No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Chaya ever does reappear. . I hope Liz offers her a mint.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      If Chaya ever does reappear. . I hope Liz offers her a mint.
      Hee! You're terrible!

...not that I'm much better.

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Rodney: Uh, Elizabeth, you. . uh. . you seem to have. .uh. . popped a button.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Rodney: Uh, Elizabeth, you. . uh. . you seem to have. .uh. . popped a button.

Rodney: I will not look, I will not look, I will not.... What? The other two are looking! Quit looking you two!

Comment

I love it. . .Rodney is the only one looking at her face.

Comment

Even if Chaya isn't going to be back, you gotta admit it's infinatley more interesting Sheppard dating an Ancient, unless your an Ancient hater!?
              I wouldn't call myself an Ancient hater but I agree with Angel in that the more of them we seem to meet in the Stargate Universe the less impressed I am with them. I didn't mind Orlin but Oma always got on my nerves and apart from the Janus guy I wasn't particularly keen on the Ancients that previously inhabited Atlantis. It's the superior attitude I don't like. The Knox I didn't mind, they were polite when trying to explain to SG-1 about them being 'too young' to understand everything. I don't mind the Asguard either because over time they have shown real respect for the 'fifth race' and acknowledge their advancement. The Ancients however are like the Tollan were in their treatment of the lesser advanced humans. They are patronising and rather rude. I understood all of Chaya's reasons for keeping her secret the way she did but I didn't like her attitude to everyone on Atlantis apart from Sheppard. Whether her feelings for Sheppard were purely based on a physical attraction or because of some deeper connection due to his ancient gene it still meant that she was essentially toying with everyone else because he was the only reason she came to Atlantis and everything else was just pretence. I don't like the double standard that the Ancients ( especially the ascended variety) operate in their treatment of humanity. They cannot help or assist because they are held to a higher code due to their great wisdom and power and yet they don't mind getting involved for their own personal gain. Chaya was lonely, I felt sorry for her but it meant that her whole speach to Weir etc during the negotiation about how 'they' had nothing to offer her was a bunch of bull. In fact she wanted something as basic and human as companionship from one of them and was willing to break some rules and leave her planet just for that purpose. I am not sure being ascended is half as good as it is cracked up to be because being a ordinary human with the challenges and limitations you face seems far more rewarding. I think also that a relationship with an Ancient wouldn't be as rewarding for Sheppard as it would be too much of him learning from the other person rather than both of them learning from each other and together.

I love your fic Merlin . I think you captured very well the relationship between Sheppard and Weir. Ever since Hot Zone, I have been wanting a conversation that dealt with the issues raised but not continued in the end of that episode between Shep and Weir. I have read a lot of fics that dealt with the aftermath of that episode and some were very good but none of them actually asked and answered the question the way you did that I felt Weir was trying to put to Sheppard before being interrupted by Beckett and McKay.
              ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
              FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Hey,

I'm new to these forums - just signed up the day before yesterday - and I thought I'd pop up to say 'hi'

I'm a big Sheppard/Weir fan (obviously), and a big Torri fan. I'm not great at keeping up with message boards, but I'll try to check in as much as I can, even if I'm not posting much.

You guys look like a lot of fun, and I'm told you're as irreverant as I am.

It's nice to be here

Lin

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                  I wouldn't call myself an Ancient hater but I agree with Angel in that the more of them we seem to meet in the Stargate Universe the less impressed I am with them. ..... I think also that a relationship with an Ancient wouldn't be as rewarding for Sheppard as it would be too much of him learning from the other person rather than both of them learning from each other and together.
                  Very well put. And I very much agree with you. For shep and weir they are/can/will learn from each other. Ancients (ascended and descended(?)) still have a lot to learn but won't admit to it. (You said it much better than I ever could.)

Side note: WELCOME LIN!!!!
                  "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                  "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                  Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                  Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                  "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                  Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                  Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                  (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by Lin
                    Hey,

I'm new to these forums - just signed up the day before yesterday - and I thought I'd pop up to say 'hi'

I'm a big Sheppard/Weir fan (obviously), and a big Torri fan. I'm not great at keeping up with message boards, but I'll try to check in as much as I can, even if I'm not posting much.

You guys look like a lot of fun, and I'm told you're as irreverant as I am.

It's nice to be here

Lin
                    Hey! You made it. I wasn't sure if the mint story had put you off!

We're totally irrelevant.. er irreverant... aren't we?

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                      Hey! You made it. I wasn't sure if the mint story had put you off!
                      Ah, I'm not that easy to scare ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        We're totally irrelevant.. er irreverant... aren't we?
                        Probably a yes on both counts.

a time to mourn

Comment

Lin!!!!

*tackles and hugs*
                          It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
                          Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
                          Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Welcome Lin

And i updated my fan fic:

To Be Continued: Chapter 4

Hope u enjoy!!

Comment

I found Cheya dull, uninteresting, and rather creepy. But I guess you'd call me an Ancient Hater.

On a bigger scale I think of Sanctuary the same way I think of Emancipation. It was a regrettable episode with regrettable writing brought to us from the pen of an Enterprise writer going for a juvinile pallet. It lacked depth, and despite the valient attempts by the actors, it turned their characters into charictures of themselves.

Comment

Yeah, that's really what struck me about Sanctuary the second time I watched it. There was no real subplot. It was just Chaya. The episodes in the first half, where you'd expect some wobbling around, had more events going on than Sanctuary did, at which point the show is pretty stable and can obviously handle lots of things happening.

Episodes about a random guest character usually bother me, especially when it's obvious that the character is a one-time deal. Sanctuary really felt like we were just expected to like Chaya for no reason. If I wanted that, I'd find crappy fan fic to read.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X