Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    I had to study ethnomusicology when I was an opera performance major, . . .
    I didn't know that!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      No, it's funny how non-shippers *ignore* things like that. Some of these people can't see obvious feelings between two people unless one of them is stuffing a tongue down the other's throat. The art of slow, subtle romance is dying I fear.
      be nice some people care only about adventures and not feelings of characters towards each other. Sure they will notice that something's going on, but they will forget about it in one second if they don't care.

Comment

I just posted a very short fic here:http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=384

It's sort of smut, but it's all left to the imagination. I'm working on a real smutty one, but I'm stuck in the middle. You'd think at my age I'd have figured it out by now.

I also put this picture together because I was struck by John's similar facial expressions. This has become his "I'm looking at Elizabeth" look.

Or maybe it's just gas.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You do realize that the bolded part is the whole reason I read it.
          Originally posted by Southern Red
          I just posted a very short fic here:http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=384
          It's sort of smut, but it's all left to the imagination. I'm working on a real smutty one, but I'm stuck in the middle. You'd think at my age I'd have figured it out by now.
          I also put this picture together because I was struck by John's similar facial expressions. This has become his "I'm looking at Elizabeth" look.
          http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ive694copy.jpg
          Or maybe it's just gas.
          Can't wait for the REAL SMUTTY one. As for the gas comment, that sounds like a fic-in-the-making.
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

but Cooper says that they originally intended the Shep/Weir dynamic to have a Jack/Daniel vibe. Laughable I know
            Or maybe not..look at all the J/D slashers

There have been times when they use different "Gate dialers", so it could be someone else.
            Someone like Sheppard

WELCOME SHIPPYMOM
            I had actually watched that scene several times (yeah, okay, several x several ) as it looked like they were hand holding, but I couldn't see their hands below the frame.
            In that case, did you see
            Spoiler:
            the scene towards the end of Duet, when They're talking about Ronon, where John touched her arm a couple of times? Again it's just out of frame but it's definately there
            Editers love us. Camera-crew - not so much

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
              Someone like Sheppard
              LOL! Then I'd have to agree with Torri with the "gate dialer" being very cute! LOL

You're not helping by putting my brain on wild-ship-imagination overload.
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                I didn't know that!
                Yup, I was an opera performance major. I'm a dramatic soprano – big, loud, dark voice that tends to resonate in large halls. I didn't stick in music, though. It started becoming work instead of fun, unfortunately, and I just wasn't enjoying it enough anymore.

Or were you shocked by the ethnomusicology bit?

And Southern Red, the quote from Rob Cooper on Shep/Weir being like Jack and Daniel just cracks me up. They really messed that one up, didn't they?
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Athena
                  You're not helping by putting my brain on wild-ship-imagination overload
                  At first i thought you'd wrote ''wild-shep''. Now that's defo something i could go for

Anyway's....

What's the next ep with possible lotsofship? The Tower?

Comment

Or maybe not..look at all the J/D slashers
                    Heh, that's what I was thinking a while ago.

Comment

Or maybe it's just gas.
                      Loved your fic...gave you green! Now...write more smut!!!

and love the pics too...it's definately NOT gas!
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        And Southern Red, the quote from Rob Cooper on Shep/Weir being like Jack and Daniel just cracks me up. They really messed that one up, didn't they?
                        Ooops!

At first i thought you'd wrote ''wild-shep''. Now that's defo something i could go for

Anyway's....

What's the next ep with possible lotsofship? The Tower?
                        LOL! Well I can go for "wild-shep" too.

From what our Queen of Spoilers tells me for "The Tower",
                        Spoiler:
                        Shep ignores girlfriend of the week when she want's his genes...PG forum PG forum...and especially ignores girlfrend of the week when he see's Elizabeth captured by evil girlfriend of the week.
                        ~Athena

Comment

@Southern: John definately HAS a typical "Looking at Elizabeth*-look I love it...he even doesn't look at any *girlfriend of the week* so it's just specially for Elizabeth *sighs*

I made a new wallpaper... has a little TLG spoiler (Lyric is from Patti Smith... thought to take one of her, bc she's Torri's favourite singer )

I think I should get a new hobby besides Photoshop

Comment

Yes, I'm made it to my 50 post. I'm glad it was made here on my favorite couple thread.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I haven't seen the episode but your post is hysterical.

From what I heard, Rachel is a very good singer, but the song was out of place. The lip synching apparently wasn't done well either, which gave the impression that Rachel wasn't doing the singing, which is a dis-service to her.
                              OK I heard the song & I stand by my craptacular.

I would bet alot of $$ that RL has a beautiful singing voice. But, I was waiting for Simba & Nala to scamper across my screen. Just like there is No crying in baseball, there is No singing in Atlantis!!

I don't know why I am so critical of Athosians... i just don't like anything about them. I don't want to know anything about them. The lack of contractions is disturbing, but why should I care, they all speak perfectly modern Canadian except for that one thing. Quick! Story-up Teyla with Ronon, because she is rightontheedge of yuck for me.

And since this is the S/W thread, and I am nowhere near topic... do we know anything for GUP? I know a little about the "A" story, but there has to be a "B" & possibly "C" storyline too. Anything
                              Spoiler:
                              involving my tv boyfriend & girlfriend?

Comment

At the end of Conversion after the apology scene he said, "Dodged that bullet." I,of course, perked up and asked for an explanation. He went on to say that they were both relieved to get past the kiss and go back to their previous relationship.
                                I'd heard about the Conversion S/T kiss before seeing the episode, so I made a point to watch it with an open mind to see if I could see any S/T spark without my S/W bias interfering. But nope, no spark and Teyla's literal sigh of relief after her conversaton with Shep speaks pretty plainly that the door has been closed on a S/T romance.

I feel rather sorry for the S/T shippers who were set up in Rising and then had their hopes dashed by season two. Fickle PTB! But thank goodness it isn't my ship they trashed. LOL!

Aside from the S/T death knell in Conversion, in Intruder we are plainly told that (a) Weir is now single, (b) Weir will stand up to TPTB for John and (c) Weir's worry and concern for John is extreme. Then in Conversion, aside from Elizabeth's support of and worry for John we are also told, via Caldwell, that she and John are close. Sheesh, if I didn't harbour a cynasism about TPTB, my head would be hurting from having the beginning of the S/W romance being beaten over it by the aforementioned PTB.

If they continue to keep this up, maybe we should be sending TPTB a nice box of mints, in security-sealed packing, of course.

Oh my, maybe I made a mistake in joining the forum. Now I'm never going to get anything done around here!
                                signature with thanks to Dorka

Comment

Working...
                                X