No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yes. My brother hasn't lost power once since he bought a generator.
    Heh! Always be prepared!

Hey, guess what song just came up on my random playlist? Solitary Man. Mmmm... Vegas!John. Yum.
    Ohhhh yeah...

I had a tornado warning tonight. Not just a watch. A warning. That was some scary ****. Oh, and we even had hail. Some streets got flooded but not where I am.
    Glad you're okay! *hugs* We've had hail on occasion, but tornados are really rare out here. There was that one time while we were still living in Huntington Beach when we had a little twister (probably a waterspout come ashore) that actually came right up our street, tearing off some tree branches (little thin branches on tall thin trees) and blowing around lots of stuff. It was only a little thing and it just lasted for about a minute, but watching it and hearing the shrieky high-pitched scream of the wind was freaky as frak. *hugs you again*

Now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! USC's game with Cal was postponed (I read Cal is having some Covid shenanigans), Virginia Tech beat Duke 48-17, Tennessee lost to Georgia 41-17 (to be fair, Georgia is currently ranked #1 - congrats to Ugahill!), Rhode Island beat New Hampshire 28-3, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Colorado State 35-21, and Navy had a bye. On to next week!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Airforce is back!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay, Rhode Island!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Glad you're okay! *hugs* We've had hail on occasion, but tornados are really rare out here. There was that one time while we were still living in Huntington Beach when we had a little twister (probably a waterspout come ashore) that actually came right up our street, tearing off some tree branches (little thin branches on tall thin trees) and blowing around lots of stuff. It was only a little thing and it just lasted for about a minute, but watching it and hearing the shrieky high-pitched scream of the wind was freaky as frak. *hugs you again*
        That sounds so scary!!!

Tornados are extremely rare here as well. It was the first tornado warning we've ever had since they started that system back in 1986. I also read that a couple of little ones touched down in nearby Connecticut and they are investigating whether some hit Rhode Island. I don't know how people live in places where there are lots of tornados. The worst thing we typically get here is snow. Occasionally a hurricane or tropical storm.

Comment

The hedge is coming tomorrow... hopefully so we did the preparation. A bit of grass had to go and we literally quadrupled the amount of worms in that part of the yard.

Therefor, I would like to thank nature for giving earth worms the ability to continue living when chopped in half... we're really sorry for the splicing that happened today.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            The hedge is coming tomorrow... hopefully so we did the preparation. A bit of grass had to go and we literally quadrupled the amount of worms in that part of the yard.

Therefor, I would like to thank nature for giving earth worms the ability to continue living when chopped in half... we're really sorry for the splicing that happened today.

Good luck with your home improvements.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That sounds so scary!!!

Tornados are extremely rare here as well. It was the first tornado warning we've ever had since they started that system back in 1986. I also read that a couple of little ones touched down in nearby Connecticut and they are investigating whether some hit Rhode Island. I don't know how people live in places where there are lots of tornados. The worst thing we typically get here is snow. Occasionally a hurricane or tropical storm.
              Eeep! Yeah, it seems both coasts are having some wild weather right now. And I spoke too soon on the power outage front; we got one early this morning for about four hours.

Oh dear...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Glad to hear everyone dealing with weather is okay. I took a mini social media break and avoided the “metaverse”for a few days, and it was quite nice. I think it also protected my wallet, I saw so many Black Friday posts when I ventured on today.

The mental images your post printed- lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Eeep! Yeah, it seems both coasts are having some wild weather right now. And I spoke too soon on the power outage front; we got one early this morning for about four hours.
                  Doh!!! I'm glad it's resolved now.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                  Glad to hear everyone dealing with weather is okay. I took a mini social media break and avoided the “metaverse”for a few days, and it was quite nice. I think it also protected my wallet, I saw so many Black Friday posts when I ventured on today.
                  Yeah, I've been trying to stay away from shopping sites myself lately. My latest impulse purchase - this t-shirt to wear at Christmas time.
                  GC843_Snowman_1586x_f82899d5-eb43-4fa6-97d5-d346787499b1_5000x.jpg?v=1634272141.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I've been trying to stay away from shopping sites myself lately. My latest impulse purchase - this t-shirt to wear at Christmas time.
                    times 1000

Also, still no hedge... maybe tomorrow...

Comment

Ok now think I spoke too soon, I may have unplugged too much these past days . Just watched national weather this morning.SK hope you are safe. The images from the PNW are frightening.

JT2- lol-I love that shirt! I think I need it too. I think I’m in the post time change season of grump.

FH- hope the hedge comes soon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

GC843_Snowman_1586x_f82899d5-eb43-4fa6-97d5-d346787499b1_5000x.jpg?v=1634272141.jpg
                        OMG that is PERFECT!!!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                        Ok now think I spoke too soon, I may have unplugged too much these past days . Just watched national weather this morning.SK hope you are safe. The images from the PNW are frightening.
                        I'm fine here, but yeah, a lot of areas out here aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                          FH- hope the hedge comes soon.
                          It was delivered, all 40 tiny plants. Tomorrow is hedge-day!

Comment

Thanks, guys. Yeah, that t-shirt is perfect for me since everyone calls me a Grinch. I actually enjoy Christmas, but I don't want Christmas music to be on 24/7 (particularly before Dec 1), I don't put up a tree (I live alone so what's the point), I do most of my shopping online (this used to be strange but now I've become mainstream lol), etc.

FH - have fun and post some pics when you're done!!

Comment

...I don't want Christmas music to be on 24/7 (particularly before Dec 1)...
                              I confess to have listened to Bing Crosby singing christmas songs yesterday, when my sister and I were weaving chainmail christmas tree ornaments.

...I don't put up a tree (I live alone so what's the point)...
                              TREES ARE AWESOME!! I reccommend a Nordman.

FH - have fun and post some pics when you're done!!
                              I shall.

Comment

Hey, FH, I just reblogged a post with 2 LOVELY Kate gifs on Tumblr. They will make you crazy. She's so pretty. I wish I could load them here, but they break the size limits. Let's see if I can post a link instead for you. It is on the bottom of this post.

I confess to have listened to Bing Crosby singing christmas songs yesterday, when my sister and I were weaving chainmail christmas tree ornaments.
                                But, but... it's only November 16th.

TREES ARE AWESOME!! I reccommend a Nordman.
                                I just looked that up. Very nice! Still not going to do it.
                                rodneymckays: “TIMESTAMP ROULETTE - Stargate Atlantis | 1x18 The Gift for @stargatelov3r

Comment

Working...
                                X