel one more time, and this time they finally knew what to do. So I'm all cancelled. It was the same guy on the phone, so I don't know why he knew what to do one day but not the other. I'll probably be regretting this next week when I'm home and the weather is beautiful, but.... *shrugs*. My arthritis is still flaring like crazy (they increased my meds but it hasn't helped yet). So I couldn't enjoy walking on the beach like normally. I went to my regular beach today and my heels were so sore that I only spent like 15 minutes gingerly walking... hobbling... along. It's very frustrating to not be able to enjoy something that usually gives me such comfort. And there were no doggos on the beach either.
                              Yes! Glad to hear the hotel situation got sorted. Maybe he asked a manager or something between your calls? *shrugs*

Sorry the arthritis is giving you a hard time again (c'mon meds, get working!). Hopefully there will be doggos on the beach next time! *hugs*

And stay safe with the hurricane coming! *more hugs*

Yeah, there's pluses and minuses to a show being cancelled early. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!!
                              Me too! This fic I'm writing is getting downright intricate, but I'm finding it really a fun challenge to tie up all the loose ends from the show in a way that fits the show's tone. Working on Atlantis Rising helped train my mind in how to think like that.

Comment

Yes! Glad to hear the hotel situation got sorted. Maybe he asked a manager or something between your calls? *shrugs*

Sorry the arthritis is giving you a hard time again (c'mon meds, get working!). Hopefully there will be doggos on the beach next time! *hugs*

And stay safe with the hurricane coming! *more hugs*
                                Last time it took over a month on the new meds for them to start working. This weekend will be the 1 month mark of my increased dosage, so it really should be improving very soon. Unless this med increase isn't going to do the trick, which I reaaaaaaaally hope isn't the case. I've done a lot of reading on psoriatic arthritis, and there are plenty of other drugs to try if this doesn't work.

And thanks! We're not supposed to get a direct hit here. But there will be wind and rain tonight so I'm charging my cell phone just in case I lose power. Also, supposed to be big waves so I might take another trip down to the shore to check it out tomorrow morning.

Me too! This fic I'm writing is getting downright intricate, but I'm finding it really a fun challenge to tie up all the loose ends from the show in a way that fits the show's tone. Working on Atlantis Rising helped train my mind in how to think like that.
                                Oooh I love intricate fic like that. Reminds me of a fan written seasons 3 and 4 of Timeless which was just sheer perfection. I swear that fans put more thought and effort into these things than the professionals do. I mean..... "Somehow, Palpatine returned." 'Nough said.

(And Atlantis Rising was so awesome!!)
                                Last edited by JT-2; 15 September 2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X