Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Thank you.

It should be noted though that the Office Saga is literally written on the fly and it started as a way to write my frustrations away, with the loads of work which came at me during lockdown period and all the shenanigans taking place.... good thing they happen though. They've brought a lot of inspiration.

However, I do have 2 fics in the works, I occasionally work on.

I don't know if they'll ever see the light of day, but one is a Elizabeth/Kate fic which is filled with Atlantis peeps working together to help one of their own. Lots of angst and H/C... and then some. The other is set in a World War II setting so definitely alternate universe theme.

I relocated Pegasus to occupied France, starting on December 17, 1943... and write my way forward. I made Elizabeth the owner of a café and John will play an American pilot (obviously). Teyla's a younger sister to Weir (adopted). Ronon's married to Amelia and has a son, and another on the way. Rodney is with Katie Brown -- she has a flowershop. Daniel Jackson is the local pastor () and Carson's the local Doctor (married to a blond fury by the name of Cadman). Lorne's both bartender and bouncer. Elizabeth's also part of the resistance. Kate ends up at the Pegasus Café after being the only one to escape a deportation round-up (for which I will have add the violence/trigger tag).

Anywho... no idea of it will ever see the light of day but who knows.
    Ohh, I want to hear more already. I am drawn to reading literature set in WW2, not sure I’ve read a fanfic set in that time. I hope it sees the light of day! Writing can be such a lovely way to divert energies.

Comment

That must be so confusing to wake up to when you started watching a different episode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I tried watching Tao of Rodney, but I was so tired that I kept falling asleep and waking up to The Game, which I don't like. So that was irritating. I'll watch The Storm and The Eye today.
        Whoops!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        Writing can be such a lovely way to divert energies.
        That it is. Definitely hope to see your fics someday, FH!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Especially if you are lucky enough to have had a Stargate dream. Funny, I don’t remember having dreams when the series is on, but when I rewatch it happens from time to time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We have so much rain as the remnants of Hurricane Ida roll through. Too bad we can’t funnel it to the West. I follow a Lake Tahoe Wildlife rescue and they evacuated with the animals yesterday. Mind boggling how unbalanced our weather systems/climates/geography, whatever, is. I mean, I don’t think it’s supposed to be perfectly balanced, Thanos isn’t in charge after all, but sometimes is is frustratingly maddening.

Comment

We have so much rain as the remnants of Hurricane Ida roll through. Too bad we can’t funnel it to the West. I follow a Lake Tahoe Wildlife rescue and they evacuated with the animals yesterday. Mind boggling how unbalanced our weather systems/climates/geography, whatever, is. I mean, I don’t think it’s supposed to be perfectly balanced, Thanos isn’t in charge after all, but sometimes is is frustratingly maddening.
                Yeah, we have had all the rain we need too from Henri. I also wish we could divert it to the West. Get on it, science!!

That Thanos joke made me

ETA: 3 more business days until my vacation starts!!

ETA2: My vacation starts with me cat-sitting for my brother and his family who are going "camping". I put that in quotes because they are staying in a cabin that has a fridge, a stove, a microwave, and a working bathroom. How is that camping exactly?? I don't understand.
                Last edited by JT-2; 31 August 2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

ETA2: My vacation starts with me cat-sitting for my brother and his family who are going "camping". I put that in quotes because they are staying in a cabin that has a fridge, a stove, a microwave, and a working bathroom. How is that camping exactly?? I don't understand.
                  The official name for that sort of camping is glamping.

And I still can't get my sister to come with me on such a trip.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Honestly, with the way things are going, sometimes I wonder if Thanos was right after all...

We really could use all that rain...

Yep, glamping. Definitely a thing out here, with very fancy tents/yurts equipped with king-sized beds, gourmet meals provided by staff, and all that.

Comment

That's a perfect name for it! I guess they're going to do nature things like hikes and such, so they are still calling it camping? So if I use their fire pit while I'm house sitting, can I call that camping too?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                      Yep, glamping. Definitely a thing out here, with very fancy tents/yurts equipped with king-sized beds, gourmet meals provided by staff, and all that.
                      Okay, they're not going THAT far outside what I'd call camping.

Comment

Hey SK- I’m hearing of more trouble than usual with ferries being on time or outright cancelled. I’m supposed to be on one of those soon, with a car, if I don’t crash into the ocean trying to drive aboard. You’ve mentioned using the ferries before, are you having issues? And please tell me I’m overthinking the whole driving a car into a boat thing, because I’m a tad nervous.

Yeah, we have had all the rain we need too from Henri. I also wish we could divert it to the West. Get on it, science!!

That Thanos joke made me

ETA: 3 more business days until my vacation starts!!

Yay for vacay! Mine starts next week as well. I don’t think the cabin qualifies as camping technically but if it makes them happy I’ll endorse it. I’m all for happy.

Comment

That's a perfect name for it! I guess they're going to do nature things like hikes and such, so they are still calling it camping? So if I use their fire pit while I'm house sitting, can I call that camping too?
                          YOU CAN MAKE SMORES!!

I approve!

Comment

Thunderstorms are not allowing me to sleep. Hey ZA, we finally got that rain. I'm not going to complain when the South got hammered by it. Very scary.

Yay for vacay! Mine starts next week as well. I don’t think the cabin qualifies as camping technically but if it makes them happy I’ll endorse it. I’m all for happy.
                            Yay!! Do you have any plans?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            YOU CAN MAKE SMORES!!

I approve!
                            YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! I haven't had smores in forever.

Comment

Ugh... I probably mentioned this before but I hate open offices.

I'm so grateful there are YouTube channels which solely deal in focus music, and of course, a very big thank you to Bose for making noise cancelling headphones which make all the background noise disappear (except when one of my colleagues' sneezes -- she sneezes me right out of my concentration cause she's very loud. She gets bless you's from the other side of the building in a manner of speaking. )

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hey SK- I’m hearing of more trouble than usual with ferries being on time or outright cancelled. I’m supposed to be on one of those soon, with a car, if I don’t crash into the ocean trying to drive aboard. You’ve mentioned using the ferries before, are you having issues? And please tell me I’m overthinking the whole driving a car into a boat thing, because I’m a tad nervous.
                                Yeah, we are having a lot more delays and cancellations on some sailings due to lack of crew, though we've managed to luck out so far and not been on any affected sailings (yet). Are you going on any of the routes that have reservations? If you've got a reservation and your sailing is cancelled, they give priority to reservation holders before the standby line on the next available sailing. Driving onto a ferry is easy; I was a little nervous the first time, and it was fine. The newer ferries are a little bigger, wider lanes so you've got more wiggle room. PM me if you've got any more questions.

YOU CAN MAKE SMORES!!

I approve!
                                Seconding this! S'mores are AWESOME!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X