No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, FH I was cringing at the awkward silent lunch but the outing sounds epic. My company planned an outing at a minor league ballpark, lol. It will probably actually be fun, but I’d enjoy yours more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Yeah... my sister keeps telling me the same thing.

But as of right now, I'm in vacay-mode. I have a week off.
      So you have just started at a new firm, and already you have holidays?
      MUST be a good firm to work for, How often do you get vacation, every 2 week, every month?
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          So you have just started at a new firm, and already you have holidays?
          MUST be a good firm to work for, How often do you get vacation, every 2 week, every month?
          Whenever you like really.

4 days off this week + monday is a national holiday. Then in Summer I'm taking 3 weeks (last 2 weeks of July + the 1st of August). My sister would like me to take the 19th of May (but that's probably not going to be possible for me due to project commitments -- which even I didn't foresee cause I was sorta hoping for the long weekend since the 18th is a national holiday of the religious kind but don't ask me which saint is celebrated cause missa don't know).
          I'll have enough days left after that to take a week on November, and a couple days around new year.

I have about 29 holiday days this year with the new firm. I had a few more with the previous firm due to being employed for 8 years.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I did some cat sitting yesterday. My brother and his family had a wedding to go to, and the diabetic cat needs to be fed on a schedule.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Busy morning for me, I got a new desk delivered! So now the table I've been using has gone out to the studio where it belongs, and I spent the morning reassembling my office.
            Sweet!! Pics??

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I did some cat sitting yesterday. My brother and his family had a wedding to go to, and the diabetic cat needs to be fed on a schedule.
              Aww, kitty!

Sweet!! Pics??
              I'll have to do that later today. Stay tuned!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Today was spend reading, walking around the neighborhood and sitting out in the sun, with the hood of my sweater pulled over my head cause the wind was darn chilly and the sun kept disappearing behind dark clouds.

However, that's okay... cause tomorrow is another sunny day and I have the rest of the week off so plenty of time to enjoy the relatively good weather (before it descends back into rain by the end of the week).

Comment

Dropping my class may have been a mistake. I was a little extra with my free time this weekend. Anyone have any ideas on what to name my new (to me) Jeep?

Comment

I was invited over for enchiladas last night to celebrate my brother's 60th birthday (we're getting together as a family next weekend). My sister-in-law tried something new and put beans in the enchiladas. Eew. Both my nephew and I picked them out. My brother cracked a joke to her saying, "Don't include beans next time. The twins over here don't like them!" Neither of us were even aware we were copying each other.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                      Dropping my class may have been a mistake. I was a little extra with my free time this weekend. Anyone have any ideas on what to name my new (to me) Jeep?
                      Congrats on the new Jeep!! I say you call it Puddlejumper.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Today was spend reading, walking around the neighborhood and sitting out in the sun, with the hood of my sweater pulled over my head cause the wind was darn chilly and the sun kept disappearing behind dark clouds.

However, that's okay... cause tomorrow is another sunny day and I have the rest of the week off so plenty of time to enjoy the relatively good weather (before it descends back into rain by the end of the week).
                        I love blustery weather! We're supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it.

I second JT-2: Call it Puddlejumper.

I was invited over for enchiladas last night to celebrate my brother's 60th birthday (we're getting together as a family next weekend). My sister-in-law tried something new and put beans in the enchiladas. Eew. Both my nephew and I picked them out. My brother cracked a joke to her saying, "Don't include beans next time. The twins over here don't like them!" Neither of us were even aware we were copying each other.
                        LMAO! That's hilarious! I vote for you and your nephew playing up the twins act!

Comment

Today we repainted the shed in yard (making it withstand water for another year). Got some new boards to keep the edge of the roofing sheet down easier. The 1 inch wide boards are not doing the trick. We used my grandfather's special saw to cut the edges at a slight degree. I think he would have been proud of us (now I could just imagine him smiling from up there).
                          Made a start on adding a drain to one side of the shed to catch rainwater in a rain barrel.

Tomorrow we have to get one more board (we forgot we needed 4, not 3), add the drain and add an extra board to the back of the shed to make it just a little more sturdy.

Then we'll also have the guy coming in who's going to add the terrace in our yard. He's going to start on clearing the grass. Then on Friday he'll start paving... and he'll start his workday at 7am. Not cool man!

Comment

I should have thought of puddle jumper! Off to Etsy to look at stargate decals. I realized today I was driving without tags, the dealership forgot my temporary tags. They offered to overnight them and we are in the same city. Still scratching my head at that one.

JT2 were they black beans enchiladas? I love black beans in all tacos burritos quesadillas.Lol at the accidental twinning.

FH that is an early start on the terrace but I bet it will be lovely.

SK I loved your desk. I need to work in organizing my office.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Today we repainted the shed in yard (making it withstand water for another year). Got some new boards to keep the edge of the roofing sheet down easier. The 1 inch wide boards are not doing the trick. We used my grandfather's special saw to cut the edges at a slight degree. I think he would have been proud of us (now I could just imagine him smiling from up there).
                              Made a start on adding a drain to one side of the shed to catch rainwater in a rain barrel.

Tomorrow we have to get one more board (we forgot we needed 4, not 3), add the drain and add an extra board to the back of the shed to make it just a little more sturdy.

Then we'll also have the guy coming in who's going to add the terrace in our yard. He's going to start on clearing the grass. Then on Friday he'll start paving... and he'll start his workday at 7am. Not cool man!
                              7am? Gah, that's early! How late is he working? But yay, improving the garden!

I should have thought of puddle jumper! Off to Etsy to look at stargate decals. I realized today I was driving without tags, the dealership forgot my temporary tags. They offered to overnight them and we are in the same city. Still scratching my head at that one.
                              Overnight them when you're in the same city? I guess they think they're trying to save you the inconvenience of having to go back to pick them up, but...yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                7am? Gah, that's early! How late is he working? But yay, improving the garden!
                                No idea. He's an independant contractor so their hours tend to vary.
                                I think it depends on how much headway he's making.

Today he came by to outline the areas that need altering so now there's the outline of a terrace in our yard and our neighbor asked us what it was for. It wasn't until much later (when it was too late) that I came up with the idea that I should have told him it was a small swimmingpool.

Comment

Working...
                                X