Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    OMG Bring out the brain bleach for that mental image!!
    I know, I'm sorry... I wrote it and then considered the image but it was already too late.

Frankly, her Voyager outfit was another reason I had issues with her. I can't stand it when sci-fi dresses females solely for the male gaze (I know you like it too, FH, but let's be real - you are not what they are thinking about when they create these costumes - they're thinking of the young males they THINK is their core audience ). It's an issue I had with Teyla's wardrobe at times as well. *shrugs*
    The amount of times my eyeballs have rolled around in their sockets watching the original Star Trek series and Enterprise, and other shows, can no longer be quantified in small numbers.

I'm no fan of objectification of the female or male form in characters or actors alike. Hence why I'm no fan of tight fitting, short on cloth costumes for the sole reason of pandering to a certain audience.

On that note: Gabrielle's T-shirt growing ever so shorter in Xena, Warrior Princess.
    Edit: In fact, if that had gone for a few more seasons, she would have ended up in a bikini probably.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I’m having the same streaming dilemma. For what should really be a simple thing (I wish so at any rate) it is surprisingly cumbersome and paired with guilt in the age of ditch your daily coffee and avocado toast if you want to be financially secure and retire. What must the finance gurus think of all my monthly subscriptions. It’s madness, lol.

The good new on this gray and raining so hard flash flooding is likely kind of day- it’s the third and final day of new gas fireplace install (swapping out the 20 year old unit for new). I get my house back aka free of work team and a working fireplace in time for the coming cold snap. Bring in the hot tea and cozy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, I don't see things improving any time soon. It seems like there's more streaming channels all the time. Maybe if the streaming options were cheaper I wouldn't mind as much? But it gets to be expensive to subscribe to everything you want. I mean, I'd really like to watch some stuff I don't have access to but I just can't subscribe to them all. I might do a free preview of Apple+ just to watch Ted Lasso, but I'll binge it and end the subscription before the free look ends.
        Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        I’m having the same streaming dilemma. For what should really be a simple thing (I wish so at any rate) it is surprisingly cumbersome and paired with guilt in the age of ditch your daily coffee and avocado toast if you want to be financially secure and retire. What must the finance gurus think of all my monthly subscriptions. It’s madness, lol.
        Yeah, subscribing to a bunch of streaming services at once might cost as much as just getting a cable/satellite service. It's all very annoying.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        The good new on this gray and raining so hard flash flooding is likely kind of day- it’s the third and final day of new gas fireplace install (swapping out the 20 year old unit for new). I get my house back aka free of work team and a working fireplace in time for the coming cold snap. Bring in the hot tea and cozy.
        Yay for new fireplace!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I rarely watch TV these days, and I think my sister uses my Netflix subscription more than I do.

However... we download a lot. Like a lot lot... like a whole week of series we follow along with. I have a schedule on file of what is on when.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I know, I'm sorry... I wrote it and then considered the image but it was already too late.
            I will blame you for any nightmares I have!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            The amount of times my eyeballs have rolled around in their sockets watching the original Star Trek series and Enterprise, and other shows, can no longer be quantified in small numbers.

I'm no fan of objectification of the female or male form in characters or actors alike. Hence why I'm no fan of tight fitting, short on cloth costumes for the sole reason of pandering to a certain audience.

On that note: Gabrielle's T-shirt growing ever so shorter in Xena, Warrior Princess.
            Edit: In fact, if that had gone for a few more seasons, she would have ended up in a bikini probably.
            Oh yeah I have some vague memories of that. That was crazy.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
            Nice!!! Enjoy it when it's done.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Yeah, subscribing to a bunch of streaming services at once might cost as much as just getting a cable/satellite service. It's all very annoying.
            Yeah, if I wasn't already paying for cable, maybe I wouldn't mind? Sometimes I wonder if I really need my cable after all. What I mainly watch on it are national news, local news, football games, Animal Planet, and National Geographic. Those last two I could get with Discovery+. I'd need to get some way to get my news, though. And my football.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            I rarely watch TV these days, and I think my sister uses my Netflix subscription more than I do.

However... we download a lot. Like a lot lot... like a whole week of series we follow along with. I have a schedule on file of what is on when.
            I'm too afraid of viruses to download much. If I had a trustworthy source it would be one thing, but I don't.

Comment

I will blame you for any nightmares I have!
              You and me both...

I'm too afraid of viruses to download much. If I had a trustworthy source it would be one thing, but I don't.
              I had to turn off Norton website checker but otherwise I'm covered.
              Though it is true that it requires caution.

Comment

Watching Conversion (I've been binging in Hulu while I still can).

"Anything that has you speechless has me concerned."

Heehee. This episode has Sparky written all over it.

Comment

"You two are pretty close. Aren't you?"

"We've been through a lot together. Yes."

At which point Skinner-in-space just sighs thinking how he had to deal with 2 such fools at the FBI.

Comment

"It's only protocol."
                    "That's your answer for everything."

Okay I must know what else she has used "protocol" as an excuse for.... "No John, we can't have sex in the puddlejumper. It's a break of protocol."

Comment

I have insomnia again, so I've moved onto The Long Goodbye.

"You're a hopeless romantic. You know that?"
                      "Well you're just as hopeless. Otherwise you wouldn't have agreed."

*John looking sheepish*

Torri does such a good job of clearly differentiating for us between Elizabeth and Phoebus. Her voice and her body language both change.

*smoochy smooch* I wonder how many takes Torri got to do. Sigh, to have her life.

And now they're off fighting. I'm a heterosexual woman, but I can freely admit that Torri looks hot as hell doing all that fighting. *nods*

"Can you prove you're you?
                      "No I can't."
                      "What would Sheppard watch on TV?"
                      "No, that won't work."
                      "And why not?"
                      "Because if there was an alien consciousness in my head he'd know the answer is football"
                      "But only Sheppard would admit that, so...."
                      *Thalen thinking - wow, that was easier than expected*
                      Last edited by JT-2; 24 September 2021, 12:20 AM.

Comment

At which point Skinner-in-space just sighs thinking how he had to deal with 2 such fools at the FBI.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yeah, if I wasn't already paying for cable, maybe I wouldn't mind? Sometimes I wonder if I really need my cable after all. What I mainly watch on it are national news, local news, football games, Animal Planet, and National Geographic. Those last two I could get with Discovery+. I'd need to get some way to get my news, though. And my football.
                          Yeah, we need Dish to get broadcast TV for local news as we're located in terrain that makes picking up the over-the-air signal from Seattle impossible (though hilariously enough, the antenna can pick up Canadian channels out of Vancouver), plus football (Pac-12 Network for the win!), and a few other faves that are on various streams. A lot of it's on Discovery+, so I'm considering that one. PS: National Geographic is with Disney+.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Yeah, we need Dish to get broadcast TV for local news as we're located in terrain that makes picking up the over-the-air signal from Seattle impossible (though hilariously enough, the antenna can pick up Canadian channels out of Vancouver), plus football (Pac-12 Network for the win!), and a few other faves that are on various streams. A lot of it's on Discovery+, so I'm considering that one. PS: National Geographic is with Disney+.

I really meant National Geographic Wild. I like the animal shows. Is that on Disney+ too?

Does anyone have any requests for episodes for me to post my stream of consciousness if/when I have insomnia again? Maybe I won't have insomnia. I'm about to go out for Mexican food and I'm going to have a margarita. Maybe that will calm me down. We'll see.

Comment

Nowhere near enough tequila in my margarita. Not even a little buzz. Disappointing.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see things improving any time soon. It seems like there's more streaming channels all the time. Maybe if the streaming options were cheaper I wouldn't mind as much? But it gets to be expensive to subscribe to everything you want. I mean, I'd really like to watch some stuff I don't have access to but I just can't subscribe to them all. I might do a free preview of Apple+ just to watch Ted Lasso, but I'll binge it and end the subscription before the free look ends.
                                ITA on the discussion of TV. We have cable and do watch a lot of network shows along with several on cable channels. We also have Netflix and Paramount +. I got a new phone recently and they gave me a year of Apple TV so we are able to watch Ted Lasso. May I just say finally a comedy that is actually funny. "Truth Be Told" is also good if you like crime dramas but nothing much else on there impresses me much. Sorry Jason Mamoa but See was just not my thing.

Netflix and others are making a big deal about sharing passwords also. Lots of people are dropping cable but we like the convenience of the DVR because commercials give me the heebies.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X