Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Time it perhaps... like I did screentime and words once.
    I should do that! One time I tried to hold my breath starting at the same time Jack did. I didn't make it halfway through his swim. But maybe my lungs are crap.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
      Indeed. Whompie, but no killie. Protect the hopeless romantic hottie. I went on to watch the return 1&2, and I’m not sure how much managed that on a work night, but it was so nice to take in that much muscle-y goodness. (I especially like it when Ronon is pointing two guns ​ )Webster’s folks be coming for me today. And quite possibly my high school English teach. Sorry for my liberties with grammar, but I’m in a oddly bubbly and goofy mood, and I can’t seem to help myself. It would be a good day to write some fun fanfic
      Bubbly and goofy is good! There should always be more bubbly and goofy in life.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

You're very funny when you're oddly bubbly and goofy. As Elizabeth would say... "Cheeky!"

Return 1 & 2 are very good episodes. Lots of room for fanfic to fill in the gaps.

ETA: I'm watching those episodes right now. The amount of time Jack holds his breath is quite unbelievable. I mean, come on.
      Jack's a badass.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Jack's a badass.
        I can imagine RDA reading the script, all "I come out of retirement and you want me to WHAT?"

Comment

Hell no, Corin Nemec still holds the record of bad-ass-ery in Stargate.

Anywho... shenanigans at the office space today ... covid-related regulations and at least 3 colleagues who are all "corona is just a flu"-crap, two of whom are not vaccinated. They were occupying 1 desk island with no screens in between -- which is the regulation for now. So they complained thoroughly after a teamlead had instructed those screens to be placed there.

The moment he went home at the end of the day, they moved the screens to my team's island instead. I'm almost sad I won't be there monday to see the teamlead order a new set be placed among them.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hell no, Corin Nemec still holds the record of bad-ass-ery in Stargate.

Anywho... shenanigans at the office space today ... covid-related regulations and at least 3 colleagues who are all "corona is just a flu"-crap, two of whom are not vaccinated. They were occupying 1 desk island with no screens in between -- which is the regulation for now. So they complained thoroughly after a teamlead had instructed those screens to be placed there.

The moment he went home at the end of the day, they moved the screens to my team's island instead. I'm almost sad I won't be there monday to see the teamlead order a new set be placed among them.
            Ah, so there are idiots in Europe too, huh? I thought we had them all here.

But I bet they're not stupid enough to take horse and cow de-wormer for covid. People here are doing that. *facepalm*

Comment

One thing I’d forgotten in the Long Goodbye is how everyone quickly looked away when they kissed, everyone except McKay who seemed surprised, but oddly pleased. In my fics, I’m guilty usually overdramatizing his response to such things. I mean, it’s hard to resist. His dramatic flair is downright fun to write. I tell you, some of us need to get to writing. FH is writing lovely stories and I’m just lollygagging around with my Netflix, snack, and chill routine. Speaking of tv, I think I’ll treat myself to another SGA epp tonight, though FH kind of has me wanting to watch some SG1 episodes with Jonas Quinn.

You're very funny when you're oddly bubbly and goofy. As Elizabeth would say... "Cheeky!"

Return 1 & 2 are very good episodes. Lots of room for fanfic to fill in the gaps.

ETA: I'm watching those episodes right now. The amount of time Jack holds his breath is quite unbelievable. I mean, come on.
              Omg, I was totally holding my breath too! Always do. And those episodes do have lots of room for fanfic gap filling. My mind goes straight to sleeping arrangements when they met back up with Teyla and Ronon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I can imagine RDA reading the script, all "I come out of retirement and you want me to WHAT?"

But I bet they're not stupid enough to take horse and cow de-wormer for covid. People here are doing that. *facepalm*
                Don't forget what Agent K said about people...

One thing I’d forgotten in the Long Goodbye is how everyone quickly looked away when they kissed, everyone except McKay who seemed surprised, but oddly pleased.
                Rodney may seem abrasive on the outside, but inside, he's a mushy romantic. And totally a Sparky shipper.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

One thing I’d forgotten in the Long Goodbye is how everyone quickly looked away when they kissed, everyone except McKay who seemed surprised, but oddly pleased. In my fics, I’m guilty usually overdramatizing his response to such things. I mean, it’s hard to resist. His dramatic flair is downright fun to write. I tell you, some of us need to get to writing. FH is writing lovely stories and I’m just lollygagging around with my Netflix, snack, and chill routine. Speaking of tv, I think I’ll treat myself to another SGA epp tonight, though FH kind of has me wanting to watch some SG1 episodes with Jonas Quinn.
                  I watched 38 Minutes last night. It was a pretty good episode. Man, I want to smack Kavanagh so badly. And if they'd put that whole "I have something I need to say" bit in a later season, it would have been the shippiest thing to ever ship.

And I agree with SK, McKay is a mushy romantic underneath it all and he ships Sparky hardcore. *nods*

Omg, I was totally holding my breath too! Always do. And those episodes do have lots of room for fanfic gap filling. My mind goes straight to sleeping arrangements when they met back up with Teyla and Ronon.
                  Tee-hee!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  Don't forget what Agent K said about people...
                  I can understand (if not agree with) people thinking that ivermectin is a beneficial drug for covid, but to take a cow formulation of it??? I mean, cows and horses weight a lot more than we do. So dosing is a problem here..... I just don't understand.

Comment

I watched 38 Minutes last night. It was a pretty good episode. Man, I want to smack Kavanagh so badly. And if they'd put that whole "I have something I need to say" bit in a later season, it would have been the shippiest thing to ever ship.

And I agree with SK, McKay is a mushy romantic underneath it all and he ships Sparky hardcore. *nods*

Tee-hee!
                    Yep, agree with you both. McKay is crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle. It was such a sweet look on his face though. Funny the nuances that slip away when it’s been a while since you watched certain episodes. And while we know he is fond of blondes, he did seem to have a sweet spot for Elizabeth. Like the book he wrote in Tao of Rodney. Ohhh. I need to watch that episode again too. Those boys and “Elizabeth made me”

Comment

Yep, agree with you both. McKay is crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle. It was such a sweet look on his face though. Funny the nuances that slip away when it’s been a while since you watched certain episodes. And while we know he is fond of blondes, he did seem to have a sweet spot for Elizabeth. Like the book he wrote in Tao of Rodney. Ohhh. I need to watch that episode again too. Those boys and “Elizabeth made me”
                      Tao of Rodney is my favorite episode! Yes, Elizabeth and her boys. I love watching Elizabeth and Rodney's friendship. He respects her more than he does most people. And I love that moment in The Storm where he picks a nearby grounding station for Elizabeth because she was "complaining about her knee the other day". It's so freaking sweet!! And she just shrugs cutely at John like "Yup, he likes me the most!"

Hmm... what to watch tonight. Do I pick Tao or The Storm/The Eye?? Difficult decisions.

Comment

Oh no... we have our own version of covidiots​.

I read about that and I just can't grasp the stupidity of doing that.

And the worst part, studies have shown that covid affects the brain in such a way that a person can loose up to 7 IQ-points, and then I thought about all the stupid people going about their business and denying the existence of the virus or whining about having to follow the rules... They already have so few braincells!! They won't have anything left after covid.

FH is writing lovely stories and I’m just lollygagging around with my Netflix, snack, and chill routine.
                        Thank you.

It should be noted though that the Office Saga is literally written on the fly and it started as a way to write my frustrations away, with the loads of work which came at me during lockdown period and all the shenanigans taking place.... good thing they happen though. They've brought a lot of inspiration.

However, I do have 2 fics in the works, I occasionally work on.

I don't know if they'll ever see the light of day, but one is a Elizabeth/Kate fic which is filled with Atlantis peeps working together to help one of their own. Lots of angst and H/C... and then some. The other is set in a World War II setting so definitely alternate universe theme.

I relocated Pegasus to occupied France, starting on December 17, 1943... and write my way forward. I made Elizabeth the owner of a café and John will play an American pilot (obviously). Teyla's a younger sister to Weir (adopted). Ronon's married to Amelia and has a son, and another on the way. Rodney is with Katie Brown -- she has a flowershop. Daniel Jackson is the local pastor () and Carson's the local Doctor (married to a blond fury by the name of Cadman). Lorne's both bartender and bouncer. Elizabeth's also part of the resistance. Kate ends up at the Pegasus Café after being the only one to escape a deportation round-up (for which I will have add the violence/trigger tag).

Anywho... no idea of it will ever see the light of day but who knows.

Comment

Anywho... no idea of it will ever see the light of day but who knows.
                          Actually ............. Who Knows doesn't know. But I hope you do find the time to post it (after you finish your rewatch of SG1 & all the jigsaws)

It should be most interesting Mmo9zFu.gif

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Tao of Rodney is my favorite episode! Yes, Elizabeth and her boys. I love watching Elizabeth and Rodney's friendship. He respects her more than he does most people. And I love that moment in The Storm where he picks a nearby grounding station for Elizabeth because she was "complaining about her knee the other day". It's so freaking sweet!! And she just shrugs cutely at John like "Yup, he likes me the most!"
                            Yep, Elizabeth and her boys indeed.

Hmm... what to watch tonight. Do I pick Tao or The Storm/The Eye?? Difficult decisions.
                            Heh, why not all three?

Comment

I read about that and I just can't grasp the stupidity of doing that.

And the worst part, studies have shown that covid affects the brain in such a way that a person can loose up to 7 IQ-points, and then I thought about all the stupid people going about their business and denying the existence of the virus or whining about having to follow the rules... They already have so few braincells!! They won't have anything left after covid.

And your fic ideas sound really intriguing! I hope to read them someday!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Heh, why not all three?
                              I tried watching Tao of Rodney, but I was so tired that I kept falling asleep and waking up to The Game, which I don't like. So that was irritating. I'll watch The Storm and The Eye today.

Comment

...waking up to The Game...
                                That must be so confusing to wake up to when you started watching a different episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X