• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the weekend!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to my USC Trojans against Cal later today (postponed from a previous date due to COVID shenanigans)! [Everyone else is done for the season, save next week’s Army-Navy game, and those who made it to the upcoming bowl game and playoff season.] So, yay!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's the weekend!
      Double yay!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Packing up for another Sunday hike, temps have been so mild here this week!

JT2 if you haven’t been on Instagram this week you should check out Joe’s page. He posted a photo maybe the day after you shared the job news and I thought to myself that photo was a small gift from the universe to add some needed cheer to your day. In all seriousness though I hope you are holding up ok.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind messages! I'm currently in consideration for another position at the current employer. I should know more in the next few days. I'm trying to think positively.... either I get that job and remain employed, or I get the holidays off. Either way has its benefits.

And I loved the story, FH. (Especially how I was in it!! )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
          The spin-off: Finn & JT's Atlantis Adventure

There could be lemmings.
          That was just the laugh I needed.

Oh, and ZA, I saw Joe's Instagram photo. that's me while my brain implodes.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            And I loved the story, FH. (Especially how I was in it!! )

That was just the laugh I needed.
            I fully agree with Teyla. We would get along like a house on fire, I'm sure.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

On this week's College Football Roundup: As expected, USC crashed and burned against Cal, 24-14. *heavy sigh* On to next week and the Army-Navy Game!

Thank you all for the kind messages! I'm currently in consideration for another position at the current employer. I should know more in the next few days. I'm trying to think positively.... either I get that job and remain employed, or I get the holidays off. Either way has its benefits.
              That's the spirit! Seriously though, good luck, I hope you get the new position!

Oh, and ZA, I saw Joe's Instagram photo. that's me while my brain implodes.
              Yep, that was my reaction too.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I fully agree with Teyla. We would get along like a house on fire, I'm sure.
                Oh, completely!! There would be lemmings and bowls of sugar.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                On this week's College Football Roundup: As expected, USC crashed and burned against Cal, 24-14. *heavy sigh* On to next week and the Army-Navy Game!
                Boooooo on the USC loss!!

After their awesome win on Thanksgiving, my Raiders went back into the toilet this week with a loss to Washington. On Monday night there's a very big game of the Patriots versus the Buffalo Bills. They are fighting for the top spot in their division. So we're all very nervous about it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty

That's the spirit! Seriously though, good luck, I hope you get the new position! .
                Thanks. The person I would be working for is known to be a whacko (my sister-in-law used to work for her), and I was told they have mandatory overtime and aren't offered much vacation time. So.... I'm on the fence. I figure if I do get it and I end up hating it, I can always search for a new position while I'm working.

Comment

Oh, completely!! There would be lemmings and bowls of sugar.

Thanks. The person I would be working for is known to be a whacko (my sister-in-law used to work for her), and I was told they have mandatory overtime and aren't offered much vacation time. So.... I'm on the fence. I figure if I do get it and I end up hating it, I can always search for a new position while I'm working.
                  Glad wheels are spinning at any rate and there is sometimes truth to the “it’s easier to get a job when you have a job” theory, but in the era of covid I don’t think anyone questions anything anymore.

Keep us posted!

Comment

After their awesome win on Thanksgiving, my Raiders went back into the toilet this week with a loss to Washington. On Monday night there's a very big game of the Patriots versus the Buffalo Bills. They are fighting for the top spot in their division. So we're all very nervous about it.
                    Think of it this way, in the toilet one week... flushing the other team the next week.

It's how that Air Force team of mine seems to function.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

Glad wheels are spinning at any rate and there is sometimes truth to the “it’s easier to get a job when you have a job” theory, but in the era of covid I don’t think anyone questions anything anymore.

Keep us posted!
                      Thanks, and I will!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                      Think of it this way, in the toilet one week... flushing the other team the next week.

Quite true!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Boooooo on the USC loss!!

Yeah, that's pretty much how USC was doing this year.

Comment

Oh hey, it's Torri's birthday today!!

Comment

I got laid off from my job this morning. I have to work until Dec 10th in order to collect unemployment and get the whopping 2 weeks severance. Could they have spared it?

I have a question or two JT-2, maybe a silly ones, but here goes.
                            You stay where you are working till the 10th, then you get 2 weeks severance, then you go to a new department on 13th and start working again? (That sounds profitable to me)
                            If you are not REALLY leaving the firm, just changing departments, can you be sure the firm will not suddenly decide to lay you off before, or just after the week is over? In other words, can you trust them again?
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

I have a question or two JT-2, maybe a silly ones, but here goes.
                              You stay where you are working till the 10th, then you get 2 weeks severance, then you go to a new department on 13th and start working again? (That sounds profitable to me)
                              If you are not REALLY leaving the firm, just changing departments, can you be sure the firm will not suddenly decide to lay you off before, or just after the week is over? In other words, can you trust them again?
                              Not a silly question! If I get the new job at my current employer, then I won't get the severance and I'll just continue working. If I don't get the new job, then I get the severance. Either way, I'll be on my current team until the 10th.

And no, I will never trust them. It's always a possibility that I could get laid off from the new job (if I get it). But that's true with all jobs these days. There's no loyalty like there used to be.

Comment

Not a silly question! If I get the new job at my current employer, then I won't get the severance and I'll just continue working. If I don't get the new job, then I get the severance. Either way, I'll be on my current team until the 10th.

And no, I will never trust them. It's always a possibility that I could get laid off from the new job (if I get it). But that's true with all jobs these days. There's no loyalty like there used to be.
                                Well then, you are still looking for something away from your current firm. I hope if nothing else comes up you get this transfer because it will buy you time to find something better
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X