Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    ...and Sheppard and Weir are as different from Jack and Sam as they can be. They call eachother by their first names to begin with, Sam calling Jack Sir. all the time kind of killed it for me (that and the lack of UST).
    I agree with you though, the kissing so soon would kill the UST
    After years as a Sam/Jack fan, I cannot express how thrilled and excited I was to first hear Shep call Elizabeth by her first name. Wow, that was such an auspicious moment for me!

Long live the UST, I say. I enjoy the dance. As long as they continue dancing and don't pause the music like they're playing musical chairs. Or something.

Right then. Maybe I should stay away from the analogies after 9 pm.
    signature with thanks to Dorka

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      Sam and Jack? you're kiddin' right?, did they even get together ever?, i lost track of SG1 sometime during season eight. I wouldn't want S/W to be anything like S/J too much teasing to get to nothing. Luckily tptb don't seem to be taking that road, and Sheppard and Weir are as different from Jack and Sam as they can be. They call eachother by their first names to begin with, Sam calling Jack Sir. all the time kind of killed it for me (that and the lack of UST).
      I agree with you though, the kissing so soon would kill the UST, i know resolution could be good (this time around), but the built up has to be painfully slow to make it worthy.
      On GUP
      Spoiler:
      am i crazy or do the sparks on that scene scream CANNON!!!?, come on they totally must know, and then go ahead and put sparks. They're winking at us, showing us that they are paying attention
      haha calm down
      last (well-supported) rumors I heard was that
      Spoiler:
      Sam and Jack are either engaged or got married

hey no one is saying that Liz and Shep are anything like Sam and Jack. I'm just saying that they should take things slow with Liz and Shep like they did with Sam and Jack.
      But yes I do like it that they call each other by their first names. It just makes it all even more... softer and shippy!

Comment

You know, I'm honestly confused on all the supposed Sam/Jack ambiguity. After the end of last season, I was sitting around with my sci-fi buddies, as we were complaining about various things that had happened in Season 8, and someone said, "Well, Sam and Jack are together at last, and that's the important part." Everyone agreed. (Well, except for the one guy who was dreadfully behind and hadn't seen that episode yet. He threw a shoe and the person who said that. ) So... yeah, not really seeing why people think they're not together.

Anyway. I don't think anyone here wants a repeat of Sam/Jack, 'cause that was always one step away from a train wreck, but neither do we necessarily want them in a relationship immediately. A slow burn would be nice.

I still can't stop smiling about the sparks. If that was intentional... wow. Talk about subtext.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          I still can't stop smiling about the sparks. If that was intentional... wow. Talk about subtext.
          You can't stop smiling? hehe lucky for you! I can't study! All I think about are those sparks and rewatch that scene over and over again! I can't focus on my studying and I've got a final tomorrow! There goes my GPA!!!

Comment

Liz: John, I put the mint jar in Gero's office.

John: I love it when you're bad.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8486/pretty0ap.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/6...ddybear6mi.jpg

I love it when you're bad?
              lol
              Doesn't he look like a teddy bear there?
              This look makes me wonder whether "using a puddle jumper as a submercible" is really what he's asking for!

Comment

Sounds like GUP was a fun ep. The
                Spoiler:
                sparks scene is definitely a nod from Gero! I mean why else would that scene be in there! Well it could be a coincidence, but that would just give more legitimacy to the ship name lol.

Anyone have any caps of that scene? I didn't notice them on the pages before, but I may have missed them.

Thanks,
                Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                  Anyone have any caps of that scene? I didn't notice them on the pages before, but I may have missed them.
                  Athena posted caps back here.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Sparkly!Caps *Thud* .....Yeah that would be good too...and would anyone also give us caps pleez of the look between Sparky right after Zelenka left the office...it was pretty telling as well

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                    - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      Athena posted caps back here.
                      Thanks much--Sparky! indeed.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8486/pretty0ap.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/6...ddybear6mi.jpg

Those looks make me indulge in fangirly squees...

Must go watch this ep RIGHT NOW. Sleep, schmeep - watching GUP (and I'm with those who are amused by this acronym) is more important.
                        ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                        The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Another one I don't think has been recc'd. It's a Langford U story. Very cute. Full Disclosure.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...98.html#cutid1

Comment

I'd thought I'd add this other scruptious pic of Sheppard-eyeing-Weir.

John: Closet? Five minutes?

--

You know, I just realized. They've now mentioned "sparks" as a secret nod to us S/W shippers (and I DARE anyone to prove me wrong on that!). Ever think they'll have Sheppard and/or Weir say something about closets on screen? I don't care what the reference is to, we S/W shippers will know the true context.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                            Spoiler:
                            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

LOL! If I do hear closets mentioned, I might just...I don't know what I'd do. I guess I'd be really amused. Then we'd really be wondering who those "guests" down at the bottom lurking are.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                                LOL! If I do hear closets mentioned, I might just...I don't know what I'd do. I guess I'd be really amused. Then we'd really be wondering who those "guests" down at the bottom lurking are.
                                totally!
                                We might have to talk about a kiss more after that

Comment

Working...
                                X