No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be baking some cookies for Easter in a few hours. Mmmmm... cookies.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I'll be baking some cookies for Easter in a few hours. Mmmmm... cookies.
      Sweet! I'm not the only one in the baking mood this weekend...I made brownies yesterday.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Sweet! I'm not the only one in the baking mood this weekend...I made brownies yesterday.
        Mmmmm brownies!

I love baking. Cooking? Not so much.

My cookies turned out really well, and I had a good time with my sister-in-law making them. Tomorrow I have a family get together for Easter. I'll be happy when it's over.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Easter!

Mmmmm brownies!

I love baking. Cooking? Not so much.
          Gotta find the right thing to cook. Something that you like that's easy, fun, and tasty.

My cookies turned out really well, and I had a good time with my sister-in-law making them. Tomorrow I have a family get together for Easter. I'll be happy when it's over.
          Oh dear.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If you lived closer, I'd let you borrow some of my minion socks. I have socks, pajamas, t-shirts, figurines....
            I have a minion nightlight that is adorning my desk at work. Gift from a colleague whose son no longer wanted it.

Fun fact: when the pilot announced upon landing that it was 31 degrees Celsius in Malaga (Spain) today, my sister and I turned to each other and simultaneously went "Is he joking?!?".

He wasn't. We didn't foresee this kind of weather in our suitcase though but luckily the temps will take a dive tomorrow and will continue to drop back down to below 20 degrees Celsius....for we packed clothes suitable for that kind of weather. It'll remain dry until Thursday, after which rain will come but we're OK with that.

It's so good to be on vacation and to see, hear and smell the Atlantic. I'll post pictures on my instagram, I promise.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Gotta find the right thing to cook. Something that you like that's easy, fun, and tasty.
              What I like about baking more is that there are set recipes. 1/2 cup of flour. Bake 15 minutes. When you're cooking it's all, "to taste" and I don't know what to do in that situation! So it frustrates me.

One thing I don't mind cooking is cheese sauce. It's a "to taste" thing too but I'm so used to making it that I know what to add.

Oh dear.
              It was cold outside so we were all inside my brother's tiiiiny little Cape-style house. And then I got the "haven't you found a job yet? There are so many jobs! Why haven't you found a job?" Like, how freaking rude can you be?!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
              Fun fact: when the pilot announced upon landing that it was 31 degrees Celsius in Malaga (Spain) today, my sister and I turned to each other and simultaneously went "Is he joking?!?".

He wasn't. We didn't foresee this kind of weather in our suitcase though but luckily the temps will take a dive tomorrow and will continue to drop back down to below 20 degrees Celsius....for we packed clothes suitable for that kind of weather. It'll remain dry until Thursday, after which rain will come but we're OK with that.

It's so good to be on vacation and to see, hear and smell the Atlantic. I'll post pictures on my instagram, I promise.
              Oh dear. That's a big weather difference when you aren't expecting it!!

Can't wait to see the pictures! Isn't the smell of the ocean just wonderful??? Have fun!!
              Last edited by JT-2; 17 April 2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Whoa! The weather gods are playing havoc again, I see. Have fun on your vacay!

What I like about baking more is that there are set recipes. 1/2 cup of flour. Bake 15 minutes. When you're cooking it's all, "to taste" and I don't know what to do in that situation! So it frustrates me.

One thing I don't mind cooking is cheese sauce. It's a "to taste" thing too but I'm so used to making it that I know what to add.
                Good cooking recipes should give you set amounts just like baking recipes so you don't need to riff on anything. But yeah, it seems like a lot of these amateur food blogs (and heck, even the professionally-run sites) assume that everyone reading them are experienced cooks, so the recipes just aren't geared to those of us who are still learning. (And yeah, I'm still learning too. It's a never ending process. )

It was cold outside so we were all inside my brother's tiiiiny little Cape-style house. And then I got the "haven't you found a job yet? There are so many jobs! Why haven't you found a job?" Like, how freaking rude can you be?!
                Ugh! *hugs you* This is why I don't like family gatherings either.

Comment

Isn't the smell of the ocean just wonderful??? Have fun!!
                  I sometimes listen to ambient sounds of waves crashing to shore, mixed with sounds of birds or dolphins.

Yesterday, my sister jokingly asked me to turn down the birds.

Unfortunately, not possibly here.

Luckily, it's a wide variety of birds which fly around the flat: swallows, peregrin falcons, gulls, pigeons, sparrows, tits, and bigger ones like we suspect herrons but we're not sure.
                  And when dusk sets in, there are also 2 tiny bats flapping about.

Comment

Good cooking recipes should give you set amounts just like baking recipes so you don't need to riff on anything. But yeah, it seems like a lot of these amateur food blogs (and heck, even the professionally-run sites) assume that everyone reading them are experienced cooks, so the recipes just aren't geared to those of us who are still learning. (And yeah, I'm still learning too. It's a never ending process. )
                    Yes, yes, yes!!

Ugh! *hugs you* This is why I don't like family gatherings either.
                    *glomps you* It was really one family member who did the majority of the talking. She is the one who brings up sore subjects for others, too. She waited until I was about to leave this time. It was like she just couldn't hold it in.

I sometimes listen to ambient sounds of waves crashing to shore, mixed with sounds of birds or dolphins.

Yesterday, my sister jokingly asked me to turn down the birds.

Unfortunately, not possibly here.

Luckily, it's a wide variety of birds which fly around the flat: swallows, peregrin falcons, gulls, pigeons, sparrows, tits, and bigger ones like we suspect herrons but we're not sure.
                    And when dusk sets in, there are also 2 tiny bats flapping about.
                    Bats??

Comment

Caught up and I’m now hungry for cookies, wanting to hear the ocean and see bats. I’m also feeling very grrr at the job comment. If you don’t know, you don’t know what it’s like for candidates right now. Because of the great resignation a lot more employed people are casually job hunting and applying on whim, so while unemployment may be low, HR is getting inundated with candidates. It’s wild out there and I hate that you are caught up in it JT2.
                      Last edited by Zandras_Ashes; 18 April 2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*glomps you* It was really one family member who did the majority of the talking. She is the one who brings up sore subjects for others, too. She waited until I was about to leave this time. It was like she just couldn't hold it in.
                        Ugh! *gets a stick and pokes them*

Bats??
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

We can add sandpiper (like the one from that one Pixar short) and lark to our bird-spotting.

Bats??
                          Bats are cool!

There's two at home which come out when dusk sets in. They're so awesome to watch as they chase bugs around, speeding towards the wall and then making sharp turns to avoid collision. I can watch them for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            We can add sandpiper (like the one from that one Pixar short) and lark to our bird-spotting.

Bats are cool!

There's two at home which come out when dusk sets in. They're so awesome to watch as they chase bugs around, speeding towards the wall and then making sharp turns to avoid collision. I can watch them for hours.
                            I am a bat fan, the bat sanctuary is one of the organizations I donate to each year. I saw someone post once calling bats “sky puppies” and i can’t get it out of my head, lol. I’d love to add a bat box to my yard but have no idea how I’d get it installed high enough.

Coincidentally I just watched The Batman tonight and and will need to immediately watch again to actually pay attention to the plot and not just think about how dreamy Rob looked in the suit. Because wow. He’s quite the handsome lad, isn’t he?

Comment

No new birds seen today -- by which I mean that we have storks at home too so they don't count as "new".

Maybe more luck tomorrow.

We're going to visit Italica near Sevilla tomorrow.
                              They filmed bits of Game of Thrones in its amfitheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                                Caught up and I’m now hungry for cookies, wanting to hear the ocean and see bats. I’m also feeling very grrr at the job comment. If you don’t know, you don’t know what it’s like for candidates right now. Because of the great resignation a lot more employed people are casually job hunting and applying on whim, so while unemployment may be low, HR is getting inundated with candidates. It’s wild out there and I hate that you are caught up in it JT2.
                                Thank you!! Absolutely. There have been reports I've read online where people have applied for a multitude of jobs and yet not gotten any responses.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                                Ugh! *gets a stick and pokes them*
                                Imagines you poking said family member with a stick.... ah, that felt good!

Bats are cool!

I repeat my previous statement -

Okay copying and pasting has stopped working... so...

ZA I also think you are crazy for liking bats.

FH Have fun tomorrow!! So jealous!!

Comment

Working...
                                X